For Indian Cricket to improve learn from US Baseball

Midfielder

I love cricket. I just want people to move out from dark ages. The stiff upper lip british thing about cricket should be past.
Dark ages? Following cricket equates to that ? Liking baseball will solve that? Just in case you don't know Indians follow football (not the NFL one), Tennis, Boxing, Grand prix besides cricket. American sports is generally not really liked in India because it is not played much in India or in most countries or played differently. Same way Americans don't follow soccer (as they call it). Liking american sports is not the only way we can come out of "dark ages". As i said i have spent 16 years in USA. Never fascinated any sport bar NBA. I still love cricket more than ever thanks to this wonderful forum. Besides calling themselves "world champions" is the ultimate farce. We still ridicule american friends for that. They take it sportively.

Dark ages? Following cricket equates to that ? Liking baseball will solve that? Just in case you don't know Indians follow football (not the NFL one), Tennis, Boxing, Grand prix besides cricket. American sports is generally not really liked in India because it is not played much in India or in most countries or played differently. Same way Americans don't follow soccer (as they call it). Liking american sports is not the only way we can come out of "dark ages". As i said i have spent 16 years in USA. Never fascinated any sport bar NBA. I still love cricket more than ever thanks to this wonderful forum. Besides calling themselves "world champions" is the ultimate farce. We still ridicule american friends for that. They take it sportively.
You took my comment out of context. I was critical abt the british rules of white uniforms and not playing on churchday. Never said or implied indians or cricket is in dark ages. Never meant to never will.

All you do is keep on talking please post some proof or numbers otherwise you will not be taken seriously. Showing a picture of 5 ft 5 player doing two foot jump does not show you in good light.
Sorry, you cannot shift the burden of proof on to me. You made the claim that baseballers are fitter. You need to provide the data that proves that top cricketers in terms of fitness, such as Jadeja, are less fit than baseball players. So until you provide numbers on how Jadeja is slower, you cannot be taken seriously.

Can you post your sats' date=' like how many minutes to run a mile, how many reps how much weight. You are very impressive.[/quote'] You don't need stats to figure out that the particular exemplary jump-picture you posted, turned out to be a joke - from the video evidence. Why don't you try collecting an independent stat on how many people agree that that particular jump is a 'symbol' of superior athleticism? You picked a dumb example and got caught, as simple as that.

You don't need stats to figure out that the particular exemplary jump-picture you posted, turned out to be a joke - from the video evidence. Why don't you try collecting an independent stat on how many people agree that that particular jump is a 'symbol' of superior athleticism? You picked a dumb example and got caught, as simple as that.
Is it photoshopped or the jump was high. 6 ft > 2ft. q.e.d

Sorry, you cannot shift the burden of proof on to me. You made the claim that baseballers are fitter. You need to provide the data that proves that top cricketers in terms of fitness, such as Jadeja, are less fit than baseball players. So until you provide numbers on how Jadeja is slower, you cannot be taken seriously.
So you have no numbers. That is what I thought.

Cricket Australia hired a baseball catch to help the team with their fielding. Australia's fielding is, by large, light years ahead of any other team. Their athleticism is nothing short of amazing! So yeah, maybe we could learn a thing or two from baseball.
Please dont say this here. This is sacrilege. Australians dont know how to play cricket. I am sure they are teaching things to baseball players.:winky:

Cricket Australia hired a baseball catch to help the team with their fielding. Australia's fielding is, by large, light years ahead of any other team. Their athleticism is nothing short of amazing! So yeah, maybe we could learn a thing or two from baseball.
On a serious note Chappels are in US a lot. The Aussies try to incorporate throwing, Talent retention, conditioning etc from US all the time.

So you have no numbers. That is what I thought.
You have none either. And you made the initial claim that no cricketer can dream of being as athletic as baseball players. So your position is infact,the false one. As i said, the onus is on the one who makes the claim to provide evidence.

bartolo-copy.jpg
Is he an outfielde? he is a pitcher and to generate pace he requires mass.
What a clown!!!:hysterical: Where does he generate pace from, his beer belly?! So going by ur stupendous theory, the fatter a pitcher is the faster he throws!!! So how much does Aroldis Chapman weigh?! What an epic idiot!! And if cricket was stupid enough to take fitness tips from baseball, Dale Steyn would have to weigh 200kgs!!
Similarly in olympics you will see a 100 m guy very muscular but a marathon guy thinner. I am just giving extreme example to clarify.
Which olympic sprinter wighs 120kgs+ or looks like an obese baseball pitcher. Please dont insult athletics by comparing it to baseball!!

bartolo-copy.jpg What a clown!!!:hysterical: Where does he generate pace from, his beer belly?! So going by ur stupendous theory, the fatter a pitcher is the faster he throws!!! So how much does Aroldis Chapman weigh?! What an epic idiot!! And if cricket was stupid enough to take fitness tips from baseball, Dale Steyn would have to weigh 200kgs!! Which olympic sprinter wighs 120kgs+ or looks like an obese baseball pitcher. Please dont insult athletics by comparing it to baseball!!
The whole body is in play. Dale Steyn involves running. He does not have to weigh that much.

No it is not currently.Fielding standards have improved drastically even in sc countries.There is little between sides like nz,sa,aus with india,srilanka catching up.

I think New Zealand are better fielding side and Australian players remain unfit half the time so I am not sure how it's working out and they were good fielders even before this coach. the guys like ponting were great fielders till retirement they just have high standards that's it and every side now a days is catching up and I feel sides like New Zealand are even better

I think New Zealand are better fielding side and Australian players remain unfit half the time so I am not sure how it's working out and they were good fielders even before this coach. the guys like ponting were great fielders till retirement they just have high standards that's it and every side now a days is catching up and I feel sides like New Zealand are even better
South Africans have produced some amazing fielders over the years as well. Even in West Indies they have some dynamic fielders like Bravo, Pollard. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-zJyOsnvrU]Dwayne Bravo's Spectacular catch - YouTube[/ame]

South Africans have produced some amazing fielders over the years as well. Even in West Indies they have some dynamic fielders like Bravo, Pollard.
Ofcourse but currently New Zealand have perfect team fieldin wise while South Africa do have people like tsotsobe and tahir and even morkel is little slow but look and kiwi bowlers :cantstop:

Is it photoshopped or the jump was high. 6 ft > 2ft. q.e.d
Really!?!? Assuming that you are suggesting that Pagan's jump was 6 ft, as compared to Jadeja's 2 ft. If yes, then you are definitely either totally blind or completely dumb. If not, my bad, may be you can clarify the specific element of that jump - which we are failing to notice. The boundary wall that Pagan jumped besides, does not look higher than 10ft. That guy looks like about 6`- 6`4". and looks to have caught the ball about 1 ft above the wall. His arms would be about 3' and the glove gives about another 6" of reach. Do simple math, and you can see he jumped about 2'-3` off the ground, at best. Go to any school playground, every other kid is doing that at the age of 8-10.