Exit Polls

Tiger80

Well all the pollsters suggesting a clear cut majority. I don't know how realistic it is. But the kind of wave Modi has created for himself is astonishing. Yesterday NDTV clarified that BJP getting 40% vote share in a 4 way battle can mean BJP going up to more than 60 seats which is unbelievable. However I still feel more than 45 in UP is highly unrealistic unless there is some tsunami which has driven the BJP across the stream to victory. Another important graph yesterday was the consolidation of Yadav and Muslim votes in Bihar in favour of the Congress-RJD alliance. These are massive signals that BJP might not get as many seats are projected. So my pick would still be 250-260 for NDA although I might not be surprised if NDA gets 272+, but my estimate would be in the 250-260 range. But someone suggesting 190-210 for NDA is really high on weed or may be some really desperate measures from closet Congress supporters not wanting BJP to win. When you say 190-210 for NDA, do you say the Congress is getting more than 160-170? Mr Sachingod seems to be in complete denial.

BJP are an overconfident bunch. Should wait till 16th before announcing their victory. Opinion polls are not always correct. Although NDA will form the government even if it falls short of 272 but such things cannot be vouched for. They need to calm down and wait till the counting is over. This is way too overconfident here it seems. But then the leader is overconfident himself so cant blame the party...

BJP will look stupid if they are shown preparing laddus :hehe: just after the exit polls. I think parties know by now that they are close to victory. I don;t think they were ready with laddus in 2004 or 2009.
Not only have they ordered thousands of Kgs of laddus but victory processions have been planned along with fire cracker, dhol nagadas etc in Delhi, Mumbai, various parts of Gujarat and some other states.

BJP will look stupid if they are shown preparing laddus :hehe: just after the exit polls. I think parties know by now that they are close to victory. I don;t think they were ready with laddus in 2004 or 2009.
04 and 09 were really close, but this time exit polls are in only one direction. Still I think its a little premature from BJP

04 and 09 were really close' date=' but this time exit polls are in only one direction. Still I think its a little premature from BJP[/quote'] I dont know why all news channel bring up 2009 exit poll as being inaccurate. No exit poll in 2009 or even opinion poll for that matter predicted for a BJP+ victory. Although they didn't predict Congress led UPA for a majority, they certainly weren't as inaccurate as 2004.

too many concerned posts here.chillax guys!! keep ur mind clear,no need to be pessimistic or overtly optimistic.we'll know the results in another 16 hours,everything will go according to our wishes.this election was very different compared to the last 2.change is inevitable :two_thumbs_up:

@TodaysChanakya #TCExitPoll Delhi (7 Seats) #BJP 7 ± 1 Seats #AAP 0 ± 1 Seats #TCExitPoll Chandigarh (1 Seat) #BJP 1 Seat #TCExitPoll Chhattisgarh (11 Seats) #BJP 10 ± 2 Seats #Congress 1 ± 1 Seats #TCExitPoll Goa (2 Seats) #BJP 2 ± 1 Seats #Congress 0 ± 1 Seats #TCExitPoll Gujarat (26 Seats) #BJP 26 ± 3 Seats #Congress 0 ± 3 Seats #TCExitPoll Haryana (10 Seats) #BJP+ 8 ± 2 Seats #Congress 1 ± 1 Seats #INLD 1 ± 1 Seats ---------- Imo, this is the best opinion poll agency.
they even got the state breakdown almost accurate