What's the reason K. Jadhav was not given a single game?

For all the guys who have suddenly started hating Rayudu ' date=' hes not that bad ...far from a hack infact [b']hes a far batter batsmen than Jadav or Thiwary , its just that he doesnt fit the requirement at the moment . Had he got a chnace few years earlier there was a good chance he would have probabaly played Tests for us .
On what basis, IPL? Both Jadhav and Tiwary have far better first class and List A records than Rayudu.
Oh I don't know. Probably scoring 1' date=223 runs at an average of 87.35 and a strike rate of 80.30 in the Ranji Trophy this season and having an average of 47.58 with a strike rate of 104.91 in List A cricket has something to do with it.
Yup and Sir Jadeja has 3 300's and Vinay was a wrecking ball as a bowler who won pretty much every thing as a captain this year in domestics...IPL is not a measuring stick but when you see a player in that kind of a stage competing with talent all over the world you can definetely see the difference.
Yup and Sir Jadeja has 3 300's and Vinay was a wrecking ball as a bowler who won pretty much every thing as a captain this year in domestics...IPL is not a measuring stick but when you see a player in that kind of a stage competing with talent all over the world you can definetely see the difference.
He didn't have a bad IPL by any means. He had an average of 29.80 and his strike rate of 147.52 was the highest among all Delhi Daredevils' batsmen. He had an extremely limited role in the team and was sent at No. 6 or 7 with 3 or 4 overs left, which even most experts agree was a nonsensical decision. He did very well initially, staying unbeaten for 4 games in a row, before tapering off in the final few games.
Okay... the point is? Vinay has been given enough chances to prove his mettle in the International arena and he has failed us. Jadeja has so far been mediocre, but still potent in condition favoring spin bowling. Rayudu has been given a fair run an hasn't got much to show for it. Give Jadhav a fair run too...

I don't mind jadhav not getting a chance here. If you look at the team which played rahane got a chance after he had been around the team for sometime, same with tiwary before his debut. Rasool didn't get a chance in Zimbabwe. Pujara also has been traveling with the odi team. Besides he will get enough chances on A tour to do well.

good that he was not picked in 2nd and 3rd matches. would have been a worst pitch for debuting. he will get enough opportunities in australia. i hope he performs well and settle into india middle order before the world cup. he looks like a class player. the dismissing attitude with which he plays some of the strokes reminds me of viv richards.

good that he was not picked in 2nd and 3rd matches. would have been a worst pitch for debuting. he will get enough opportunities in australia. i hope he performs well and settle into india middle order before the world cup. he looks like a class player. the dismissing attitude with which he plays some of the strokes reminds me of viv richards.
Sorry but :hysterical:......wish jadhav nothing but the best but let's not get way ahead of ourselves
He didn't have a bad IPL by any means. He had an average of 29.80 and his strike rate of 147.52 was the highest among all Delhi Daredevils' batsmen. He had an extremely limited role in the team and was sent at No. 6 or 7 with 3 or 4 overs left' date=' which even most experts agree was a nonsensical decision. He did very well initially, staying unbeaten for 4 games in a row, before tapering off in the final few games.[/quote'] Fair enough.....just to get the record straight ,i am not supporting rayudu and he deserves to be replaced which he will once the main players comeback....but is jadhav that guy? Is what is debatable .
but is jadhav that guy? Is what is debatable .
no one has an idea until jadhav plays international matches. especially abroad. maharastra home pitch is very flat. so he might end up as another flat track bully as well. but his performance in last 2 domestic seasons is very promising. especially the way he dominates bowling.
no one has an idea until jadhav plays international matches. especially abroad. maharastra home pitch is very flat. so he might end up as another flat track bully as well.
I've seen Aakash Chopra using that argument on the Cricket India show but in fact of Jadhav's six hundreds in the Ranji Trophy this season, only one has actually come in Pune. The rest have been in away matches.
I've seen Aakash Chopra using that argument on the Cricket India show but in fact of Jadhav's six hundreds in the Ranji Trophy this season' date=' only one has actually come in Pune. The rest have been in away matches.[/quote'] thats good to know. i like his dominating style of batting. hope he can do that at international level as well. even khadiwale, bawne got big numbers, but many people see the patta home pitch as a reason for those big numbers.