Brett Lee rates Tendulkar above Lara

do you have any data to support this or just throwing the stone in the sea :giggle:
Why not look at any World XI made by any ex cricketer, from Bradman to cricinfo and see who features in them? Lara only features in second world XI. Sachin is the only modern player to feature in all world XIs. Not to mention direct comments by Bradman or Richards
Why not look at any World XI made by any ex cricketer' date=' from Bradman to cricinfo and see who features in them? Lara only features in second world XI. Sachin is the only modern player to feature in all world XIs. Not to mention direct comments by Bradman or Richards[/quote'] Now that is exagerrating....Lara and SRT both have spots in all time XI'....having said that SRT>Lara before you attack me :fear:
Why not look at any World XI made by any ex cricketer' date=' from Bradman to cricinfo and see who features in them? Lara only features in second world XI. Sachin is the only modern player to feature in all world XIs. Not to mention direct comments by Bradman or Richards[/quote'] i did google .. i could see more great players preferring lara over sachin..:winky: and i dont bother the likes of whom wasim and ramiz pick :winky:
In a test match scenario' date=' if there was one person I would trust to bat for my life,it would probably be Kallis.The man is a wall.[/quote'] Tendulkar...he was easily better against more quality sides while Kallis bullied attacks like India .
In a test match scenario' date=' if there was one person I would trust to bat for my life,it would probably be Kallis.The man is a wall.[/quote'] Kallis better than Sachin, Dravid and ponting - Ganguly :cantstop: another thread coming :blink:
Kallis better than Sachin, Dravid and ponting - Ganguly :cantstop: another thread coming :blink:
No just his opinion same as yoda e..but I think tendulkar if u only consider batting was better again just my opinion and I am not a fanboy :cantstop:
Tendulkar...he was easily better against more quality sides while Kallis bullied attacks like India .
tendulkars legacy was built on ODI heroics .. hardly he won matches for us in tests esp in away matches Note:- i presented the proof for my above point with stats years before , but the targeted audience is yet to counter it :giggle:
tendulkars legacy was built on ODI heroics .. hardly he won matches for us in tests esp in away matches Note:- i presented the proof for my above point with stats years before , but the targeted audience is yet to counter it :giggle:
It's a team game and we are talking about some one reliable and tendulkar easily is better batsman against great bowlers than Kallis you can find stats to back it too I even Dravid did more than Kallis against best attacks IMO
Now that is exagerrating....Lara and SRT both have spots in all time XI'....having said that SRT>Lara before you attack me :fear:
Nope this is cricinfo's all time XI http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/magazine/alltime_composite.html No Lara but Sachin is there This is Wisden's all time XI http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/don-bradman-and-shane-warne-named-in-wisdens-alltime-xi-20131024-2w2fp.html No Lara but Sachin is there with Shane Warne being the only other modern great This is Bradman's dream XI team http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/1488685.stm Sachin is the only modern great to make it to the XI This is Richie's Benaud's XI http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richie_Benaud's_Greatest_XI Sachin is there but no Lara In fact, in my memory, only Bird's all time XI does not include Sachin and he does not include Bradman either.
It's a team game and we are talking about some one reliable and tendulkar easily is better batsman against great bowlers than Kallis you can find stats to back it too I even Dravid did more than Kallis against best attacks IMO
i presented the stats about indian players only .. all faced the same set of bowlers yet few did well when mattered
Velu, test match wins depend on bowlers, batsmen cannot win matches, they can only give the bowlers a healthy lead. Agree with you that given Sachin has played 200 tests, by the law of averages he must have had enough chances to win matches away, which he failed. But the blame is not entirely his. Our bowling is so ordinary that it is difficult to blame the batsmen fully for these things.
Yes I rememeber those stats like Dravid's overseas wins against West Indies in a series which Sachin chose to skip all together