Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

5 hours ago, ABDfan said:

TBH PSL speed guns seem pretty accurate as most of the bowlers clocking similar speeds in International matches. Shaheen and Rauf clocked very similar speeds in t20 world cup to that of PSL 6. BBL speedguns usually show exaggerated speeds and the speed guns at IPL 2019 were too showing higher speeds, someone like wood would've broken 100 miles barrier on those speedguns

Yup i agree. Rauf and shaheen turn up tje heat on international speed guns and tournaments, saw Dahani doing the same in international cricket, so will Naseem who is bowling as quick as anyone. 

54 minutes ago, ABDfan said:

Wood is easily quickest of the three. Rabada bowled 154+ in that Ipl but in internationals his top speed was 150kph.Similarly Shami, Stokes, Prasid and most of the bowlers were clocking 3-5 kph higher than their usual speeds

Agree with this, after watching Prasidh bowl in Southafrica at 82-84 mph and Rabada and wood over the last couple of years. 

14 minutes ago, ABDfan said:

Lol what a lame excuse 

Lame ? Deflecting again. Think about their careers. Would you give your heart and soul for ipl money or do it for free for WC t20. Money matters Lel. Gtfo. 

Indian players were just tired from ipl and bowlers in particular were fatigued from long series in England plus IPL. 

Anyway no one gives a **** about t20 brah except average teams like Pakistan and toygers etc. 

15 minutes ago, the don said:

Yup i agree. Rauf and shaheen turn up tje heat on international speed guns and tournaments, saw Dahani doing the same in international cricket, so will Naseem who is bowling as quick as anyone. 

Rauf is only one who can constantly bowl above 90mph...  Shaheen although quick but bowls in low 140's most of the time.  Not in express pace category. Still a class act.  

Rauf is genuinely express.  Naseem is slower than Hasnain at least when Hasnain used to be quick. 

Hasnain didn't bowl too fast in BBL..  More like Naseem's speeds. 

1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

Rauf is only one who can constantly bowl above 90mph...  Shaheen although quick but bowls in low 140's most of the time.  Not in express pace category. Still a class act.  

Rauf is genuinely express.  Naseem is slower than Hasnain at least when Hasnain used to be quick. 

Hasnain didn't bowl too fast in BBL..  More like Naseem's speeds. 

Naseem is not slower than Hasnain. Never was. Hasnain has the ability to hit a higher top speed when his action clicks for him. Naseem is quicker on average when fit. 

Hasnain was pretty quick in the bbl.. Hitting a high speed of 155kph.

Just now, the don said:

Naseem is not slower than Hasnain. Never was. Hasnain has the ability to hit a higher top speed when his action clicks for him. Naseem is quicker on average when fit. 

Hasnain was pretty quick in the bbl.. Hitting a high speed of 155kph.

Hasnain when arrived was much quicker than Naseem..  I have seen him clock above 150kph multiple times in CPL.  Even in England before WC 19 he bowled 148/149 kph range. 

Naseem never bowled at those speeds in Int'l level.  Maybe on PSL speed guns.  But he was slow in NZ test series last time he played test cricket. 

31 minutes ago, Jay said:

Lame ? Deflecting again. Think about their careers. Would you give your heart and soul for ipl money or do it for free for WC t20. Money matters Lel. Gtfo. 

Indian players were just tired from ipl and bowlers in particular were fatigued from long series in England plus IPL. 

Anyway no one gives a **** about t20 brah except average teams like Pakistan and toygers etc. 

Stark does , markwood does they preferred playing in wc t20 over ipl. Can you name a single bowler who ditched wct20 for ipl

29 minutes ago, ABDfan said:

Stark does , markwood does they preferred playing in wc t20 over ipl. Can you name a single bowler who ditched wct20 for ipl

Indian players don't. Starc doesn't even play ipl. Wood skipped most games in ipl last time. Foreign players aren't as loyal. Indian players will always want to excel in ipl due to high pay mate. 

Foreign players especially Aussie and pommy players are already well paid by their cricket boards. Australia pays 1- 3 million for their A grade test cricketers per season. Plus bonuses for winning series away from home. 

England pays in pounds. 1 Mil plus per year. 

18 minutes ago, Jay said:

Indian players don't. Starc doesn't even play ipl. Wood skipped most games in ipl last time. Foreign players aren't as loyal. Indian players will always want to excel in ipl due to high pay mate. 

Foreign players especially Aussie and pommy players are already well paid by their cricket boards. Australia pays 1- 3 million for their A grade test cricketers per season. Plus bonuses for winning series away from home. 

England pays in pounds. 1 Mil plus per year. 

Have you forgotten the t20i series India played in Nz and Aus bumrah and shami both played in those two series both were part of t20 wc 2021

Edited by ABDfan
1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Hasnain when arrived was much quicker than Naseem..  I have seen him clock above 150kph multiple times in CPL.  Even in England before WC 19 he bowled 148/149 kph range. 

Naseem never bowled at those speeds in Int'l level.  Maybe on PSL speed guns.  But he was slow in NZ test series last time he played test cricket. 

Naseem has never played a limited overs game for Pakistan. 

In test cricket even if we include his tour of newzealand where he was playing with an injury he is in the top 5 fastest bowlers in terms of average pace in the last three or four years. 

As his body matures now he will be more consistent. His speed is natural. He bowls effortlessly over 140 kph in all formats. 

48 minutes ago, ABDfan said:

Have you forgotten the t20i series India played in Nz and Aus bumrah and shami both played in those two series both were part of t20 wc 2021

they played IPL before it. IPL is more important to them. they only played bilaterals cause bcci demands india to put butts on seats to generate bigger crowds. so they select marquee players regardless of their form, fitness levels and workload. 

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

they played IPL before it. IPL is more important to them. they only played bilaterals cause bcci demands india to put butts on seats to generate bigger crowds. so they select marquee players regardless of their form, fitness levels and workload. 

How can you say that as these two series were played abroad i don't think bcci had any thing to do with crow in those two series

29 minutes ago, ABDfan said:

How can you say that as these two series were played abroad i don't think bcci had any thing to do with crow in those two series

big names brings more eyes. not just through stadium. online. streams. digital viewership. 

1 minute ago, Jay said:

big names brings more eyes. not just through stadium. online. streams. digital viewership. 

I think major chunk of revenue went to hosting boards not BCCI plus if a player is not interested in playing t20is he can take retirement from t20is.Having said that my view point still holds true as almost all superstars were playing T20 WC except Root(did not get selected) last year

3 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Dont read much from that nz series. Naseem was coming a week after battling with covid. These athletes are humans too. 

I agree with the poster above, hasnain has hit a higher peak speed but naseem bowls quicker on average. He is just a better athlete and a better bowler overall.