Breaking : Phil Hughes passes away .. Sad day for Cricket

zep1706

Have you guys ever been hit. I took a full blooded sweep shot on my temple at forward short leg. It was years back. I felt woozy for a while.
quite a few times.the worst was when i was batting without a helmet(pacers were off that time) ,i was running for the 2nd run when the throw from the boundary hit my head.everybody ran down to check on me,strangely i didnt feel much,just a small apple grew on that spot!!
Have you guys ever been hit. I took a full blooded sweep shot on my temple at forward short leg. It was years back. I felt woozy for a while.
As a batsman, I have regularly employed the sweep to clear fielders who are around my area. I wasn't but I have hit people - I was a fast bowler. My whole fame to be selected during a trial at a professional club was breaking a knuckle and the batsman asking for a helmet in between my spell. I used to avoid helmets while batting too. Now everything makes we think twice. Once, I had a batsman come down the track and smash a ball towards my chest and I too a reflex catch. I would definitely had been knocked out with a broken rib. Had my hands been a few inches apart, it might have even fractured my finger. To understand how quick the ball was, the fielder at mid off didn't see the ball and the fielder at mid wicket was looking for the ball at long off.
As a batsman, I have regularly employed the sweep to clear fielders who are around my area. I wasn't but I have hit people - I was a fast bowler. My whole fame to be selected during a trial at a professional club was breaking a knuckle and the batsman asking for a helmet in between my spell. I used to avoid helmets while batting too. Now everything makes we think twice. Once, I had a batsman come down the track and smash a ball towards my chest and I too a reflex catch. I would definitely had been knocked out with a broken rib. Had my hands been a few inches apart, it might have even fractured my finger. To understand how quick the ball was, the fielder at mid off didn't see the ball and the fielder at mid wicket was looking for the ball at long off.
Impressive! I have been hit on the top of my head. many matches were going on in the ground simultaneously(mostly tennis ball cricket) n I was watching another match. A leather ball hit my head on a shot when I was looking in the opposite direction standing at mid wicket area. It made a sound that it would make when it'd hit a coconut. Thankfully no damage done. Apart from this, i hit my brother on thumb (he was wearing gloves, still got hit) . the thumb nail turned black over the days till new nail grew.
I got hit when bowling from a very short distance and batsmen hit hard straight towards me, it had hit me before I could react, hitting my left upper lip, fortunate my teeth were still there, lip was cut from inside by the tooth, bled profusely. It was a very short distance and was really lucky that day as it didn't hit any other vulnerable part.
Many times. Don't remember all but one was when I was fielding at Point/Gully and the ball rolled down a distance but bounced up after and hit me on the face. Also got hit many times while batting but once I was taking throwdowns on nets without any safety equipment and the ball just hit my **** :((
You do not even wear anything ...looking back I am thankful no one got hurt as even tennis ball can injure you badly if hit on face that close ...sigh
I was hit by a cricket ball.. The seam landed right on my temple where a major artery that runs from brain to heart. You really need to be lucky that the blow misses one of those crucial arteries. This guy was not so lucky. The artery got split into two and it resulted in brain haemorrhage .
r.i.p.....Phillip Hughes.....A freak accident on a cricket pitch killed him...very hard to believe and very very unfortunate.....my thoughts and prayers are with his family
If you get hit on head.. consequences are much much more severe than any other body part. Liam Neeson's ex wife Natasha Richardson story is a testimony to that. You might look okay. After some time you will feel it. . She refused immediate medical attention twice.. After 3 hours she started having headaches. Always head injuries have to be taken seriously even if you feel well.
That's great news. Was really looking forward to the match and hoping they don't cancel the match because of Hughes death.
They just updated the news again. Game won't be cancelled but probably delayed or rescheduled. http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/australia/phillip-hughes-death-first-test-may-be-delayed-as-cricket-australia-wrestles-with-fears-over-player-welfare/story-fn2mcu3x-1227138764500
Yeah 1 or 2 day delay may happen but Aus players would need it to get back in to right frame of mind for a test and get some preperation in.