Gunmen attack French magazine Charlie Hebdo - kill 10

diga

Earth is flat, someone ate the sun, virgin birth etc etc Lets stop this before it gets termed as "religious" discussion :hysterical:
As I said earlier you are a smart dude. Do not club them all together. Earth is flat: no big deal Someone ate the sun or Virgin birth: Can you disprove it. I am all ears. Lets open a 1x1 thread and let me hear you prove/disprove it. No chance of this turning into religious discussion as neither of us are religious.

As I said earlier you are a smart dude. Do not club them all together. Earth is flat: no big deal Someone ate the sun or Virgin birth: Can you disprove it. I am all ears. Lets open a 1x1 thread and let me hear you prove/disprove it. No chance of this turning into religious discussion as neither of us are religious.
Earth is flat : No big deal ??

There is no 1 X 1 thread that I know of, its all public. Secondly, I believe the onus is on the person who comes up or believes in these magical theories to come up with proofs than the ones who dont believe it. Lets leave it here, I think we both understand each other's POV

I thought about it and this is what I call "I feck all women but my sister is a virgin" phenomenon. They want to have sex, drink, do all kind of stuff and at the same time make sure that their sister is ganga ki tarhan pavitr and they marry a virgin. I have seen it in a lot of people, including Indians. They boast about how they used to get laid since they were in year 10 but then they accompany their sisters when they go out to meet their fiance even 3 days before the wedding. Its the same logic.
Damn, I used to have wrong set of friends !

There is no 1 X 1 thread that I know of, its all public. Secondly, I believe the onus is on the person who comes up or believes in these magical theories to come up with proofs than the ones who dont believe it. Lets leave it here, I think we both understand each other's POV
NO. I understand your POV. It seems you are not getting mine. You called believers as idiot. And you cannot prove anything. So Yes we better leave it now?

NO. I understand your POV. It seems you are not getting mine. You called believers as idiot. And you cannot prove anything. So Yes we better leave it now?
I didnt say that believers are idiots, I said one "can" be called an idiot depending on the defination. For some people atheists can be idiots and for some religious people can be idiots.

Delusional much? So you can concoct any ridiculous concept and we're supposed to disprove it?

Charlie Hebdo attack: Jyllands-Posten will not print Prophet Mohammad cartoons Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten will not republish Charlie Hebdo's cartoons, saying attack 'shows that violence works'

Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten, which angered Muslims by publishing cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad 10 years ago, will not republish Charlie Hebdo's cartoons due to security concerns, the only major Danish newspaper not to do so. "It shows that violence works," the newspaper stated in its editorial on Friday. Denmark's other major newspapers have all republished cartoons from the French satirical weekly as part of the coverage of the attack which killed 12 people in Paris on Wednesday. Many other European newspapers also republished Charlie Hebdo cartoons to protest against the killings. When Jyllands-Posten published 12 cartoons by various artists in September 2005, most of which depict the Prophet Mohammad, it sparked a wave of protests across the Muslim world in which at least 50 people died. "We have lived with the fear of a terrorist attack for nine years, and yes, that is the explanation why we do not reprint the cartoons, whether it be our own or Charlie Hebdo's," Jyllands-Posten said. "We are also aware that we therefore bow to violence and intimidation."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11334891/Charlie-Hebdo-attack-Jyllands-Posten-will-not-print-Prophet-Mohammad-cartoons.html

An Open letter to moderate Muslims (by a Muslim writer) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ali-a-rizvi/an-open-letter-to-moderat_b_5930764.html?ir=India

Unfortunately, this is what's eating away at your credibility. This is what makes otherwise rational moderate Muslims look remarkably inconsistent. Despite your best intentions, you also embolden anti-Muslim bigots -- albeit unknowingly -- by effectively narrowing the differences between yourselves and the fundamentalists. You condemn all kinds of terrible things being done in the name of your religion, but when the same things appear as verses in your book, you use all your faculties to defend them. This comes across as either denial or disingenuousness, both of which make an honest conversation impossible. This presents an obvious dilemma. The belief that the Quran is the unquestionable word of God is fundamental to the Islamic faith, and held by the vast majority of Muslims worldwide, fundamentalist or progressive. Many of you believe that letting it go is as good as calling yourself non-Muslim. I get that. But does it have to be that way?
Such voices questioning the interpretation of Quran needs to be heard more. Just because it is the word of god, need not be followed (fundoos) and defended (moderate). Other religions also went around questioning the "word of god" and have become civil and secular.

An Open letter to moderate Muslims (by a Muslim writer) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ali-a-rizvi/an-open-letter-to-moderat_b_5930764.html?ir=India Such voices questioning the interpretation of Quran needs to be heard more. Just because it is the word of god, need not be followed (fundoos) and defended (moderate). Other religions also went around questioning the "word of god" and have become civil and secular.
You won't find many Muslims who'd make the time for Ali Rizvi, I mean he's an apostate and been quite critical of Islam in the past.