VRV Singh?

Anyone know anything about this guy? I've not really seen him bowl. Has he got any potential? I heard he's one of the fastest bowlers in India right now. This is what we need to go from being a good team to a champion team. An express bowler and good fielders and we'll be getting there. What does anyone else think?

I have seen him in 2 series' ... against RSA and BAN ... both series he was bowling high 130s low 140s and not moving the ball and not accurate ... against RSA after good opening spells with Zaheer and Sreesanth ... we let RSA off the hook through VRV singh who would just gift boundary balls to them.

In that case is there any hope of India producing a genuine express bowler. Have we ever had one or have the fastest ones always been fast-medium? How come Pakistan can produce bowlers that can bowl 90+ and we can't?
Have you been watching cricket lately ? This guy amongst the quickest in the world right now... He may look like a Post-graduate student in political science off the field, Sreesanth.jpg But once on it , He is as quick and as fiery as most, story.sreesanth.jpg
Have you been watching cricket lately ? This guy amongst the quickest in the world right now... He may look like a Post-graduate student in political science off the field, Sreesanth.jpg But once on it , He is as quick and as fiery as most, story.sreesanth.jpg
Fastest I saw this guy bowl was in recent Australia ODI series. 149.9 kph. But can he do this consistently? Look at Akhtar's spell in 4th day of 1st test (please no chucking comments) He was bowling 90+ consistently and even touched 95mph at one point.
Fastest I saw this guy bowl was in recent Australia ODI series. 149.9 kph. But can he do this consistently? Look at Akhtar's spell in 4th day of 1st test (please no chucking comments) He was bowling 90+ consistently and even touched 95mph at one point.
I am sorry , even I can touch 90 mph if i am allowed to run in 65 yards and chuck the ball with all that momentum. Please compare with normal fast-bowlers. Bottom line, Sreesanth averages 141-142 kmph, not many can top that , apart from say Lee , Johnson, Tait, Steyn, Morkel, Bond, Gul, Fidel Edwards, Darren Powell, Harmison, Simon Jones, Malinga. That puts amongst the fastest 12-15 bowlers in the world.

I think he is very raw and hence one dimensional at this point ... however, his ability to hit the deck and get bounce could come in very handy once he gets some experience under the belt. I wish the BCCI had some structure in place to groom such talent and help them get to the next level rather than leave them to figure it out by themselves in the rigours of domestic cricket. Hopefully, with the NCA now getting a full time & operational head in Whatmore, we'll see some progress on this front - VRV would be one of the first candidates in my books to make it to that academy. If that takes time, I hope the BCCI takes the help of the MRF pace foundation to help budding bowlers like him.

hes one of the reasons we won the test in saf but not cuz of his bowling it was cuz of his bating partnership with [edited] ganguli :hysterical: the 50 run partnership which got us up to 250 which was realy high for the saffer who were bowled out for 85 :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: