Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

23 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I wish he was bigger - size is everything, yes? should aim to get to the rana-type physique, like a tank :P

Harshit Rana has a big bulging tummy from side.

He is strong but physique wise not so good.

Umesh had the best physique for Indian quicks...Yudhvir, Hangargekar are also strong and has good physique.

40 minutes ago, tapandrun said:

Sears (NZ) - Is he in any IPL team, bowled few sharp overs against Aus in test , consistently in 140 kmph and then few balls in 145 kmph.

Also looks like Pathirana (Sl) has gained some pace consistently 145 kmph + and lot of balls ~150 kmph

Pathirama has always been rapid 140 to 150

Sears is quick

138 to 145 pace

5 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Pitch started as a green, later turned into a flat pitch with lot of bounce.

Mukesh bowled well with new ball, as soon as conditions flattened he became useless.

Kuldeep Sen tore through Saurashtra with old ball in first inns and then absolutely crushed second inns and took a 5fer. Was bowling fast and with bounce. Got the wicket of Pujara in both inns courtesy of his pace and disconcerting bounce.

https://www.cricbuzz.com/live-cricket-scorecard/52834/saur-vs-roi-irani-cup-irani-cup-2022

i guess thats the type of bowler he is, needs lots of bounce from the pitch .And then he is injury prone .

47 minutes ago, MediumPacer said:

wow saw in the other thread harshal patel is now the captain of punjab,i think he is the first indian pacer to captain an ipl team.

Bhuvaneshwar captained for SRH for few games.

I think Zak also captained Delhi Daredevils.

51 minutes ago, MediumPacer said:

he is not much quicker than mukesh is he ,mukesh has clocked 130-140 ,so he is a lbit quicker than him.

Mukesh is 127-135 in Tests...Akash was 135-142.

Mukesh can hit 140 like Harshal, Arshdeep in T20 as an effort ball, but Akashdeep is more consistent with his pace due to his rhythmic action. 

1 hour ago, MediumPacer said:

i guess thats the type of bowler he is, needs lots of bounce from the pitch .And then he is injury prone .

Every fast bowler who bowls with effort gets injured. It's upto the board to provide them proper injury mgmt, something which NCA isn't known for.

Sen is actually a good bowler. It's pity that his best days are often messed due to poor injury mgmt. He is wayy better than Avesh Khan type bowlers who are a fixed fixture in Indian cricket team.

Edited by singhvivek141
31 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Yes, I have never seen Mukesh hitting 140 in Tests..fastest I saw was 138-139. Akashdeep's fastest was around 144.

Mukesh slips 1/2 faster ones in early 140s-Usually in sub 140s in whiteball not sure of test, Akash bowled consistently in 140s for 7 overs.

He was bowling at/around same speeds in IPL as well, think 144 kmph was his fastest

Edited by tapandrun
9 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Harshit Rana has a big bulging tummy from side.

He is strong but physique wise not so good.

Umesh had the best physique for Indian quicks...Yudhvir, Hangargekar are also strong and has good physique.

didn't see that tummy in the past. sad if he already acquired one

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

Saw atleast 4 deliveries at 143 k+ by Akash.

And he is likely to touch higher speeds if he becomes secure about his position and plays more games.

he had one at close to 145. if you bowl him on Oz pitches and speed guns, and give him some confidence, he could even edge close to 150. more importantly, he also has control, hits the pitch hard, gets some movement, etc

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

he had one at close to 145. if you bowl him on Oz pitches and speed guns, and give him some confidence, he could even edge close to 150. more importantly, he also has control, hits the pitch hard, gets some movement, etc

150 kmph is no easy thing, it will be great if he can operate at same pace for longterm, he got serious zip in that test, should have played next one.

If that kind of zip is natural to him not pitch dependent thing then he will be handfull in SENA. 

1 hour ago, tapandrun said:

150 kmph is no easy thing, it will be great if he can operate at same pace for longterm, he got serious zip in that test, should have played next one.

If that kind of zip is natural to him not pitch dependent thing then he will be handfull in SENA. 

I didn't say that he can hit 150 regularly. he might be able to hit a top speed of 148 or so on favorable pitches and speed guns.

54 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I didn't say that he can hit 150 regularly. he might be able to hit a top speed of 148 or so on favorable pitches and speed guns.

Australia tske highest reading possible to inflate speeds so players get a mental boost. 

We do the opposite

15 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Mukesh is 127-135 in Tests...Akash was 135-142.

Mukesh can hit 140 like Harshal, Arshdeep in T20 as an effort ball, but Akashdeep is more consistent with his pace due to his rhythmic action. 

So he is a bit quicker, not much though.

Posted (edited)

Difference in 6 kph to 7 kph in release speeds is a big difference in speeds. The fastest I have seen Mukesh bowl in a test match is 138 k while Akashdeep was averaging 139 k in his deadly spell. 

Plus Akasdeep gets more zip off the deck and hurries batters all the time which Mukesh doesn't.

Plus Akashdeep is taller, hits the deck  harder and gets more bounce. 

Edited by express bowling