Pakistanis should stack up on DVDs and tapes of Wasim, Imran, Waqar, etc

Predator_05

The current generation of p aki cricketers is nowhere near the level of their previous teams. I see no young talent coming through, no change in their side whatsoever. They have become like India in the 1990's - dependent on two players to win matches for them. The same old rabble keeps being recycled over and over again. Do pakistani supporters feel comfortable knowing that Shoaib Malik and Salman Butt will become their "premier" batsmen in a few years once Yoosef starts to falter ? These guys would get a hernia trying to carry the batting lineup, simply because they aren't good enough. Certainly not test standard. Butt only scores against India, but other teams have dealt with him easily The bowling attack is the Shoaib Akhtar show - if he fires, they have a chance. If not, fat chance of them winning matches against the best teams. Gul is a good bowler, bowls well in patches but he isn't good enough to lead the line. Asif is quite a find and will step into Shoaib's shoes but it will still be a one man bowling attack. Let's face it - those three will never play together. Pakistan's bowling reserves look barren beyond those three. Tanvir will stifle a few with his weird action, but like Paul Adams was, he too will be figured out. The rest are just mediocre - Rao, Arafat, etc. won't trouble the best batsmen. I'd even go as far as to say they are crap. A new generation of Pakistani supporters will know nothing but defeat at the hands of India, relying on youtube and their chachajee's tapes of Wasim, Waqar, and Imran to reaffirm their faith in the dying creature that is the Pakistani cricket team. Yes, the outlook for p aki cricket looks quite bleak...embrace your past and beware of your future.

Good post Pred :hysterical: The only genuinely talented Pak cricketers I can see lasting the distance are Butt, Asif* and Akmal. I think Akmal will be drafted into the side as a genuine bat once more vacancies start to open up in their lineup. I think Akmal will be a decent bat once the gloves are taken off him and the horrors of keeping stop to haunt him. Pak fans will become experts at history and nostalgia. :hysterical: Heck, they'll watch Wasim,Waqar and even Sami videos so much they will practically unwittingly memorise the youtube links. :laugh: * - you all know what this asterisk represents.

For the first time in my life' date=' I feel sorry for Pakistan.[/quote'] yeah me too.. usually i get pumped over indian win against Pak.. but this time i can only feel sorry for them.. cuz they jus dont have the fight in them.. they surrender meekly.. i really pity their players.... god save their cocky fans...

They are going through a bad phase but dont rule them out. Most major cricket playing nation - Australia and West Indies included - have underwent that phase. Remains to be seen if Pakistan goes Australia route or West Indies route. I would think it could very well be the former considering the amount of support cricket has in Pakistan vis a vis West Indies. I personally would want to see a strong Pakistan outfit. As it is cricket right now is heavily one-sided, as one-sided as it has ever been in history perhaps with Australia beating every single team with ease. We need a strong England, Pakistan teams.

They are going through a bad phase but dont rule them out. Most major cricket playing nation - Australia and West Indies included - have underwent that phase. Remains to be seen if Pakistan goes Australia route or West Indies route. I would think it could very well be the former considering the amount of support cricket has in Pakistan vis a vis West Indies. I personally would want to see a strong Pakistan outfit. As it is cricket right now is heavily one-sided, as one-sided as it has ever been in history perhaps with Australia beating every single team with ease. We need a strong England, Pakistan teams.
Pakistan cricket has always excelled inspite of their system all these years, primarily because of their enviable and steady supply of talunt. No reforms from PCB can fix their cricket's mess right now. They have to scout for the Pathans who play in every gully of Pakistan.
Good post Pred :hysterical: The only genuinely talented Pak cricketers I can see lasting the distance are Butt, Asif* and Akmal. I think Akmal will be drafted into the side as a genuine bat once more vacancies start to open up in their lineup. I think Akmal will be a decent bat once the gloves are taken off him and the horrors of keeping stop to haunt him. Pak fans will become experts at history and nostalgia. :hysterical: Heck, they'll watch Wasim,Waqar and even Sami videos so much they will practically unwittingly memorise the youtube links. :laugh: * - you all know what this asterisk represents.
add to that Yousuf, Afridi, Shaoib and Younis(although i don't consider him that big of talent) and you have the tools to do well as international team. They just need to change the menality and play the fearless cricket that they use to.
add to that Yousuf' date=' Afridi, Shaoib and Younis(although i don't consider him that big of talent) and you have the tools to do well as international team. They just need to change the menality and play the fearless cricket that they use to.[/quote'] What do you opine has gone so horribly wrong for Pakistan MP?

Asif, Younis & Yousuf will last the distance. Afridi will always be a border line player, when he's about to be dropped because of his batting, he'll take a 3fer. When he is about to be dropped for his bowling, he's score a 50. Shoaib will succumb to injury in an year Gul wont make a name, but will play. Butt will exactly last 6 months. He will be lost in the wilderness, after the Pak-Aus series. Akmal will go in & out of the side like the rest of the lineup.

I used to be feel great when we used to beat them on a consistent basis especially after WC 2k3 but i guess i do feel a little sorry for them. I still enjoy it but not like I used to. One of the major problems is the PCB circus. Plus wrong role-models - Shoaib Akhtar Intelligent bowler though, have to admit. Does know where to bowl to which batsmen. but still a cheat (the biggest chucker there ever was, druggie, ball temperer etc) nonethless. - Shahid Afridi I think players like Afridi have been a curse for Pakistani cricket. After the adulation of 37 ball 100, every aspiring cricketer in Pakistan wants to be Afridi, everybody including general public wants their players to hit sixes all the time. - Mohammed Asif Had a decent enough start to his international career (and we all now know why - yes thats correct... naanrolls) Players like Asim Kamal with sound technique etc are sidelined and loosers like Afridis and Nazirs gets picked for almost every match.. even for test matches.