195-5 off of 14.4 - This looked and sounds unreal

Jersey #10

Do you honestly think players are going to be involved in fixing after what happened last year? I don't know if you're a RR fan who can't believe you lost last night or you're a neutral who actually believes it was fixed' date=' but to accuse the kind of players that were playing for both sides last night of fixing is ridiculous and is also an insult to the effort the players put into winning the game last night.[/quote'] Umm, yes, that's exactly what I think is the most likely explanation. To say that "they couldn't be spot fixing because the same team was caught for it last year" is an absurd and groundless claim. The problem is that so many spot-fixing scandals have affected cricket, that it's hard to look at a result like this and not feel as if something is a little bit off. If other teams were involved, maybe I wouldn't think twice, but here's a team with a history of rogue players and a team owned by a man with more money than god. It's not just about this match, either. It's about the circumstances surrounding the last week's worth of matches. A whole lot of things had to go perfectly for Mumbai to qualify--and every single one of them happened. I found this article that was written BEFORE the match even took place: http://www.merinews.com/article/rajasthan-royal-vs-mumbai-indians-on-25-may-a-fixed-match-in-ipl/15897921.shtml Now it's all completely circumstantial evidence. I'm not saying there was 100% a fix going on, but as soon as I saw those last 5 overs, I thought to myself "something is up here." It's the way the game ended, the questionable lineup decisions for RR over the last 3 games, their history of fixing, the reports of McCullum & Morkel being approached, etc, etc. All I'm saying is the whole situation is suspect and you would have to be an incredibly naive person to stick your head in the sand and be completely unwilling to accept the notion that something here is off.

Umm' date=' yes, that's exactly what I think is the most likely explanation. To say that "they couldn't be spot fixing because the same team was caught for it last year" is an absurd and groundless claim.[/quote'] It isn't in the least. The spot-fixing scandal got very serious last year to the point that it reached to the Supreme Court who are not cutting any slack for the BCCI. The players involved have gotten banned from all cricket. Monitoring of players' activities has gotten stricter after last year. Even if one has to accept the idea that players will be involved in spot-fixing in the IPL again, it's not going to happen anytime soon simply because of the fear that was created over the spot-fixing controversy last year. No player, especially international players, wants to put their career in jeopardy.

Only idiots who have never entered a playing ground will say this match was fixed. What exactly was fixed in this ?? That Falku bowl full tosses to batsmen. Not even the greatest batsman in the world can be 100% certain to hit a boundary in the last bowl leave alone a batsmen of the stature of Tare. Dumb people. If every thing is fixed' date=' why the **** are you idiots following it and whining here. Stop following cricket and whining :mad:[/quote'] He got pumped up wen he was told "Tare Zameen Par"

1. Rajasthan scored a massive 195. If the bookies were fixing this, I think they would've been mighty upset with the batsmen getting that score because even with poor bowling it's very difficult to score this amount of runs in 14.3 overs. Only Watson's innings stands out as being poor. 2. Were there any no balls or dropped catches? Not that I saw. 3. That outfield was lightning fast, and while the boundaries weren't particularly small, they weren't large either. 4. While Faulkner bowled very poorly, the guy looked like he was about to cry. If he was fixing, I think he deserves an Oscar for that acting.

Talk about "absurd and groundless claims". Yeesh. :facepalm: Maybe you just need to accept the fact that things can happen in this game, especially in this format. It's been proven enough times already. This constant unfounded doubting of any game that ends in a close finish is only going to affect your enjoyment in a game.
If you'd read the rest of my post, you would have seen me say that everything I said is circumstantial, so I'm not really sure of your point. What part of what you quoted is not true? Have RR not had rogue players in the past? Are MI not owned by the richest man in India? All I'm saying is when you put all of the pieces together, I don't see how you ignore the possibility that something shady happened here. When it walks, swims, and quacks like a duck...then maybe it's a duck. Maybe everything that happened was legit. I don't have all the facts so I can't draw a conclusion either way. I'm just responding to all those folks with their heads in the sand, unwilling to even accept the possibility that the match was tarnished. For what it's worth, I couldn't care less either way. I watch the IPL to be entertained and this match entertained the hell out of me. I will keep watching as long as I don't know what is going to happen.

what is happening to bowling and bowlers?? we're gonna run out of future bowlers if this torture on bowlers go on. whats funny was that faulker bowled 2 leg side full tosses and both were hit for sixes.... definitely fishy.
I never saw you guys crying when teams were getting bundled out for less than 100 scores. Its not like 190s are chased in 15 overs regularly. It was an exception. When batsmen gets bundled out cheaply then everybody starts singing praises about the bowler and how batsmen did not "apply" themselves. On the other hand when bowlers go for plenty, its always the pitch or conditions. Hypocrites :yousuck:

RR lost all 3 last matches as expected....to allow rcb or MI....actually it was fixed to allow rcb in playoff and in final at banglore but RCB messed it against kkr then to compensate that MI was needed at wankhede for playoff

I lost on stupid Delhi..can the educated folks who know it all ( with precision and accuracy) on who lost to whom with what intentions - so I can recover some I assume you know some good bookies..unless you tell the tale after the match is done.

RR lost all 3 last matches as expected....to allow rcb or MI....actually it was fixed to allow rcb in playoff and in final at banglore but RCB messed it against kkr then to compensate that MI was needed at wankhede for playoff
fecker If u had told this beforehand we would have made money by betting, useless jit :poink: Now tell who is going to win IPL final...No maybe baby.. I want answers.. India wants answers :hitler:

fecker If u had told this beforehand we would have made money by betting, useless jit :poink: Now tell who is going to win IPL final...No maybe baby.. I want answers.. India wants answers :hitler:
it will be DD :secret: