Poll: How many back India to bat out 5 or 6 sessions for a draw?

fineleg

Poll: How many back India to bat out 5 or 6 sessions for a draw?  

1. 1.

• YES - they can draw
    • NO - they cannot
    • OTHER points of view

I have rarely seen us successfully play for a draw and actually draw (without help of weather) ... heading into Australia we need to start thinking with a positive mindset ... we should look to bowl them out for a lead around 200-250 or less ... and look to chase that down to win. Even if we need 300 with one day remaining ... we will gain more from trying unsuccessfully to win than trying successfully to draw.

Guest dada_rocks
Don't worry bheji....this one we ain't losing!If wwe lose ...I'll give you half of my icf$......
Where from u get this sort of confidence.. meri yahan patloon gili hui padi hai dar le mare:D

I personally think this match is a goner for us. I'm using logic/cricketing knowledge here, not blind OTT patriotism. A draw, is extremely unlikely. there are only 15 wickets left in the match, and day 4 hasn't even started yet... Anything above 200 is too, in fact, anything above 150 will be difficult to chase here. As there are already 167 to get, and 5 wickets to get, it's not looking clever (especially as almost 100 runs were added for the last 2 wickets by the same team in the 1st innings)... A win is possible, of course, but quite unlikely. I would have to say that if India pulled it off, it would be close to the proportions of Eden Gardens, 2001, and would rank as one of our greatest wins ever. To give us our best chance, Laxman would have to be promoted to at least number 4, Tendulkar and Ganguly need to be dropped down the order... I'm not too upset by a loss though, I back India not to lose the series, and perhaps even win it, this may be the kick up the arse they need. Rather it come now, than in the last Test (as in the previous 2 series against this opposition)... Much as I'm a huge fan, I don't think there's a place for Yuvraj in the side for the next match. Ganguly has to play because he's doing a job with the ball too, and could yet pull out a substantial score, Laxman can't be dropped now, so Yuvi has to wait. I would rather see Sehwag (seriously), and Gambhir opening. Gambhir more than deserves another chance, whilst Sehwag would play himself back into form against his favourite attack, and provide another decent-ish bowling option... My preferred batting line-up (yes I know Karthik and Jaffer did a job on difficult tracks in England, but horses for courses, I'd back Sehwag and Gambhir to fill their boots more on home pitches) Gambhir Sehwag Dravid Laxman Tendulkar Ganguly Dhoni

Anything under 250 will not challenge India. If you haven't followed Pakistan cricket you wouldn't know what Pakistan is capable of. They can be terrible when things aren't going their way. I trust India will win this one.
Yeah, I'll buy this convoluted logic. If only someone can botch up things better than India, then it would have to be Pakistan! So folks, chill - there's still hope - in Sami we trust! :D

I stand by my post, yesterday, Pakistan were in the best position to take the match. Now, barring the grandmother of all f*ck ups, the match is ours, because a) we have played well, b) they have just experienced the mother of all f*ck ups. This is set up to be an amazing victory that will go down in folklore, because we were heading for certain defeat... Knowing Team India, I still predict the loss of 4-5 wickets tommorrow, including the traditional early dismissal of Ganguly when he's the overnight batsman. Ganguly, however, has done enough with both bat and ball, to ensure that Yuvraj Singh will be true to the number on his ODI shirt for the rest of this series...