If I dont see a scorecard like this within the next two tests,

Ram

We might as well give up our hope of standing a decent chance of competing in Australia. image3lq9.png Where are the Big Hundreds ? In the last 7 tests against Worthwhile opposition , NONE of the Indian top-order batsman have scored a single century. Compare this with the 2003/04 Tour to Australia , when our batsman scored six centuries. Therein lies the key. If we cannot produce mammoth scores like the ones we did back then, we have little chance of competing with the Aussies. Which bring us to the next question, Is our Top and Middle order capable of producing such scores at all ? Are our aging stars only capable of producing the odd 80 here and there ? Is this lack of big scores a sign of things to come , or just an aberration? Discuss.

We might as well give up our hope of standing a decent chance of competing in Australia. image3lq9.png Where are the Big Hundreds ? In the last 7 tests against Worthwhile opposition , NONE of the Indian top-order batsman have scored a single century. Compare this with the 2003/04 Tour to Australia , when our batsman scored six centuries. Therein lies the key. If we cannot produce mammoth scores like the ones we did back then, we have little chance of competing with the Aussies. Which bring us to the next question, Is our Top and Middle order capable of producing such scores at all ? Are our aging stars only capable of producing the odd 80 here and there ? Is this lack of big scores a sign of things to come , or just an aberration? Discuss.
Gosh! If I write something remotely similar while a Test is in execution, I get chided for being negative. Ok, that apart - absolutely true what you say. If we cannot produce the above scorecard, Aus will kick us into the sand so far deep.

I feel Sachin is in line for a big one. He scored 2 100s against BD and came close to scoring one twice against England. Amongst the current middle-order , I back Sachin more than anyone to score a 100. Ganguly is in good form too , but he still has some weaknesses ( short-pitched bowling, out-side off stump) that could haunt him in test cricket. Sachin has no such defined weakness as such. But one thing though , If Umar Gul plays, I would drastically reduce Sachin's chances. Umar Gul definitely has the wood over Sachin.

And because our bowling is much better these days' date=' we can get away with lower team totals.[/quote'] Against anyone but Australia. It worked against England, worked against Pakistan and will work against teams who don't have such prolific run scorers in their batting. Australia on the other hand have two machines at the top of the order in Hayden and the finally-selected Jaques, then a quite frightening middle order in Ponting, Clarke and Hussey with Symonds being the only slightly weak link there - but one with a fondness for India's bowling. And then you have Gilchrist at 7. More than that, look at the sort of runs most of them have been putting up recently. Ponting's averaging at least a big ton or two per long series, Hussey and Clarke have been remarkably consistent and big-scoring in the middle order, Hayden's had a massive form renaissance recently - and Jaques is another who built his career by scoring big tons and doubles for fun on all wickets.

against Australia, it depends on how you reply to their aggression. It happened last year that the indians opened with Sehwag on top and he shown what he has. A good start always helps against strong opponents. Hopefully this time around, Jaffer and Karthik do the same for India.

Its quite obvious that Sachin will fare well down under. Only question is can he keep fit for such a long period of time? He has already played a lot of matches this year and one sincerely hope that no kind of injuries will occur this time.
its amazing actually how he keeps his fitness, except some cramps here and there, in this hectic schedule... even aussies are getting injured... hail him... .