Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 hour ago, the don said:

Nortje average speed 140 kph. 

Shaheen afridi average speed 141 kph. 

Rabada average speed 134 kph so far. 

I repeat once again that Shaheen afridi is now as quick as anyone in world cricket. 

He bowled well. But not one of the quickest in the world. At times he bowls mid 140's, but more often than not he is in the 135-140 range.

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

This pitch is too slow and low and catches are not carrying to the slips.

The main mode of dismissal here could have been stump directed quick balls at 140 k+ with some at 145 k+ 

But our pacers have bowled too many balls that are not hitting the stumps and too many balls below 140 k.

They were showing a graphic that only 3 balls out of 36 or 42 balls by pacers with 2nd new ball were hitting the stumps.

And we have not seen any bouncer barrage strategy with fielders in the deep either.

In my opinion, the fault was not getting past the bat as much. Whatever I saw in the match, when not trying to indip the ball to the batsman, Bumrah was bowling further than 5th stump on the off side. He should have tried making the batsman play. So, not the pace as much for me, as much as the strategy of getting past the edge. Ishant was better in terms of coming close to the batsman. Although, I have not seen the graph. 

Bouncer on this pitch may not work because not only is there no zip off the surface, the ball seems to die down after pitching. On the 3rd and 4th day, this will get worse. So, theres less possibility of effective bouncers by Indian bowlers IMO. 

If Archer can generate natural bounce, he can be successful. 

11 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Beautiful bowling by Bumrah. Amazing inwards shape. But the pitch is failing him

When you have the worlds best fast bowler at your disposal, you make a dead pitch! Amazing strategy!

India has the best fast bowlers in the world nowadays.

But we cannot give them a decent pitch 

What a shame. !!