Akmal to go home....

beetle

I'd disagree. Most of these folks who are touted as the next BIG stars' date=' dont last beyond an year or two. Look at their openers -- Taufeeq Umar, Imran Nazir for example, or their fast bowling prospects -- Mohd Zahid, Mohd Sami or their MO bats -- Asim Kamal.
Asim Kamal - what happened to him? I thought he will do good.

Thumb injury MY ASS ! At his worst, India still persisted with Dropthiv till the end of the series. I think this is the first time in international cricket history that a keeper has been replaced in the middle of the series. Excellent news for India. The pakistan's team's morale will be down now, we must hammer home the advantage.

Thumb injury MY ASS ! At his worst, India still persisted with Dropthiv till the end of the series. I think this is the first time in international cricket history that a keeper has been replaced in the middle of the series. Excellent news for India. The pakistan's team's morale will be down now, we must hammer home the advantage.
Says a lot about these cons at PCB innit ? These loonies, would bail players out from dope bans, citing injuries, get players out of the squad citing injuries, or bring a player back in a hurry from his ban, when the team starts losing. After all this, they still have the temerity to wax lyrical on their "zero tolerance" policy. PCB & the Pakistani players deserve each other.
MM, Surely not as excellent as if Akmal had stayed on and dropped more catches and scored more single digits:D
Says a lot about these cons at PCB innit ? These loonies, would bail players out from dope bans, citing injuries, get players out of the squad citing injuries, or bring a player back in a hurry from his ban, when the team starts losing. After all this, they still have the temerity to wax lyrical on their "zero tolerance" policy. PCB & the Pakistani players deserve each other.
I think this decision has less to do with the PCB and more to do with the team management. I think the team simply lost patience with Akmal, to the point where his mere presence in the squad was spoiling the entire atmosphere. Surely, after his string of butter-finger performances , there would have been some frayed tempers in the dressing and some cold-faced expressions, to the point where Akmal is not only became a liability cricket-wise, but also team-unity wise.
MM, Surely not as excellent as if Akmal had stayed on and dropped more catches and scored more single digits:D
Its a massive task to drop a player and replace him with a youngster in the middle of the series. Pak will feel the effects of this move.
I think this decision has less to do with the PCB and more to do with the team management. I think the team simply lost patience with Akmal, to the point where his mere presence in the squad was spoiling the entire atmosphere. Surely, after his string of butter-finger performances , there would have been some frayed tempers in the dressing and some cold-faced expressions, to the point where Akmal is not only became a liability cricket-wise, but also team-unity wise.
But the point I was making is simple. Its illegal to boot a player out of the squad and fly in a replacement because of non-performance. Thats part of the risk you take while picking the squad. If the team management is unhappy with Akmal they should ask Younis Khan to keep, not cite thumb injury as a reason to fly in a replacement. PCB afterall, will bless all such nonsense because it benefits them.
But the point I was making is simple. Its illegal to boot a player out of the squad and fly in a replacement because of non-performance. Thats part of the risk you take while picking the squad. If the team management is unhappy with Akmal they should ask Younis Khan to keep' date=' not cite thumb injury as a reason to fly in a replacement. PCB afterall, will bless all such nonsense because it benefits them.[/quote'] True , its just unbelievable they kicked him out of the squad like this, in the middle of the tour. At the worst, they could have played him just as an opener and see if that had any effect on his performance. But only God knows how much lesser India would have made had Akmal hung on to the ganguly chance in the first ball of the match . Ind were 67/0 after 10. They should have 40/2 , IMO , considering how much assistance the pitch was giving.
He was sent home due to an understanding between the team and the player, so that he could go find some form. Not like in this case , when Pak have just kicked Akmal out.
MM, "Understanding between team and player"? I think Pathan was devastated. All this "understanding" was media tidbits.
MM, "Understanding between team and player"? I think Pathan was devastated. All this "understanding" was media tidbits.
No , i had read somewhere that Rahul had spoken personally with Irfan saying that he was sent back home for him to get his form back. Still, i agree ,that would have been devastating too.