Vengsarkar as Chief selector has done more harm than good.

putrevus

When he took over as chairman of selectors , he told the country it was about youth movement , but when that failed in south africa , what he did was run back to experience for world cup , we all know how it went. He was again on youth band wagon when we won 20-20 world cup , in 20-20 world cup, now back in australian series he opted for experience , this shows he has no plan in mind for future . He come out and give ridiculous comments about dravid , he was not even half the player which dravid was and he still has nerve to say dravid doesnt merit a place in indian team yet viru is chosen with no sign of any form from his side.This team contain six openers who are all swing and miss guys except sachin and to some extent Ganguly. So what is message is he giving to country.Kiran more was first chairman of selectors who had more things to say in press and this guy has taken to new level.Why was he in England for tour when he was not needed that tell me all he wants is free rides and perks which come as a chairman of selectors.

Great OP, completely agree. Perfect fair-weather selector! Just goes with the flow, without having any long term plans in mind. Dropped Raina, Kaif, Sehwag after SA tour, restored the oldies, declared that India lacks talent, rested Tendu & Ganguly for BD ODI series (inline with the mass sentiments). Now after 20/20 he is on the youth bandwagon. The worst chief selector in close to a decade

For all those having a go at our selectors , it would do their cause no harm if they could also dutifully list how differently they would have done things wrt selection. And yea , if you look into the mirror ,you might just see this.
First drop Dicksarkar from the Panel.
For all those having a go at our selectors , it would do their cause no harm if they could also dutifully list how differently they would have done things wrt selection. And yea , if you look into the mirror ,you might just see this.
1) Declaring that there was no talent in the country, after seeing the failure or Raina & Kaif, barely six months before the 20/20 world cup & using that as an excuse to restore the oldies 2) Booting Sehwag out based on a couple of series failures, while backing non-performing oldies 3) Bringing back Sehwag for the ODI series post world cup & dropping him for the test series 4) Resting/Dropping Tendulkar & Ganguly to appease the media & public, post WCup 5) Conflicts with Dravid during the English tour 6) Handling Dravid politically during selections 7) Riding on the youth wave again after the 20/20 win. All these tell me that he makes decisions by/to: 1) Keep the media & public happy. Popular choices as opposed to sensible ones 2) Keep his board/Pawar happy 3) Stamp his authority and ego over players 4) Reacting to situations rather than working towards a plan

!)Declaring that there was no talent in the country, after seeing the failure or Raina & Kaif, barely six months before the 20/20 world cup & using that as an excuse to restore the oldies - Thats just a mere statement , cant really hold him ransom for a some retarted statement that he makes once in a while. 2) Booting Sehwag out based on a couple of series failures, while backing non-performing oldies - Couple of failures. Sehwag was out of form for a long long time when he was dropped. Save his useless century against Bermuda , he hadnt done nothing for a long time. 3) Bringing back Sehwag for the ODI series post world cup & dropping him for the test series -- Well it paid off , Both Jaffer and Karthik have been a tremendous success both in BD and England. 4) Resting/Dropping Tendulkar & Ganguly to appease the media & public, post WCup - Sachin and Ganguly were rested because its Bangladesh and they were later taken back for other sterner tests against the Saffies , Eng and Aus. And again , they have vinidicated their selection too, top scoring in matches since then. 5) Conflicts with Dravid during the English tour - Only press reports, nothing has come out of the horse's mouth yet. 6) Handling Dravid politically during selections - Ditto 7) Riding on the youth wave again after the 20/20 win. - What does that mean ? They picked a young team for 20/20 , it won. They reverted back to the seniors for the one-dayers. They picked the same young team for the one-off against Aus and now , they have have reverted to the seniors sans Dravid again. I dont see any flip-flopping. I am not actually defending Vengsarkar. I dont like the way he is been too, but i think its just very easy to comment based on hindsight.

!) 5) Conflicts with Dravid during the English tour - Only press reports, nothing has come out of the horse's mouth yet. 6) Handling Dravid politically during selections - Ditto
No smoke without fire - mebbe u need a tehelka type video to convince you. I think you are one of those who still believes Woolmer died peacefully in his sleep :finger: nothing has come out of the horse's mouth yet in that case either, has it ? :giggle::D
No smoke without fire - mebbe u need a tehelka type video to convince you. I think you are one of those who still believes Woolmer died peacefully in his sleep :finger: nothing has come out of the horse's mouth yet in that case either, has it ? :giggle::D
If you are going to believe stories in the Indian media to decide whats happening, all i can say is - Best of luck