I don't know who is Sachin Tendulkar : Maria Sharapova

BlueBee

How many years has Sharapova played in Australia and U.K again??? Also how many people on a % of Global population watch cricket over Ice Hockey? SRT gets VIP treatment at WImbledon every time he visits, ok benefit of doubt that he was never on centre court for a Sharapova game so she may have not come across,but there is something called google,If a guy is getting VIP treatment in WImbledon centre court,first instinct would be to google him rather than making ignorant and dumb statements. Hell I just googled the name of the guys you posted just to respond to a random post on the internet.
So what.. :hysterical: She has to worry only about Tennis not other sports, UK politics, UK movie industry. She is a model and athlete. Just because Tendulkar plays cricket in Australia and SA he knows about rugby players there? :haha:

So what.. :hysterical: She has to worry only about Tennis not other sports' date=' UK politics, UK movie industry. She is a model and athlete. [b']Just because Tendulkar plays cricket in Australia and SA he knows about rugby players there? :haha:
I am sure there is a 99% chance,he would have atleast heard the name of their most famous Rugby player .

I am sure there is a 99% chance' date='he would have atleast heard the name of their most famous Rugby player .[/quote'] How are you so sure :cantstop: Just because he is quiet you cannot assume he knows about them. Let us say if he doesn't know about them.. you call him ignorant?

How are you so sure :cantstop: Just because he is quiet you cannot assume he knows about them. Let us say if he doesn't know about them.. you call him ignorant?
Yes I would in a heartbeat. After all these years of visting their country,if he didn't know who their sporting icon in their most popular sport is then definetely. I have watched maybe 1 or 2 games of NHL in my life and that too when the blackhawks made the playoffs because I was with colleagues,......but even prior to watching an NHL game in my life,I knew who Wayne Gretzky was,didn't know what his in-game accomplishments were but definetely knew he was the most famous Ice Hockey player in the world

How many years has Sharapova played in Australia and U.K again??? Also how many people on a % of Global population watch cricket over Ice Hockey? SRT gets VIP treatment at WImbledon every time he visits, ok benefit of doubt that he was never on centre court for a Sharapova game so she may have not come across,but there is something called google,If a guy is getting VIP treatment in WImbledon centre court,first instinct would be to google him rather than making ignorant and dumb statements. Hell I just googled the name of the guys you posted just to respond to a random post on the internet.
Sharapova plays in multiple countries. I doubt she has the time or inclination to research each country's favorite sport and eminent personalities within said sport and memorize their names so she can regurgitate them for the benefit of others. Doesnt make her dumb or ignorant. She is Russian-American and appears to know these two countries well enough.

Yes I would in a heartbeat. After all these years of visting their country,if he didn't know who their sporting icon in their most popular sport is then definetely. I have watched maybe 1 or 2 games of NHL in my life and that too when the blackhawks made the playoffs because I was with colleagues,......but even prior to watching an NHL game in my life,I knew who Wayne Gretzky was,didn't know what his in-game accomplishments were but definetely knew he was the most famous Ice Hockey player in the world
Actually calling them dumb is dumber. I live in a baseball crazy town. Infact for the past 10 years. They talk about the players in every shop, Barber shop to grocery store. I don't know many of them. I simply don't care to know about them as i hate that sports. But i follow football, basketball, cricket, Tennis. I know the players there. You don't have to know about players from sports you don't follow. What is the point?

Sharapova plays in multiple countries. I doubt she has the time or inclination to research each country's favorite sport and eminent personalities within said sport and memorize their names so she can regurgitate them for the benefit of others. Doesnt make her dumb or ignorant. She is Russian-American and appears to know these two countries well enough.
:haha: Ya.. she has to know about all the sports that are going on in that country during a grandslam preparation instead of practicing and relaxing watching a movie or listening to a song . Maniac has taken trolling to a new level.

Maniac looks really hurt.
Ofcourse,Most Urban Indians know Lebron James,Michael Phelps,Floyd Mayweather Jr or have heard of names like Wayne Gretzky but despite having almost 1/3rd of world's population,if a sporting Icon who is adored by lots and lots of Indians(Mostly for her looks than her talent) says she doesn't know the biggest sporting icon in India then that would actually qualify her for dumb in my book.Yes As an Indian I feel insulted.

Ofcourse' date='Most Urban Indians know Lebron James,Michael Phelps,Floyd Mayweather Jr or have heard of names like Wayne Gretzky but despite having almost 1/3rd of world's population,if a sporting Icon who is adored by lots and lots of Indians(Mostly for her looks than her talent) says she doesn't know the biggest sporting icon in India then that would actually qualify her for dumb in my book.Yes As an Indian I feel insulted.[/quote'] honestly your rants wont make her care abt you or sachin any more than she already does whic his Zilch. She is known world over and for good reason while sachin is known in cricket playing countries and for good reason. Do you think Messi or Ronaldo know Tendulkar either?

Ofcourse' date='[b']Most Urban Indians know Lebron James,Michael Phelps,Floyd Mayweather Jr or have heard of names like Wayne Gretzky but despite having almost 1/3rd of world's population,if a sporting Icon who is adored by lots and lots of Indians(Mostly for her looks than her talent) says she doesn't know the biggest sporting icon in India then that would actually qualify her for dumb in my book.Yes As an Indian I feel insulted.
No. Most Urban Indians haven't heard of Rohan Boppana or Sunil Chettri and here you are talking of LeBron or Phelps etc.

ALso nothing personal against Maria,Just the ignorance of some people is condascending to me as an Indian......compare that to Indians who try to memorize every tactical American Football move and seem to know statistics of these sports that India doesn't even participate in leave alone knowing their sporting icons is hurtful.

Ofcourse' date='Most Urban Indians know Lebron James,Michael Phelps,Floyd Mayweather Jr or have heard of names like Wayne Gretzky but despite having almost 1/3rd of world's population,if a sporting Icon who is adored by lots and lots of Indians(Mostly for her looks than her talent) says she doesn't know the biggest sporting icon in India then that would actually qualify her for dumb in my book.Yes As an Indian I feel insulted.[/quote'] Insecurity written all over :haha:

No. Most Urban Indians haven't heard of Rohan Boppana or Sunil Chettri and here you are talking of LeBron or Phelps etc.
This might be off topic but Not sure about Lucknow,but in the 90's growing up in Mumbai I used to see people selling Posters of Michael Jordan on the streets and youngsters buying them like hot cakes.