a question from australia

indiansinaus

A question. I don't know anything about the tribal or regional makeup of India but I occassionally see Indian women in Australia who are black- not brown or fair- but black. They are so stunning but I have never been game to go up to them and say 'excuse me, what part of India are black people like yourself from?' because that would seem confrontational and offensive. Can someone tell me, where are the blackest people in India from and what tribe/race are they. These women are tallish, slim and often have long, straight black hair.

A question. I don't know anything about the tribal or regional makeup of India but I occassionally see Indian women in Australia who are black- not brown or fair- but black. They are so stunning but I have never been game to go up to them and say 'excuse me' date= what part of India are black people like yourself from?' because that would seem confrontational and offensive. Can someone tell me, where are the blackest people in India from and what tribe/race are they. These women are tallish, slim and often have long, straight black hair.
It sure would, but why can't you simply ask " What part of India", instead of what part of India are black people from? This might give yu more clues http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamil_Nadu

I am not sure if the OP is referring to dark-complexioned people as black people. I am not sure if there are actually any black people in India. The women in some parts of south India are dark , but havent actually seen black people , unless ofcourse they are from some tribes.

the question i ask is out of interest in culture, please dont assume that it is prejudiced or ignorant. i am a teacher of adult education and teach many indians- mostly from gujarat actually. the fact of the people i am talking about is that their complexion is compelling and strikingly beautiful and i'd like to know where such people come from.

Just ask them which part of India they come from......not so difficult. There is some tribe in India which is of African origin. >>>>These women are tallish, slim and often have long, straight black hair. I can't think of any place in India where all women are tall slim with straight hair.

There is some tribe in India which is of African origin.
Yeah. That tribe is over 1 billion strong in India and 6+ billion strong in the world. :haha:
I can't think of any place in India where all women are tall slim with straight hair.
I can- but you have to go to the pahari areas of Himachal Pradesh or Ladakh to see those women. But those people are definitely not dark-skinned, some of them are whiter than the average caucasian ( the milky white complexion & not the pink complexion of caucasians).

But those people are definitely not dark-skinned, some of them are whiter than the average caucasian ( the milky white complexion & not the pink complexion of caucasians).
actually, if u go to kashmir, srinagar region and shilong region.. u might find such people.. lot of in darjling and all too..