Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

What did I say ... The continuous short ball strategy by Aaron produces a dolly catch. Rahane drops it. Why did Dhoni, with his gloves, not go for it ? It is the norm for the keeper to go for it.
Yup we have 2 fast bowlers who have to operate as fast bowlers bowl bouncers and off full ball,run ate comes down as well as chance to get wickets.we are using them as medium pacers to bowl line and length its not their role.
i do not think umesh should bowl more than occasional bouncer but aaron should go for it is not like he iwll get much swing in these conditions nayway but umesh should actually try to bowl full and swing and occasionally bowl bouncers when nothing is happening
In most conditions I would agree with what you have said. But not here in the Gabba. Here there is very little swing available ... there is steep bounce ..... hence all 3 Umesh's wickets have come from short balls. Same applies to most of Indian bstsmen's wickets.
In most conditions I would agree with what you have said. But not here in the Gabba. Here there is very little swing available ... there is steep bounce ..... hence all 3 Umesh's wickets have come from short balls. Same applies to most of Indian bstsmen's wickets.
i know but he stil has to hit length nd get extra bounce there i do not think he is kind of bowler who will bowl bouncers accurately enough and that is why i want aaron to do that his action suits it more umesh will always gets some kind of movement on any track or extra bounce from length as u can see with marsh wicket

Yadav to Smith, no run, good ball! It's back of a length on a fourth-stump line, and he gets it to straighten and produce the outside edge. Smith played quite close to his body, with soft hands, and it dropped short of second slip there were few others ..he always gets something out no matter the track and the dismissal extra bounce from length Yadav to SE Marsh, OUT, taken! That was back of a length, angled across and it bounced extra. Marsh went at it with an angled bat and it flew over first slip's head and Ashwin timed his jump perfectly and grabbed it two-handed, over his head

Yadav to Smith, no run, good ball! It's back of a length on a fourth-stump line, and he gets it to straighten and produce the outside edge. Smith played quite close to his body, with soft hands, and it dropped short of second slip there were few others ..he always gets something out no matter the track and the dismissal extra bounce from length Yadav to SE Marsh, OUT, taken! That was back of a length, angled across and it bounced extra. Marsh went at it with an angled bat and it flew over first slip's head and Ashwin timed his jump perfectly and grabbed it two-handed, over his head
well done Ashwin too !!
Aaron bowled well but still lacked consistency.Umesh was our best bowler whereas Ishant was crap We need to get the RR down and bore Smith.Playing too freely now. Missing Bhuvi for such role :((
Aaron needs to get his act right, get more consistent. Sometimes, was trying too much. He wont get a long rope like Ishant. :nervous:
I was talking about short as well as short of good length deliveries with extra bounce. Not just bouncers. No point in pitching the ball up consistently here unless the ball starts reversing.