Delhi Assembly Elections 2015 Thread  

1. 1.

• BJP
    • AAP
    • Congress
    • AAP + Congress
    • BJP + AAP
    • President's Rule

http://www.business-standard.com/article/opinion/india-s-talent-surplus-113071801059_1.html This is the clear and present danger of blindly investing resources in building colleges. We need to energize our manufacturing and service sectors to absorb the glut in supply, - Smart cities are designed to solve this issue to some extent, along with urbanisation of semi rural regions and raise in standard of living. What AAP is trying to do through blind building of colleges is making the issue even acute. Highlighting yet another problem with AAP - lack of long term vision. It follows typical Indian AAM AADMI logic - shortcut quick fix solutions to every problem without caring for sustainability or long term planning. Jugaad logic.
you are mixing the issues here. There are many things to take into account * So far there no AAP effect, they have had no impact on anything * There is quality of education, we have a lot of graduates with 30% marks or even with higher marks who just have a degree * Creating jobs is another topic altogether * Smarter passouts will create more opportunities

you are mixing the issues here. There are many things to take into account * So far there no AAP effect, they have had no impact on anything * There is quality of education, we have a lot of graduates with 30% marks or even with higher marks who just have a degree * Creating jobs is another topic altogether * Smarter passouts will create more opportunities
Yes that makes it imperative that its the quality of education that is given primacy. Everyone's a graduate and you cannot find people to do basic jobs like in agriculture or other 'blue collar jobs' - its another matter that a majority of these newly minted graduates are fit for anything but these basic jobs, but they being graduates, they automatically shun these jobs, creating imbalance in the economy - dearth of blue collar workers, oversupply for white collar ones. we need to boost the spirit of entrepreneurship. We need to create people who can "generate" jobs by themselves, and not those who are "waiting" to be employed. Initiatives like Make in India, help in this a bit, but I hope we really promote small scale entrepreneurship vigorously. It is sad to see even so called "highly qualified" people like Chartered accounts are reduced to doing glorified data entry job by MNCs. They get paid reasonably well but is that what we need really? All these need review and careful consideration while making policy decisions. It cannot be a simple quick fix scenario with hastily thought up plans to mobilize resources.

My dad isnt poor but he isnt filthy rich either, in Delhi he is a common man, he cant get water for more than 2 hours a day and he lives in a legal colony in South Delhi. So people who are rich, poor or somewhere in between have same problems. My Dad is a common man, he knows no one in the ministry, doesnt have money to bribe people, drives a small car but is asset rich. isnt he a common man or does a common man need to really live in a jhuggi and have nothing? As for criminal record, I am worried about that. If AAP has candidates as bad as BJP and Congress then they either need to explain better or work on getting better candidates.
Maybe delhi faces a fundamental water crunch where population outstrips supply? Even a place like chennei which has no bjp or congress has major problems. Maybe the problem is there are way too many people.

Maybe delhi faces a fundamental water crunch where population outstrips supply? Even a place like chennei which has no bjp or congress has major problems. Maybe the problem is there are way too many people.
or maybe the MCD and the local govt hasnt done anything. Do you think we are out of water? so much so that its only 2 hrs a day and full time in selected areas.

GB, Jalebi, Delhi Govt. funds 28 DU colleges partially or fully where there isn't enough reservations for students who have passed 12th class from a school located in Delhi - http://archive.indianexpress.com/news/state-govt-proposes-90--quota-for-delhi-students-in-many-du-colleges/1177099/ They can simply stop this funding and use it for the proposed 20 new colleges. This would not even require cutting other expenditure when I do believe that a lot of expenditure currently is just a waste and will be cut.
Ummm, who will replace the govt. funding? I'm guessing the colleges funded by the govt. are not-for-profit organizations, so they're largely dependent on govt. grants and alumni patronage to begin with. What would happen to the students of these colleges if they're closed down? Don't you think that opening up 20 new colleges, largely govt. funded, will unnecessarily spike up the short-term and long term liabilities of the govt.? Why not improve what is already there? So you have massive bijli-paani subsidies, and then this promise of 20 new colleges. Assuming that AAP somehow comes to power, again, from where exactly will all this money come from?

http://youtu.be/q1GmNDF42Nw Amit Shah expects 2/3 rd majority. Anybody want to challenge this jaahil
Kejri is definitely working very hard but seeing the kind of resources BJP has put in, BJP was always going to be ahead. I said this in another thread (or maybe in this thread earlier) - AAP will not reach 30.
^^Modi - Shah combination is similar to 70's Indira - Sanjay combo much different from Vajpayee - Advani or Manmohan - Sonia. They do not have difference of opinion it seems on any matter. Great plus point for party and government.
Yes. Its also similar in that these two, like Indira-Sanjay, have no scruples in using any and all means (whether legal or illegal) to get what they want.

Impressive manifesto released by AAP. They should win and should work for the betterment of Delhi.... BJP haven't released any manifesto... The whole campaign looks messed up...if AAP forms the Govt. BJP should extend all the support from centre... Shouldn't undermine the Govt...

Impressive manifesto released by AAP. They should win and should work for the betterment of Delhi.... BJP haven't released any manifesto... The whole campaign looks messed up...if AAP forms the Govt. BJP should extend all the support from centre... Shouldn't undermine the Govt...
Do you think Kejriwala is sort of guy who wants or gives co-operation?

Do you think Kejriwala is sort of guy who wants or gives co-operation?
No... He will try to project that he's not getting cooperation.. But Centre should see that he completes his 5 years... Shouldn't impose Governors rule etc and give help him project as a martyr...

^ I agree. But BJP is in kill mode now. Lets be honest. This is first for India. A right wing party is not from all India domination and crushing all positions
Kill mode means what? Tamper with EVMs? Or bring in fake voters? Delhi appears to have made up its mind to give Kejri another chance...

Kill mode means what? Tamper with EVMs? Or bring in fake voters? Delhi appears to have made up its mind to give Kejri another chance...
Your pessimistic acting before every election was boring and repititive a few months ago. Now its just pathetic. For once you might want to actually say what you want instead of acting the whole time. Just saying....

Your pessimistic acting before every election was boring and repititive a few months ago. Now its just pathetic. For once you might want to actually say what you want instead of acting the whole time. Just saying....
I want Kejri to even lose his own seat too... He's a slimy snake... But I'm pretty disappointed by BJPs delay in holding elections in Delhi thus giving enough time to Kejri to recover lost ground...BJP should've finished him by holding the Delhi elections long time back...

I want Kejri to even lose his own seat too... He's a slimy snake... But I'm pretty disappointed by BJPs delay in holding elections in Delhi thus giving enough time to Kejri to recover lost ground...BJP should've finished him by holding the Delhi elections long time back...
Agree with that but if you really want Kejri to lose then why don't you come out and say it instead of deliberately making pessimistic predictions.

Agree with that but if you really want Kejri to lose then why don't you come out and say it instead of deliberately making pessimistic predictions.
If he says Kejri should lose here in ICF will Kejri lose actually? You even predicted Mayawati will surprise everyone in LS election, she gave a big anda to you :cantstop: