English Premier League Season 2014-2015

bones

What is the expectation? Title or top 4? Utd. are already having to catch up on either.......
This season target should be top 4 with team we have its quite tough aswell Angel De Maria might solve some attacking problems with injecting pace and Defensive reinforcement might be decent but we need some good CM or DM so has improve our link up play between the Defense and attack , Hererra looks promising but we might need another one midfield is area we are struggling they are not providing defense much cover , not making splitting passes or not bombing forward they are quite stagnant

This season target should be top 4 with team we have its quite tough aswell Angel De Maria might solve some attacking problems with injecting pace and Defensive reinforcement might be decent but we need some good CM or DM so has improve our link up play between the Defense and attack , Hererra looks promising but we might need another one midfield is area we are struggling they are not providing defense much cover , not making splitting passes or not bombing forward they are quite stagnant
Top 4 is realistic....Di Maria is not a priority....as you said....cm, dm and at least 2 good cb for me.....

What is the expectation? Title or top 4? Utd. are already having to catch up on either.......
Top 3 tbh.I am confident enough that once van gaal is settled into the league,he'll deliver the results.I remember pelegrini struggling till October last season .we had similar points as city after 12 games IIRC.once settled Pellegrini did well but then manutd's game doesn't look attractive at all,it has lost quite a lot of zip

Top 3 tbh.I am confident enough that once van gaal is settled into the league' date='he'll deliver the results.I remember pelegrini struggling till October last season .we had similar points as city after 12 games IIRC.once settled Pellegrini did well but then manutd's game doesn't look attractive at all,it has lost quite a lot of zip[/quote'] City comparison is a bit moot I'm afraid....Pellegrini had inherited a world class squad that finished 2nd the previous season.....Van Gaal has inherited a completely fractured side that finished 7th.....Utd. have sold the entire core of their defense....Pellegrini had to only establish himself and as you said.....it took him a few months....Van Gaal has to rebuild first along with establishing himself.....you are entitled to be optimistic but I hope you realize the magnitude of the task at hand....

Chhhhhh........ok.......a few questions then...... 1. Who do you think is better, Ferguson or Van Gaal? 2. Do you think that PL is at its competitive peak atm? I definitely do......7 teams vying for top 4.......4 teams good enough to win the title....... 3. How many foreign managers have come from abroad to the PL and ensured a top 4 finish in their first season? Only 3 names spring to mind........Wenger, Mourinho and Pellegrini (Mancini finished 5th in his first half season).....that is his competition......then you have Liverpool, Spurs and Everton to look out for.......3 teams that did a league double on Utd. last season.....so for my second question.......What is it about Van Gaal that convinces you so much? Experience? Remember, this is his first season in England..... 4. Do you honestly think that your defense is CL material? Luke Shaw is 19 and clinically obese......Rojo will need time to settle....... 5. Who is Utd.s midfield general ala Roy Keane? Fletcher? Carrick? Herrera?
Some valid questions- 1) fergie wasn't tactically that good but boy he was a great motivator and a man manager. He got the best out of his players,van gaal is a master tactician and has a reputation of billing up talented players from the youth academy,manutd has great tradition in that sense. I think he will fit in well but can he fill in fergie's shoes?doubt it and OTTOT he has not managed in this league so it'll be very difficult for him to adjust quickly. 2)yes pl is at its peak right now,not of the level during 2004-2009 but still looks strong enough.subject to matter how these clubs perform at the European cup. 3)van gaal is a top manager,proven in la liga,eredevise,bundesliga with cl title and domestic titles but managing in the pl is a different cup of tea,Will be difficult. 4)defense is raw and inexperienced right now but I am happy that the deadwoods like Rio,evra are gone..van gaal trusts these youngsters and thats the way forward..van gaal did say he'll persuade blind to come to OT,so that'll be a good addition.the defense currently is not good but long term planning is important and we need to show faith in them with a couple of additions. 5)we have missed a true leader like Roy and it has hurt us a lot,add to that scholes departure which has aggravated our cm,dk problems..I wished we signed Vidal but now its impossible.

City comparison is a bit moot I'm afraid....Pellegrini had inherited a world class squad that finished 2nd the previous season.....Van Gaal has inherited a completely fractured side that finished 7th.....Utd. have sold the entire core of their defense....Pellegrini had to only establish himself and as you said.....it took him a few months....Van Gaal has to rebuild first along with establishing himself.....you are entitled to be optimistic but I hope you realize the magnitude of the task at hand....
i know but still pellegrini delivered the trophy in his maiden pl season,however strong the squad was but a title win aint granted.van gaal and pellegrini's case are different wrt to what they inherited but coming into an unknown league with title expectation is the similarity. i think u are too skeptical about this united squad,it still has good quality players who are title winners but the major problem from the last season is that they are not playing well as a unit and too many players playing out of position.there is a great deal of chop and change as well but i do believe that we can pip either arsenal or liverpool to claim the 4th position if we play well as a unit(no european competititon as well),so focus should be 100% on the league. of course its too early to predict and united have to fill a lot of cracks!!

Some valid questions- 1) fergie wasn't tactically that good but boy he was a great motivator and a man manager. He got the best out of his players,van gaal is a master tactician and has a reputation of billing up talented players from the youth academy,manutd has great tradition in that sense. I think he will fit in well but can he fill in fergie's shoes?doubt it and OTTOT he has not managed in this league so it'll be very difficult for him to adjust quickly. 2)yes pl is at its peak right now,not of the level during 2004-2009 but still looks strong enough.subject to matter how these clubs perform at the European cup. 3)van gaal is a top manager,proven in la liga,eredevise,bundesliga with cl title and domestic titles but managing in the pl is a different cup of tea,Will be difficult. 4)defense is raw and inexperienced right now but I am happy that the deadwoods like Rio,evra are gone..van gaal trusts these youngsters and thats the way forward..van gaal did say he'll persuade blind to come to OT,so that'll be a good addition.the defense currently is not good but long term planning is important and we need to show faith in them with a couple of additions. 5)we have missed a true leader like Roy and it has hurt us a lot,add to that scholes departure which has aggravated our cm,dk problems..I wished we signed Vidal but now its impossible.
First of.....thanks for being patient enough to read and reply Ok......so we can say......as it stands.......the league is at its most competitive......Utd. currently have good a manager although he is inexperienced in England......Utd. have strengthened but so have their rivals.......however, Utd. still haven't fixed their midfield and defense........Don't you think that there are a fair few factors going against Utd. this season? I think Van Gaal will do well next season......unless he gets hounded out before that.....
i know but still pellegrini delivered the trophy in his maiden pl season,however strong the squad was but a title win aint granted.van gaal and pellegrini's case are different wrt to what they inherited but coming into an unknown league with title expectation is the similarity. i think u are too skeptical about this united squad,it still has good quality players who are title winners but the major problem from the last season is that they are not playing well as a unit and too many players playing out of position.there is a great deal of chop and change as well but i do believe that we can pip either arsenal or liverpool to claim the 4th position if we play well as a unit(no european competititon as well),so focus should be 100% on the league. of course its too early to predict and united have to fill a lot of cracks!!
I'm trying to be as objective as I can really......there are some good players in the squad......but the midfield and defense have major shortcomings...... Also, the mental fortitude under Ferguson is no longer there.......I mean in today's game, Lee Cattermole was dominating Utd.'s midfield......can Van Gaal bring that fortitude back?.....

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Man Utd defense is looking poor. The front line hard back tracks to assist them.
Man u needs a Good DM. They will be ****ed up against teams that counter well with this formation and a *****y defence:popcorn:

Im not convinced byt this formation, Utd dont have enough depth in WB and CM and CB positions. But still, at full strength it could read DDG- Jones, Evans, Rojo - Shaw, Flecther/Di Maria, Herrera, Carrick, Rafael - Mata- Rooney, RVP That is an XI good enough to finish 4 th at leat.. even without AdM if they dont get him. So quite hit by injuries right now