Why Sangakkara is the best cricketer from the Asian subcontinent the game has ever seen

Just because someone isn't as good as you.......does that mean you treat him like your servant?
Did he tell your friend n Co tht they were rubbish? If no, then maybe he was only pretending to be rude so they leave themselves (w/o being told that they were rubbish ). If tht was the case, it was a good thing?;)
Did he tell your friend n Co tht they were rubbish? If no' date=' then maybe he was only pretending to be rude so they leave themselves (w/o being told that they were rubbish ). If tht was the case, it was a good thing?;)[/quote'] Ummmm.......they didn't just show up and start bowling at them.........it was a scheduled session by the SLC......back then my friend was a SL U-19 probable (didn't get selected eventually) as were the rest.......he didn't call them rubbish........but the general tone with which he was speaking to them was very rude......
Ummmm.......they didn't just show up and start bowling at them.........it was a scheduled session by the SLC......back then my friend was a SL U-19 probable (didn't get selected eventually) as were the rest.......he didn't call them rubbish........but the general tone with which he was speaking to them was very rude......
I think he was in a way challenging them to bowl better at him, give it their all. Also to make them tough, such tht they're not affected by rudeness of opposition players
I think he was in a way challenging them to bowl better at him' date=' give it their all. Also to make them tough, such tht they're not affected by rudeness of opposition players[/quote'] :haha:.......motivating youngsters by treating them like second rate citizens.........
Sehwag takes it because he is a born match winner' date=' Sanga averages a bit more and Sehwag scores runs about 60% faster, both of them not so good outside the SC - so it is Sehwag. Dravid is one of the few cricketers who average more away than at home, and Sanga, inspite of playing mostly in an era without very formidable bowlers, and mostly at home and against weaker teams, definitely ranks below Dravid. Sanga also averages in the low 30s or mid 30s in four major nations, that is a distinct weakness.[/quote'] Sangakkara averages 60+ against Australia and mid 30's against a team like South Africa is a pretty decent average. What good is having a better strike rate when you get out cheaply. Sangakkara is a top tier batsman and I don't get why Indians don't give him enough respect and this includes Indians that I know and yet everyone else gives him credit. The guy is a class act, a class player and to score a ton in Australia in a 4th innings chase and a ton in England and South Africa in the 3rd innings shows a lot of skill. I loved watching Sehwag bat but there is no way you can say that he is better than Sangakkara. Just because you score runs at home shouldn't put down your achievements otherwise so many players wouldn't be said to be as good as they are. I think if you can score away then that should boost you but if you score at home that shouldn't be used against you. I would put Dravid ahead because what Dravid has done for several years is just amazing but it isn't as fair as people think.
Sangakkara averages 60+ against Australia and mid 30's against a team like South Africa is a pretty decent average. What good is having a better strike rate when you get out cheaply. Sangakkara is a top tier batsman and I don't get why Indians don't give him enough respect and this includes Indians that I know and yet everyone else gives him credit. The guy is a class act, a class player and to score a ton in Australia in a 4th innings chase and a ton in England and South Africa in the 3rd innings shows a lot of skill. I loved watching Sehwag bat but there is no way you can say that he is better than Sangakkara. Just because you score runs at home shouldn't put down your achievements otherwise so many players wouldn't be said to be as good as they are. I think if you can score away then that should boost you but if you score at home that shouldn't be used against you. I would put Dravid ahead because what Dravid has done for several years is just amazing but it isn't as fair as people think.
dont insult sehwag by comparing him with sanga.. cat-saturday-15.jpg
Sangakkara averages 60+ against Australia and mid 30's against a team like South Africa is a pretty decent average. What good is having a better strike rate when you get out cheaply. Sangakkara is a top tier batsman and I don't get why Indians don't give him enough respect and this includes Indians that I know and yet everyone else gives him credit. The guy is a class act, a class player and to score a ton in Australia in a 4th innings chase and a ton in England and South Africa in the 3rd innings shows a lot of skill. I loved watching Sehwag bat but there is no way you can say that he is better than Sangakkara. Just because you score runs at home shouldn't put down your achievements otherwise so many players wouldn't be said to be as good as they are. I think if you can score away then that should boost you but if you score at home that shouldn't be used against you. I would put Dravid ahead because what Dravid has done for several years is just amazing but it isn't as fair as people think.
A batsman who gets out cheaply does not average 50 in test cricket. Sehwag is a test opener, I don't think many think about this when they evaluate him as a player. An opener averaging 50 at a S/R of 83 is a dream come true for any team, and Sehwag did this over nearly 100 tests. Bowling team would be utterly demoralized when Sehwag is at his best. Compare him with other openers for the past 30 years. Barring the very few, most openers average in the low 40s or less than 40, because they are facing fresh bowlers and the new ball every time they go out to bat.

The question of why Sangakkara ordered the no ball to prevent Sehwag raising his century has never been answered? nor why he had to lie at the press conference - before the stump mic evidence came out and caught him out. make up your own mind as to what he was upto. http://cricketcrowd.com/displayvideo.html?ccvideo=5572&ccdesc=Spot%20fixing%20concern:%20Why%20did%20Sanga%20order%20no%20ball?