The Wall strikes back

I'm glad they dropped him, it'll only make him better. Time and again you will see he is truly professional in his approach. You wouldn't hear a comment from him about why he quit the captaincy or doesn't talk about his past record or say anything about his form. All he does is lets his bat do all the talking. I haven't another Indian so focussed. Whether he will stage a grand comeback or not he is one of the rare ones that never rests on his laurel.

I dont know wht the fuss is abt in this thread...who doubted him in longer version? I am sure selectors havent rested him for tests and they cant. He is dropped from the odis and rightly so. There is lot of talented guys knocking on the door who got fresh legs and are super fielder as well and in the plans for the future worldcup. I really hope that Dravid is not selected for odis but only play tests.

I dont know wht the fuss is abt in this thread...who doubted him in longer version? I am sure selectors havent rested him for tests and they cant. He is dropped from the odis and rightly so. There is lot of talented guys knocking on the door who got fresh legs and are super fielder as well and in the plans for the future worldcup. I really hope that Dravid is not selected for odis but only play tests.
Don't you worry - RD will be back for the 3rd ODI. Our selectors are not logical - they pick ODI team on test form and vice-versa for tests. Personally, I hope they pick him and rest SRG or SRT. Only 2 (at most) of the seniors should play together. IF we are 2-0 up then we should rest both the seniors and see what the young guns can do in ODI 3 & 4.
If you can't appreciate our threads or our views you open a new thread and mention there your non stop rantings. Leave this thread alone. What's your bloody problem we appreciate his knock in this thread? It's getting irritating these similar posts by the same poster in every blood thread.

You think RD will do well against Pak and OZ in the upcoming tests Ravi? Like Dhondy mentioned during the test series in England, I too feel that his peak has come and gone and the vintage wall is not coming back. And god I hope he does something about the incoming deliveries!

You think RD will do well against Pak and OZ in the upcoming tests Ravi? Like Dhondy mentioned during the test series in England, I too feel that his peak has come and gone and the vintage wall is not coming back. And god I hope he does something about the incoming deliveries!
Dravid is not Tendulkar or Lara Gambo. He is far more methodical and has a rigid approach. Such ones don't really continue to fail for too long. Did Gavaskar or Boycott have extended low times? Every international player goes through a lull and Rahul has had one or two in the recent times. All he needed was a break. From what I can see he has lost none of his methodical approach. I can bet my bottom dollar he's going to play a lot of crucial innings in the next couple of years and retire on a high. He's been out to some really good deliveries and at times umpires haven't been kind to him. He needed one big knock to realize his confidence back. Not with standing the double hundred was in a domestic game, he will have revisited the art of staying at the crease for long.
Dravid is not Tendulkar or Lara Gambo. He is far more methodical and has a rigid approach. Such ones don't really continue to fail for too long. Did Gavaskar or Boycott have extended low times? Every international player goes through a lull and Rahul has had one or two in the recent times. All he needed was a break. From what I can see he has lost none of his methodical approach. I can bet my bottom dollar he's going to play a lot of crucial innings in the next couple of years and retire on a high. He's been out to some really good deliveries and at times umpires haven't been kind to him. He needed one big knock to realize his confidence back. Not with standing the double hundred was in a domestic game' date=' he will have revisited the art of staying at the crease for long.[/quote'] Given you've observed the Indian team at close quarters a few times, would you say RD is more methodical than Sachin in his pregame planning and approach? I've heard that SRT puts in enormous planning before games and plans almost everything(ironing out weaknesses etc) down to a T. I hope you are right about RD. Hope to see more SRT-RD p'ships (the most 100+ p'ship ever by a pair IIRC) in the upcoming series'! :top:
Given you've observed the Indian team at close quarters a few times, would you say RD is more methodical than Sachin in his pregame planning and approach? I've heard that SRT puts in enormous planning before games and plans almost everything(ironing out weaknesses etc) down to a T. I hope you are right about RD. Hope to see more SRT-RD p'ships (the most 100+ p'ship ever by a pair IIRC) in the upcoming series'! :top:
It's quite a difficult question to be honest. I've seen Tendulkar getting upset by even a little noise in the background when he was facing up to Agarkar in the nets and was beaten. It almost felt as if he was offended having beaten couple of times. He takes a lot of pride in his batting even in the nets. He seems at a little ease when he's bowling and I reckon when he's batting in the nets he's far too focussed. I can't quite say the same about Lara. I've seen him just go out there and blast the bowlers. He seemed to have fair bit of fun in the trainings. As for Rahul, all he does in the nets is play straight and not hit any extravagant shots. Nothing is driven gloriously or with power. He just seemed to work through out the batting session on getting his timing right. Anything on the stumps is delicately hit through the legs, anything outside off is left unharmed and anything on the stumps is defended with full face of the bat. Even net bowlers weren't treated any differently. Rahul Dravid works at his weakness or strengths one on one rather than at nets from what I know. It may have changed over the years but that is something I was told. I was present in one of the net sessions where Harbhajan was taken to cleaners by Tendulkar. He was hitting the Indian bowlers so ferociously one of them (I won't name here) was saying he'll have no confidence whatsoever in the upcoming game after that treatment by Tendulkar :D
If you can't appreciate our threads or our views you open a new thread and mention there your non stop rantings. Leave this thread alone. What's your bloody problem we appreciate his knock in this thread? It's getting irritating these similar posts by the same poster in every blood thread.
Suck it up like man. Its an open forum. You can appreciate his knock but when someone suggests that his double ton in a longer form of domestic cricket is a slap in the face of selectors for not selecting him in odis, thats where my opinion comes in cuz that defies the logic. and my posts will be less irritating to you IF YOU CAN UDNERSTAND THAT THERE ARE PPL WITH DIFF OPINION THAN YOURS WHICH DOESNT MAKE THEM A GOOD OR BAD PERSON..JUST TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT AND REMEMBER THIS IS A FORUM TO DISCUSS CRICKET AND MAYBE YOU WILL FIND MY POSTS LESS IRRITATING. FOR NOW I WILL CONTINUE CUZ ITS GOOD THAT RAHUL DRAVID GOT DROPPED FROM ODIS. SELECTORS ARE LISTENING TO PEOPLE LIKE ME AND NOT LIKE YOU SO I GUESS I GOT SOMETHING GOING. CHEERS
Suck it up like man. Its an open forum. You can appreciate his knock but when someone suggests that his double ton in a longer form of domestic cricket is a slap in the face of selectors for not selecting him in odis, thats where my opinion comes in cuz that defies the logic. and my posts will be less irritating to you IF YOU CAN UDNERSTAND THAT THERE ARE PPL WITH DIFF OPINION THAN YOURS WHICH DOESNT MAKE THEM A GOOD OR BAD PERSON..JUST TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT AND REMEMBER THIS IS A FORUM TO DISCUSS CRICKET AND MAYBE YOU WILL FIND MY POSTS LESS IRRITATING. FOR NOW I WILL CONTINUE CUZ ITS GOOD THAT RAHUL DRAVID GOT DROPPED FROM ODIS. SELECTORS ARE LISTENING TO PEOPLE LIKE ME AND NOT LIKE YOU SO I GUESS I GOT SOMETHING GOING. CHEERS
U started all the fuss big baby... scroll back n see..