Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Dravid has the stature to counter it, but my idea about him has changed a lot during his coaching stint.  He looks like a very meek person who lacks either the aggression to win big matches or the resolve to counter quota picks. Just likes the "safe" brand of line and length trundlers and finger spinners. 

Rather Dravid is the one who is driving all these changes. He is not meek, trust me. This is just public perception about him. He likes to experiment a lot only at the cost of few of his selected bakras whom he will sacrifice for his experiments.

3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Rather Dravid is the one who is driving all these changes. He is not meek, trust me. This is just public perception about him. He likes to experiment a lot only at the cost of few of his selected bakras whom he will sacrifice for his experiments.

By meek I mean having a mind that thinks that " Safe " bowling options of Slow-medium pacers and finger spinners will somehow win big matches.  He seeks comfort in the batting ability and perceived low ER of his bowlers and not their wicket taking ability.

He does not understand the need to play an aggressive brand of cricket and accepts quota picks suggested by big BCCI officials.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

" Dalal " Gavaskar was saying that Unadkat is bowling at around 135 k when the fastest I saw was 132 k. Most of his balls were around 127 k to 132 k. Even if he bowled an odd 135 k ball that I missed, that can't be called 135 k bowling.

But Dalal Saab is really talking up this quota pick in every way.

Mumbai ka laal 

Gavaskar  The"laal"

Edited by Suhaan

Speed ranges till lunch

Umesh      133 k to 139 k ( 142 k after lunch )

Siraj           132 k to 138 k

Unadkat    127 k to 132 k

Everyone trundling. And it is not because of trying to swing the ball, because what we saw was pacers going for seam movement.

Not seen a single ball at 140 k till lunch 

This team culture is not supporting bowling quick. The instruction probably is to just bowl line and length and forget pace. 

Edited by express bowling
20 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Want Unadkat to bowl against the Aussie or English batsmen on flat tracks.

He will meet the Vinay Kumar fate then. 

They won't play him against strong teams. They will probably bring in a young fast bowler like Umran and throw him in the trash can after the match if he goes for a few runs with some old Indian commentator in the background saying gems like "faster they come, faster they go to the boundary" "line and length matters the most" etc etc.

Yeah the only silver lining will be Unadkat getting smacked so that he’s not there for the next series. 
But what’s more likely is him somehow getting a few cheap wickets later on and being carried over in the next series LOL. They won’t drop a player like him who satisfies all their fetishes even with a semi good performance haha.

Dont feel like switching on the tv for this trash. But might if I see more boundaries :phehe:

9 minutes ago, MK55 said:

Yeah the only silver lining will be Unadkat getting smacked so that he’s not there for the next series. 
But what’s more likely is him somehow getting a few cheap wickets later on and being carried over in the next series LOL. They won’t drop a player like him who satisfies all their fetishes even with a semi good performance haha.

Dont feel like switching on the tv for this trash. But might if I see more boundaries :phehe:

Unfortunately he has gotten some well deserved wickets (not cheap ones) and has bowled brilliantly. Excellent comeback. :hatsoff: