****Maharashtra Assembly Elections 2014 Thread***

G_B_

Without them the BJP is toast.
Toast is a harsh word. The BJP were always on a firm footing in Viderbha. Fair to say the BJP would have got about 70 seats without Modi. The groundwork for Viderbha was laid by Gadkari (after trying for many years). They won 44 seats in Viderbha. I am confident they would have won as many without Modi. That battle was won a long time ago. Even before lok sabha elections 2014. The RSS also needs to be credited for that. Gains in Western Maha Mumbai region and Northern Mahrashtra were all down to Modi. These add up to about 50 seats. From their tally in 2009. Western Maharashtra especially is solely down to Modi.
The greatest political leaders have been the one who goverened with the propper command structure.Take out Modi and Khadse/Gadkari anyone else wont win 50 seats for BJP.Its Modi which is driving the BJP and so he will call the shots.
Again. nobody is challenging Modi. I am a backer of Modi. But do we really want to go back to the days of I Gandhi? Where the party did not matter at all? I am sure there is a common middle ground.
The election is happening and people are voting for one personality,MODI.Take him out and BJP will be less than half of what they are.And people must follow the party line and unlike Sonia and Rahul who are not big vote drawers but will issue diktats,Modi and Shah are the main vote drawers of BJP and hence they command respect and their writ runs.
Modi has established BJP in Maha as the premium party. Nobody is disputing that. But surely you want a local mass leader to emerge from Maharashtra who can deliver the state to the BJP without any interference from national politicians? You want another Gopinath Munde right? Or do you want BJP Maharashtra to be always reliant on Modi and Shah to campaign for them? Surely as a BJP supporter you want a mass leader to emerge in every state? That means taking the plunge and not going to for the safe, no political base option. If it was upto me I would have gone for Sudhir Mungantiiwar. 52 years old. Been with the BJP was 30 plus years. Is backed by Gadkari and the Viderbha faction. In lieu of Gadkari he was the natural choice.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Uddhav-Thackeray-asks-party-leaders-not-to-attend-Devendra-Fadnaviss-oath-ceremony/articleshow/44983226.cms WHat's happening? I thought SS supporting BJP with some ministry allocated to them was a done deal. No? Could be a minority government.
NCP has already declared that they would abstain from voting in assembly. So BJP doesnt need support of Shivsena.

so turns out NCP wants 2 ministries in the central government of Narendra Modi in turn for supporting the BJP in maharashtra from the outside...... Interesting times these.... you got to hand it to Pawar. How to win despite losing is an art. I hate the mothertrucker but he is like a cat with 9 lives. On the other hand -Sena wants deputy CM and 10 ministers (5 cabinet and 5 state) or 12 ministers (6 cabinet and 6 state) The choice is the BJP's to make...... Both the NCP and the Sena have sensed the weakness of Fadnavis. This is why it was important to have Gadkari or a Gadkari faction in there while appointing Punkaja munde to a high profile ministry. Gadkari would have sorted both the sena and ncp out. Fadnavis would have been acceptable if the BJP had a solid majority. As things stand he is always going to be prone to series of rebellions from the Munde and Gadkari factions. Not to mention Khadse who is pissed that he did not even get the home ministry.

My 2 cents IMO the Sena is asking a bit too much. While the BJP should prefer the Sena as an ally for a stable government the max they should be willing to offer is 8 ministerial berths (4 cabinet and 4 state). In a 28 person government. It should be 8 sena 16 BJP and 4 to the allies who stuck it with the BJP and got nothing to show for it. The 2:1 ratio is fair considering the sena has 63 and the BJP 121 (1 MLA passed away) If the sena does not agree to that then the BJP should risk it and take support of the NCP even it it means offering them 2 ministries in the Modi cabinet. Also, Devendra Fadvanis cannot hog all the key portfolios. Punkaja Munde has got a **** portfolio as had Vinod Tawde. In a party which does not have full majority you want to keep people happy. Hogging home ministry in addition to being CM is in poor taste.