Delhi Assembly Elections 2015 Thread  

1. 1.

• BJP
    • AAP
    • Congress
    • AAP + Congress
    • BJP + AAP
    • President's Rule

That is the biggest problem facing BJP. The Congress voteshare has completely withered away. They need Congress to pull in at least 15-20% votes so BJP can get more seats. But that is very very unlikely to happen. Three way fight has now become a two horse race. Personally, I think that is a good thing. Two party fights should hopefully result in one party getting a majority. That should help provide stability and the party in power should have no excuses to hide behind. And AAP has anyway hijacked all the Congress agenda and their corresponding votebank. So, there is nothing the third horse can bring to the table anyway.

the writing does appear to be on the wall for the BJP. That India today poll is disturbing news. From a BJP POV there needs to be a high turnout more than 65% and heavy voting in middle class localities. That probably is their only potential saviour at the moment. But if what the India Today poll is saying about the vote share is true then IMO its too late no matter what voter turnout

That is the biggest problem facing BJP. The Congress voteshare has completely withered away. They need Congress to pull in at least 15-20% votes so BJP can get more seats. But that is very very unlikely to happen. Three way fight has now become a two horse race. Personally, I think that is a good thing. Two party fights should hopefully result in one party getting a majority. That should help provide stability and the party in power should have no excuses to hide behind. And AAP has anyway hijacked all the Congress agenda and their corresponding votebank. So, there is nothing the third horse can bring to the table anyway.
this.... I think there has been a rise in BJP vote share in all polls since 2013. Problem is AAP has heavily eaten into congress votes. While the BJP will be ruing their chances. Ajay Maken and the congress will be searching for survival in the city if AAP manages to get a permanent foodhold. There will be no political space for them to operate in.

Ajay Maken and the congress will be searching for survival in the city if AAP manages to get a permanent foodhold. There will be no political space for them to operate in.
Congress rising again in Delhi seems very very unlikely in the near future. That is because Congress is not offering anything different than what AAP is already offering. Populist policies for the poor. Check Minority appeasement. Check Street activism. Check What AAP offers in addition to the above is a hope for an honest, non corrupt government that many people have bought into. Congress has long burnt that bridge.

the writing does appear to be on the wall for the BJP. That India today poll is disturbing news. From a BJP POV there needs to be a high turnout more than 65% and heavy voting in middle class localities. That probably is their only potential saviour at the moment. But if what the India Today poll is saying about the vote share is true then IMO its too late no matter what voter turnout
I have a hunch that Shah Tzu may have a couple of aces up his sleeve before polling. Dekhna padega. Kejriwal has already started blaming the EVMs of being BJP agents. :hysterical:

Congress rising again in Delhi seems very very unlikely in the near future. That is because Congress is not offering anything different than what AAP is already offering. Populist policies for the poor. Check Minority appeasement. Check Street activism. Check What AAP offers in addition to the above is a hope for an honest, non corrupt government that many people have bought into. Congress has long burnt that bridge.
You forgot booj and cash - Check Check

AAP has the potential to implode. I still wont be 100% certain of them getting through 5 year term even if they win 40 plus seats. There are a lot of unknown elements under Kejriwal. So as of now i wont write off the congress in delhi.

I have a hunch that Shah Tzu may have a couple of aces up his sleeve before polling. Dekhna padega. Kejriwal has already started blaming the EVMs of being BJP agents. :hysterical:
absolutely. Never give up. You lose then fine. But never throw in the towel.

AAP has the potential to implode. I still wont be 100% certain of them getting through 5 year term even if they win 40 plus seats. There are a lot of unknown elements under Kejriwal. So as of now i wont write off the congress in delhi.
I think the guy who is keeping things together is actually Yogendra Yadav. He is soft spoken and doesnt come across as someone trying to take over things. BTW there is also a chance of BJP's internal messing coming out in open after elections. I dont think the BJP workers like Bedi. I mean why would they, they worked for it and now she is the CM candidate.

Who the feck is Cicero :giggle:
a roman statesman. (and i mean ancient rome, not sonia gandhi) Post general elections i have to admit India Today-Cicero have been the most accurate. They nailed the election results for Maharashtra, Haryana and Jharkhand. Were a bit off for the PDP and BJP in JnK So they do have weight.

a roman statesman. (and i mean ancient rome' date= not sonia gandhi) Post general elections i have to admit India Today-Cicero have been the most accurate. They nailed the election results for Maharashtra, Haryana and Jharkhand. Were a bit off for the PDP and BJP in JnK So they do have weight.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Good point. Yes, that can happen too.

this has been shown to work in india time and again.BJP has managed to alienate minorities completely by idiots in their own party spouting nonsense like Ghar wapsi etc.