Tendulkar turns down captaincy

beetle

http://www.cricketnext.com/news/tendulkar-declines-to-lead-india-in-tests/27771-13.html from the article
Sources told CNN-IBN that Sachin spoke to the selectors and stated his reluctance to become the captain for a third time. The post of Indian captain has been vacant now for about seven weeks since Rahul Dravid stepped down after India’s tour of England. Tendulkar had been Dravid’s deputy during the Test series in Bangladesh and England. However, the batsman did an about turn on his decision in a letter to BCCI President Sharad Pawar, saying that the selection policies are not just, and the seniors have not been treated properly, hinting at Dravid’s exclusion from the One-Day side.
dont know how much of above is true if it is then what was with all this rumours of tendli and gangu ganging up on dravid
Good call there from Tendulkar. For the first since WC 2007' date=' has done something to command my respect. I hope they offer it to Dhoni. It would be backward move, if they make one of the oldies again captain again.[/quote'] It's unreasonable to expect your wicketkeeper to captain in tests on a long term baiss.
It's unreasonable to expect your wicketkeeper to captain in tests on a long term baiss.
Gilly lost the Australian captaincy by a close margin. Age factor rather than wicket keeping worked against him. I still remember the days, when Parthiv Patel was touted as our future cappo. So its not like wicket keeping is a disqualifier for test captaincy. As it is we are starved of good players. The ones that are good arent consistent. The ones that are good and consistent, arent so in both forms of the game, which pretty much narrows down our choice to one or two youngster. Dhoni to me, appears to enjoy this responsibility, rather than bogged down by it & has shown in the ODI variety that it doesnt impact his performance too much. His morale is very high at the moment and we are playing a weak Pak team at home. This is the best time to try him.
Gilly lost the Australian captaincy by a close margin. Age factor rather than wicket keeping worked against him. I still remember the days, when Parthiv Patel was touted as our future cappo. So its not like wicket keeping is a disqualifier for test captaincy. As it is we are starved of good players. The ones that are good arent consistent. The ones that are good and consistent, arent so in both forms of the game, which pretty much narrows down our choice to one or two youngster. Dhoni to me, appears to enjoy this responsibility, rather than bogged down by it & has shown in the ODI variety that it doesnt impact his performance too much. His morale is very high at the moment and we are playing a weak Pak team at home. This is the best time to try him.
Gilchrist has openly said that long term captaincy along with wicketkeeping is extremely challenging and something he never strived for nor wanted. Moreover, the Australian selectors are smart enough to know that such an arrangement is too tough to achieve on a long term basis. Why is it a requirement to have same captain in tests and ODIs. Laxman and Kumble are ideal choices for now in that order.

I'm astonished that so many people are vouching for Dhoni. He has 20 matches and 32 test innings behind him, is doing a terrific job in the one day format of the game and is now being asked to push himself to the limit by captaining, behind the stumps, for potentially five consecutive days time and time again. It strikes me as startlingly obvious that Dhoni should be phased into the test captaincy once he has generated experience in his present role. Meanwhile Sachin was the perfect choice. Now the selectors have a touch choice to make