India tour of Bangladesh, June 2014

India tour of Bangladesh, June 2014  

1. 1.

• uthappa
    • raina
    • rahane
    • no one

Maybe batsman were not taking too many chances against him. Would you rather have 8 outs or a subpar score form opposition. I will go for low score any time all the time. I just checked the economy rate and @ 6.23 he is better than all you listed.
lol your theory would work in case we have 4 Harbhajans playing together.Realistically that doesnt happen.Teams play him out and then freely attack lesser bowlers leading to a big score Wicket takers are anyday better as they remove main batsmen and reduce the batting strength of the opposition significantly.I'd rather have a bowler give 15 to Maxwell in 5 deliveries and get him out on the last then giving him 6 runs and leaving lesser bowlers at his mercy
lol your theory would work in case we have 4 Harbhajans playing together.Realistically that doesnt happen.Teams play him out and then freely attack lesser bowlers leading to a big score Wicket takers are anyday better as they remove main batsmen and reduce the batting strength of the opposition significantly.I'd rather have a bowler give 15 to Maxwell in 5 deliveries and get him out on the last then giving him 6 runs and leaving lesser bowlers at his mercy
You consider Malinga a lesser bowler?

Guys one thing for sure...senior or youth we need to sort our opening problem. I just have no hope with Dhawan - Rohit opening for us in World Cup or even in upcoming overseas tours. Make no mistake they will turn into Bradman and Sobers against BD but little bit of swing they will be back to mediocre. I don't follow domestic cricket much, any good young openers around?

Both Yuvraj and Harbhajan are phenomenal right now. They are outperforming lot of others. I was against Yuvraj playing the final against SL but now he deserves a chance.
LOL no way Harbhajan should be back. We must select a leg spinner to accompany Ashwin. In IPL we have seen quality leg spinners..might pick someone from there. My personal choice is Mishra.
LOL no way Harbhajan should be back. We must select a leg spinner to accompany Ashwin. In IPL we have seen quality leg spinners..might pick someone from there. My personal choice is Mishra.
Not if the leg spinner is no good. Why is Ashwin place set in stone?
Read my list and Jadhav is under performing. Ranji averages are mirage. they don't translate to next level.
Most Indian greats tend to agree that Ranji along with Duleep Trophy is a platform for Int. cricket; I concur. Whereas you merely rate them based on their recent IPL performances.
Most Indian greats tend to agree that Ranji along with Duleep Trophy is a platform for Int. cricket; I concur. Whereas you merely rate them based on their recent IPL performances.
Duleep I agree, ranji is meaningless. IPL comes close to the best comparison and your boy is not doing good compared to other experienced ones. His time will come but not this year though. Ranji numbers are very skewed.
Duleep I agree' date=' ranji is meaningless. IPL comes close to the best comparison and your boy is not doing good compared to other experienced ones. His time will come but not this year though. Ranji numbers are very skewed.[/quote'] Your reasoning falls flat because Jadhav has done exceedingly well in this IPL actually despite the stupid DD team sending him at the end where you just have to go for runs. 14*, 28*, 29*, 26*, 37 were some of his scores at a strike rate of over 160 or even 200 in some cases. Seeing as how you are putting so much importance on IPL, he should be in the side over other senior batsmen. He also has a fantastic FC, List A record. There's no reason why he shouldnt be picked for Indian side actually.
Duleep I agree' date=' ranji is meaningless. IPL comes close to the best comparison and your boy is not doing good compared to other experienced ones. His time will come but not this year though. Ranji numbers are very skewed.[/quote'] So you meant to say that Kohli, Raina shouldn't be picked in the squad with as per IPL stats

Jadhav has been exceptional in last domestic season and in the limited opportunities he got in ipl he has played well. Yuvraj was average in last domestic season and has only 2 very good innings in ipl. As of now Jadhav is way ahead of Yuvraj in the pecking order. The only tempting factor for yuvraj is IF he is in supreme form, he can single handedly win you the worldcup (even in australia) which you cannot expect from jadhav coz he would have played only a handfull of odis by the time we play next worldcup.

What form is Sehwag in??!! He doesnt even last long enough on the crease and had a mediocre domestic season. To top all this he's almost 36, fielding is gone downhill and doesn't bowl any more. Lets opt for some youngster at the top who have been performing.
He scored 72 off 50 balls and got out in the 15th over, he could've scored a century. He is scoring 30+ in every match. He is decent enough to be a opener or middle bat in LOI's. He still has to perform domestically to earn a place in Tests, but he is good in 50 overs and 20 overs.

Yuvraj has played a few good knocks in domestic cricket and even international cricket in the past before having a string of failures. Case in point, the 70-odd scores in the T20Is against Pakistan and Australia before failing miserably in the ODI series, the good knocks he played in domestic cricket just before returning to the 2014 World T20 where he played only one significant innings in an inconsequential match. It's happened too often and it's time we don't get swayed by a few good knocks. It's time someone else gets a chance because who knows, they might be able to deliver on a more consistent basis, and we'd do with some consistency right now rather than one good knock in 10-12 innings. We've got the talent, let's not waste it while they're still good.

Yuvraj has played a few good knocks in domestic cricket and even international cricket in the past before having a string of failures. Case in point' date=' the 70-odd scores in the T20Is against Pakistan and Australia before failing miserably in the ODI series, the good knocks he played in domestic cricket just before returning to the 2014 World T20 where he played only one significant innings in an inconsequential match. It's happened too often and it's time we don't get swayed by a few good knocks. It's time someone else gets a chance because who knows, they might be able to deliver on a more consistent basis, and we'd do with some consistency right now rather than one good knock in 10-12 innings. We've got the talent, let's not waste it while they're still good.[/quote'] No problem, but the deserving person needs to get a chance. Problem is that this is a first big platform for Jadhav and he is not shining. Move him up the order and let us see.