Modi sarkar economic reforms/governance performance thread

FischerTal

I dont know about local equations but I was in Chennai few months back. The kind of support Amma has, I was convinced that no one can dislodge her. Same is with Didi in Bengal. But most importantly, Kumari M got around 24% of UP vote. The day Akhilesh gets in terms with Kumari, BJP will be routed from UP and hence central. So all this Modi wave and hard work will amount to Nil. KCR and BJD have no friends
I will wait for TN assembly elections. Yes. she should win. But TN have historically not re elected governments. In WB i agree. Left ruled from 1977 to 2011 and I can see didi having a long reign. With regards to BJD he is more leaning towards the BJP and the Congress atm. Cause congress is seen as stronger in his state. KCR as well, cant see him allying with the congress as of now as the Congress is his main opposition in rural areas of Telangana. The BJP has plenty of options in the south. Even in andhra pradesh YSR and TDP both wont mind the BJP.

i think you can say FDI has been the biggest gainer for India. Stuff like inflation and even GDP India got lucky with relation to oil etc. I can say based on personal expirience my parents who have invested in India are getting emails from the government of bjp ruled states and the central government in invest in these schemes. Ie there seems to a big push to attract more capital to India. Did not seem to happen with the last government. IMO If Modi government manages to push through major reforms in the coming months then its similar to sowing in April and harvesting in Ocotober. These reforms are going to pay major dividends in a few years time.

I do believe 33% of Indians live under the BJP at some sort of state level rule (or NDA) One of the reasons why GST is being pushed through is cause states like GUj or Maha ie producing states are under BJP rule. There is a good reason why Amma opposes GST while Trinamool and Kerala like it. This is why UP Bihar the BJP winning is crucial. Put together these states have like 20-25% of Indian population. If the BJP does govern these states then the vision of Modi will run through those states. Thats like more than 50% of Indians live under NDA rule. Even in non BJP ruled states, I am worried about WB. But Orissa TN etc have capable rulers.

swiss are making the names of black money holders public.. supposedly 2 Indians figure in them. wonder who ?
2 names have been revealed . And they are related to a Name revealed in Nov 2012 by an anarchist named Kejriwal . One of the names revealed by Kejriwal in 2012 was Praveen Sawhney of Sawhney Tyers Pvt LTD. LINK The names revealed by Swiss today ? Sangita Sawhney and Sneh Lata Sawhey (Director of Sawhney Tyres Pvt Ltd ) http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/swiss-federal-tax-administration-reveals-names-of-tax-evaders/article7244956.ece

Two women with the name Sangeeta Sawhney and Snehlatha Sawhney. No body has any idea who are they.
Sneh Lata Sawhey used to be the Director of Sawhney Tyres Pvt Ltd One of the names revealed by Kejriwal and IAC in 2012 was Praveen Sawhney of Sawhney Tyers Pvt LTD.

Sneh Lata Sawhey used to be the Director of Sawhney Tyres Pvt Ltd One of the names revealed by Kejriwal and IAC in 2012 was Praveen Sawhney of Sawhney Tyers Pvt LTD.
OK thanks. Hopefully this is just the start and soon we are going to hear more names.

Still dont understand why Indians are so naive about black money in range of few crores to few hundred crore when a single engineer can make over 10,000 crore in bribes dont you guys get it, Previous political establishment may have made in several hundred billion dollars. http://www.news18.com/news/uttar-pradesh/noida-authority-engineer-yadav-singh-has-wealth-rs-10000-crore-faces-cbi-probe-648423.html Under Modi, there hasnt been a single largescale scam in any deal . This money got to come down all the way to people.

0_09482000_1432395469_2b.jpg More disinformation being spread by the PMO ? This is from Business Standard July 2014 : " An increase of nearly 20,000 MW of generation capacity narrowed the country's peak power deficit to 3.7% last month (June) from 6.3% in June 2013, according to an official data " "There has been impressive power generation capacity addition of 19,700 MW in FY'14. This has resulted in the peak deficit coming down significantly to 3.7% from 6.3% in June last year," Debashish Mishra, Senior Director (Consulting), Deloitte, said. So close to 20,000 MW in generation capacity was added in 2013-2014.

0_09482000_1432395469_2b.jpg More disinformation being spread by the PMO ? This is from Business Standard July 2014 : " An increase of nearly 20,000 MW of generation capacity narrowed the country's peak power deficit to 3.7% last month (June) from 6.3% in June 2013, according to an official data " "There has been impressive power generation capacity addition of 19,700 MW in FY'14. This has resulted in the peak deficit coming down significantly to 3.7% from 6.3% in June last year," Debashish Mishra, Senior Director (Consulting), Deloitte, said. So close to 20,000 MW in generation capacity was added in 2013-2014.
I think the Deloitte consultant quoted by BS means 2014-15 when he mentions FY'14. The capacity addition in 2013-2014 was 17,800 MW which was below the target.
... The country missed the capacity addition target for 2013-14. “The capacity addition target for the year 2013-14 was 18,432.3 MW against which a capacity addition target of 17,825.1 MW has been achieved,†the survey said. .......... http://www.thehindu.com/business/Economy/power-production-falls-short-of-target-by-8-billion-units/article6193057.ece

The easing of the coal bottleneck and the excellent idea of clubbing the power and coal ministries under an efficient Piyush Goyal have begun to yield results.

.... For the first time in the country, the annual electricity generation in 2014-15 crossed one thousand Billion Units or one Trillion Units. Power generation during the 2014-15 is 1048.403 BU showing a growth rate of 8.4% over the previous year which is the highest growth rate in the last two decades. Since 1991-92, the Compounded Annual Growth Rate of electricity generation has been around 5 to 6.6%. The biggest contributor was generation from the coal based power stations which recorded an annual growth rate of 12.1%. The generation capacity addition during 2014-15 was 22,566 MW against a target of 17,830 MW, which is the highest ever achievement in a single year. ......... http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=118256

FY14 = 2013-2014 Business Standard and Deloitte consultants don't know their Fiscal Years and their grammatical tenses. :haha: The lies we tell ourselves to sustain our carefully constructed myths . The Hindu is quoting the Pre Budget Survey in 2014 which was tabled in Parliament by the new FM , Mr.Jaitley .