Jennifer Lawrence, Mary Elizabeth Winstead hacked: How safe are your cloud photos and data? |Note :Don't post links of nude leaked pictures

vvvslaxman

I just tried on android and read whole process it said there on their help page there are 2 ways to set it up either 1 by SMS other by this app which works when u only access google from phone basically works only for device it's installed on and even offline While SMS works for computer or any device in world you use
I'm not even sure what you're saying. In 2FA, you need to have a code apart from the username/password to access your account. This code can be obtained in three ways 1 - SMS 2 - Voice Call 3 - Mobile App In each of these three instances, you need to tell the phone identifier - a phone number OR a mobile operating system. You can login to a Google account across devices (web, tablet, phone) using any of these 2FA token generation methods.

I'm not even sure what you're saying. In 2FA, you need to have a code apart from the username/password to access your account. This code can be obtained in three ways 1 - SMS 2 - Voice Call 3 - Mobile App In each of these three instances, you need to tell the phone identifier - a phone number OR a mobile operating system. You can login to a Google account across devices (web, tablet, phone) using any of these 2FA token generation methods.
I am saying is app will only work on device it's installed on Or token will only help u logging in from device it's generated from not like sms where u sign in from web and revive code on phone which u put in This is what I got from reading I have no intention of activation app feature anyway and Google does not even recommends it when u activate 2 step

Maybe I am wrong but this what's confusing me Easy setup for Android users "Users who only access their Google Account from Android devices can use a short walkthrough to set up the Google Authenticator application on their phones. With Google Authenticator, you can generate verification codes on your phone even if your phone isn't connected to a network"

This is just confusing Now I found this on same site We'll still ask for codes when you (or anyone else) tries to sign in to your account from*other computers or devices. With this option, you'll receive verification codes from the Google Authenticator app. You can still use SMS/voice as a backup. Select your phone typ. Sigh you can either use app or sms you need to install app on multiple device and setting up seems to me will be pain :p

I am saying is app will only work on device it's installed on Or token will only help u logging in from device it's generated from not like sms where u sign in from web and revive code on phone which u put in This is what I got from reading I have no intention of activation app feature anyway and Google does not even recommends it when u activate 2 step
No, that's wrong. Currently - I'm logging in from the Internet using a token generated from my Android phone.

According to google, both the client and the server use a pseudo random generator with the same seed value. They use a counter or system time to synch the two pseudo random generators. That's how they do it offline. If the client side token were hw dependent, then the server wouldn't be able to generate the same matching number.

According to google' date=' both the client and the server use a pseudo random generator with the same seed value. They use a counter or system time to synch the two pseudo random generators. That's how they do it offline. If the client side token were hw dependent, then the server wouldn't be able to generate the same matching number.[/quote'] Exactly! Completely forgot about the offline part - thanks for filling in.