Tailunt is slotted to play at Rose Bowl?

We have only 2 back up batsman Rohit and Gambhir-Like it or not one is an opener the other is a middle order player-Connect the dots
My question do we need Rohit to bat them out. Tell me what exactly we scoerd in the first two tests.. including greenest of the greenest Lords. What was the contribution from Rohit there.
Binny was in as a batsman-Dhoni himself said we dont have a seam bowling allrounder in the presentation ceremony :giggle:
So why hes being removed for a batsmen after just 2 Tests specially when he saved us one from a dangerous position and impressed most experts? plus he did bowl a little bit and did okay in bits.Not his fault Dhoni didnt bowl him more
What if we completely out bat their bowling to the ground and mentally disintegrate them to self implode. Also I am not against having Aaron in the side....can be at expense of Binny/Shami
Yes let us out-bat them with an extra seamer in our side.
With No Swann or any credible spinner' date=' once you see off the new ball it is all easy for anyone to score runs.[/quote'] The openers should play out the first 15 and lay the platform for Pujara and possibly Kohli. Virat getting back into form is only going to ruffle the Poms more. I don't think either of Anderson or Broad will play in Manchester. If we are lucky enough to win the toss this time, it will be a double win for us.
My question do we need Rohit to bat them out. Tell me what exactly we scoerd in the first two tests.. including greenest of the greenest Lords. What was the contribution from Rohit there.
Ofcourse he was on the bench as a backup and as I have already said rightfully so behind in the pecking order. But the fact he is in the squad because he has a good average has a decent start to his career and obviously he taboo words here that sends most icfr's in to a hissy fit-talent and potential. So which means he is the next best batsman by default if a) there is an injury or loss of form to one of the players b)In a scenario where we would play the extra batsman. So what is the problem again?
Ofcourse he was on the bench as a backup and as I have already said rightfully so behind in the pecking order. But the fact he is in the squad because he has a good average has a decent start to his career and obviously he taboo words here that sends most icfr's in to a hissy fit-talent and potential. So which means he is the next best batsman by default if a) there is an injury or loss of form to one of the players b)In a scenario where we would play the extra batsman. So what is the problem again?
That is debatable. At this point i rate Bhuvan above him in terms of technique :cantstop:
So why hes being removed for a batsmen after just 2 Tests specially when he saved us one from a dangerous position and impressed most experts? plus he did bowl a little bit and did okay in bits.Not his fault Dhoni didnt bowl him more
I agree sympathies for anyone in Binny's position.Harsh for being dumped like that after just 2 games BUT That would apply for someone who worked hard all his life...toiled in the domestics to get there and than had a couple of bad decisions against him but not someone who entered through the backdoor with a recommendation letter. We Indians sure are a forgiving lot . Also if he has been picked as a batsman,there are 3 in the squad and probably 30 back home better than him
you seem to be confused.First you said Binny played as a batsman and now removing him for Rohit would give us an extra batsman?:blink:
I agree sympathies for anyone in Binny's position.Harsh for being dumped like that after just 2 games BUT That would apply for someone who worked hard all his life...toiled in the domestics to get there and than had a couple of bad decisions against him but not someone who entered through the backdoor with a resignation letter. We Indians sure are a forgiving lot . Also if he has been picked as a batsman,there are 3 in the squad and probably 30 back home better than him
Dhoni's poor captaincy was mainly the reason why Binny is shown in bad light. Though i am not his fan. using him after 45th over for a qhile and after 70th over.. hardly the measure of his true contribution. If he picked him as a batsman why did Dhoni send him 8 or 7 instead of 6.. So he picked him as a bowler and did not give him a bowl. Blame Dhoni.
you seem to be confused.First you said Binny played as a batsman and now removing him for Rohit would give us an extra batsman?:blink:
Binny got into a side as an allrounder....batting at 8 means he was a bowling allrounder and he did not bowl...so how was he a batsman??? If indeed he was a batsman what were his credentials compared to Gambhir,Rohit and Ashwin as a batsman. WHich means he was wasting a slot which should go to a genuine bowler or a batsman
Problem is we can't afford to hang back after a win by rolling back to the old combination when this new one did just well for us. Most might argue Binny did not bowl and the other 3 seamers did the job for us, similarly, our batsmen worked their bowlers out without an extra batsman in the XI. Having an extra seamer will only minimize our common problem of not being able to fetch 20 wicket in SA & NZ. How is Rohit's additions going to make it any better? He may or may not contribute, but batting is not where our problem lies. We piled up those runs without any support from Virat whatsoever!
Problem is we can't afford to hang back after a win by rolling back to the old combination when this previous one did just well for us. Most might argue Binny did not bowl and the other 3 seamers did the job for us, similarly, our batsmen worked their bowlers out without an extra batsman in the XI. Having an extra seamer will only minimize our common problem of not being able to fetch 20 wicket in SA & NZ. How is Rohit's additions going to make it any better? He may or may not contribute, but batting is not where our problem lies.
I am not saying play Rohit at any cost....If it is a Green pitch-3seamers and a spinner to hold the fort is good enough and we need an extra batsman to get some runs when the ball is old. Or if it assists bowling pick Ashwin/Aaron based on the track....I think Aaron should be picked regardless over Shami.
I agree sympathies for anyone in Binny's position.Harsh for being dumped like that after just 2 games BUT That would apply for someone who worked hard all his life...toiled in the domestics to get there and than had a couple of bad decisions against him but not someone who entered through the backdoor with a resignation letter. We Indians sure are a forgiving lot . Also if he has been picked as a batsman,there are 3 in the squad and probably 30 back home better than him
Binny averaged 50+ in last 3 FC seasons.29 with the ball.plus we know Roger Binny did not take part in his selection.So how do you know for sure he sneaked in through back door?Just coz his dad is a selector? I am not saying hes in as a batsman.You are.I am just saying Dhoni should have bowled him more:--D Also if you do well in one of 2 Tests,he should got more chanced.Only reasons for change should be injury or different team combo,which according to you means picking another bowler:--D
I am not saying play Rohit at any cost....If it is a Green pitch-3seamers and a spinner to hold the fort is good enough and we need an extra batsman to get some runs when the ball is old. Or if it assists bowling pick Ashwin/Aaron based on the track....I think Aaron should be picked regardless over Shami.
Pitch will be at the worst for the batsman* in the first 2 days and generally get better and quiet easy to bat on as it progresses in Rose Bowl as the stats show. We need the arsenal to bowl them out in the 2nd innings. *worst as in not as bad as Lord's Day 1.
But others have established record overseas. All have got 100s. Rohit barely survived .So onus was on him to show hsi mettle.
True, He Does Take His Place For Guarantied. He Should Had Done More Too Secure His Place, In The End Binny Deserved A Shot More Than Him . But Also Our Other BackUps Didn't Get Much Practise Either Ashwin , Gambo Etc.