Sri Lanka tour of England & Ireland 2014

indians making fun of lankans using a method to get a batsman out named after and invented by an INDIAN oh the irony :hysterical:
Jayawardene said he wouldn't have even appealed. "I don't play like that," he said. #irony :giggle::giggle::giggle:
No' date=' he did not. He was just writing a book titled "I don't play like that" on the ground while the rest others were busy appealing for Butler run out.[/quote'] he made those comments when he was the captain of the team. not sure what ur point is? do u think he should have overruled and challenged what mathews said to the umpire?

I would have hailed if he had turned down the appeal. What is there to hail especially when this was against the spirit of the game. The law states, he can be dismissed if he is trying to steal a run. But from the video on CI, he was just ambling across without any intent. Chucker Senanayake was cheating here. 6zgvjC9WUCs Remember this..How SL fans cried when NZ dismissed Murali for returning to congratulate whingakarra. Did you hail the spirit of the game even then?

he made those comments when he was the captain of the team. not sure what ur point is? do u think he should have overruled and challenged what mathews said to the umpire?
Lets start with a press conference. "I don't agree with Mathews and I unconditionally apologize for the appeal. I don't play like that".
:hysterical: this is not india where players fix games and then undermine captains.
no this is sri lanka where players like Sanga give lectures on the spirit of cricket and then end up appealing like they have just received a direct order from Budha that they will attain moksha only if they appeal as loudly as a coconut has fallen on their balls. I personally think what that chucker Senanayake did was right. However this holier than thou attitude has to change. If one thing which emerges from all of this is that every side needs to play hard ball with SL. From changing captains to avoid fines to faking the result of tosses, dont give SL an inch. This reminds me of the time that sangakara laid into Younis khan for not walking for an edge. Then in the recent test series did the same. I personally dont have a problem with all this stuff. But enough of this occupying the high moral ground. Dont make this statements such as "i wont do it" etc etc. Just accept given the situation you will do it and thats the end of that.