Gunmen attack French magazine Charlie Hebdo - kill 10

diga

Well now look at the reaction of young Indian muslims to this incident : https ://m.facebook.com/IndianMuslimEkta/photos/a.510944235633202.1073741828.509161505811475/848138585247097/?type=1&source=46&refid=17 And many more................................
This is shocking these are supposed to be educated muslims many of them could have been considered moderate . What will be reaction of uneducated muslims ? and this comment Neha Khan Bahut Achha hua Ab Modi or Amit sah ki bari Hai :facepalm: Can they imagine if Modi got assasinated then what will happen ?

The Islamic terrorists activities is only increasing and now presents the greatest threat to the modern world faced. So, we really need to start calling a spade, a spade. For far too long, for many political reasons, it has been called religion of peace. That really needs to be addressed as the facts point otherwise. And some of the reaction in India to this incident itself is a big issue. People who have been using and labelled positive words such as "peaceful", "liberals" are only spreading hatred and violence. These are very dangerous kinds of people. See an example http://www.opindia.com/2015/01/shocking-liberal-reactions-on-the-french-terror-attack/

I find some of the cartoons very offensive...I'd be very angry is the same cartoons be drawn using Hindu deities... Not justifying the killing though...
I'm not for any form of media/press censorship, but if people find things objectionable, why not employ constitutional means? Why resort to massacre?

Some pictures are offensive. I hadn't seen them yesterday. They cannot be classified as satire. Satire is usually meant to be provocative and mocking within limits to provoke some thought and change. These pictures seem to have no purpose other than to offend.

Some pictures are offensive. I hadn't seen them yesterday. They cannot be classified as satire. Satire is usually meant to be provocative and mocking within limits to provoke some thought and change. These pictures seem to have no purpose other than to offend.
But why resort to cold-blooded murder? Why not make a case and take the publication to court?

But why resort to cold-blooded murder? Why not make a case and take the publication to court?
I agree, there is no justification for the killings. They should have taken them to court. If they had done that, most people would have sympathesized with them.

http://gawker.com/what-is-charlie-hebdo-and-why-a-mostly-complete-histo-1677959168 Some of the cartoons are definitely offensive. If they same were done in India it would be banned under "hurting religious sentiments" category. There is no justification for the violent reaction however.
I find some of the cartoons very offensive...I'd be very angry is the same cartoons be drawn using Hindu deities... Not justifying the killing though...
Agreed. Also agree that no amount of offense through such pictures justifies any form of physical reaction.

I agree' date=' there is no justification for the killings. They should have taken them to court. If they had done that, [b']most people would have sympathesized with them.
One thing I can say for sure, that if they had worked peacefully and legally against that idiot, their cause would have gotten lot better support internationally. Now some idiot managed to offend the community by drawing some cartoon and got them labeled as demons for killing some innocent people. And almost everybody online justifying this act of terrorism. So there goes their image as a victims in the eyes of international community. :(( Its a different ball game now. This is a different times. They have to adopt t the means of this time and not the ones that worked in 17th century. Its like fighting with swords against the army that has guns and tanks. Wont work.

I don't know the details but the magazine was taken to court previously and there could be few cases pending.. I also heard that the magazine won some cases too.. It could be frustrating to take the magazine to court and them winning the case in a liberal society... Which allows the magazine to publish more offensive cartoons... There does comes a time when you feel like legal methods are not working...

I don't know the details but the magazine was taken to court previously and there could be few cases pending.. I also heard that the magazine won some cases too.. It could be frustrating to take the magazine to court and them winning the case in a liberal society... Which allows the magazine to publish more offensive cartoons... There does comes a time when you feel like legal methods are not working...
True..the magazine was unsuccessfully sued in 2006 by Islamic organizations for having published the cartoons Now next week they are printing 1 million copies of that magazine instead of the normal 45000

One thing I can say for sure, that if they had worked peacefully and legally against that idiot, their cause would have gotten lot better support internationally. Now some idiot managed to offend the community by drawing some cartoon and got them labeled as demons for killing some innocent people. And almost everybody online justifying this act of terrorism. So there goes their image as a victims in the eyes of international community. :(( Its a different ball game now. This is a different times. They have to adopt t the means of this time and not the ones that worked in 17th century. Its like fighting with swords against the army that has guns and tanks. Wont work.
Definition of idiot depends on one's point of view, a person can be called an idiot * to draw a cartoon and hurt others * believe that drawing a cartoon deserves death * Believe in something never seen or touched, most of which has been proven false but yet continues to believe in it

Then dont see it, you saw one that offended you then stop looking, tell your friends to stay away, ask for a warning to be displayed. My description of believers could be offensive to you and your description of an atheist can be offensive to me, doesn't mean we stop posting or start cutting each other's throat. I can say that Im offended as a hindu when I hear people on national TV call their religion the only true religion. Please help me, this hurts me a lot.

All I can say is that what is offensive to someone or not is very subjective...Some people are overtly sensitive and if they get the impression that people are in agreement, they think 'let me get offended for more minor things' and cycle goes on and no one can speak or even hint anything as someone will be offended.... Who defines what is offensive or not? I am offended that people are offended about things that I did not find offensive...

Freedom of speech is non- negotiable. :finger:But freedom of speech is not acceptable in Islam. We have to decide which way our society gotta go. Freedom of speech , freedom of thought, or regressive religious beliefs. Its a constant fight, challenge against religion (particularly Islam because they take god seriously more than any other religious groups). There is no bigger god than humanity. The day they understand this, this world will be a heaven to live.