How to beat the Aussies

bowl_out

A good bowling side can beat Australia. A batting shootout with Australia in Australia will fail almost every time. Any side that allows Australia to bat first and amass 280+ is not going to have any chance of winning.
This current Australian side is almost a prototype of sides we'll see in the future, and it all stems from T20, heavy handed batsmen all the way down the order, star bowlers who can seriously bat etc etc, scary thing is, IMO Australia didn't even select 2 of their 3 best bowlers for this tourny (Pattinson-Harris), their fast bowling depth freakish.
This current Australian side is almost a prototype of sides we'll see in the future' date=' and it all stems from T20, heavy handed batsmen all the way down the order, star bowlers who can seriously bat etc etc, scary thing is, IMO Australia didn't even select 2 of their 3 best bowlers for this tourny, their fast bowling depth freakish.[/quote'] You are NZ supporter?

I think the key with Australia is to minimize the damage they can do at the last 15 overs. I don't understand why Indian bowlers still haven't mastered the yorker. Look at Mitchell Starc's lethal yorkers, and see the impact he has. If a team can get Warner out early and then on top of that keep them to 60-70 in the last 10, they go a long way towards winning the match.

IMO if Australia play well they can't be beaten, not in Australia anyway, I don't think I've seen a more powerful batting line up, they bat to 10 (and those 10 are all dangerous batsmen), and their no 11 isn't a bunny. Their the best fielding team in the world, and they have a a powerful bowling attack, maybe the best in the world as well, they tick all the boxes.
wow, you've really been gobbling up the Nine circle-jerk haven't you? The batting lineup is dangerous but susceptible. Guys like Finch, Watson, Bailey, Faulkner, Marsh, Maxwell etc are good hitters but tend to fall to pieces against genuinely good bowling. It's one thing coming in at the 45th over and hitting about a demoralized England or India, quite another thing facing a bowling attack with set plans to each batsman with the skills to actually execute. I do rate Warner, Smith, Starc, Johnson and Clarke when fit but the rest of them aren't world class. They'll smash teams when they're on top but wait till they play a team with a little grit and see what happens.
wow, you've really been gobbling up the Nine circle-jerk haven't you? The batting lineup is dangerous but susceptible. Guys like Finch, Watson, Bailey, Faulkner, Marsh, Maxwell etc are good hitters but tend to fall to pieces against genuinely good bowling. It's one thing coming in at the 45th over and hitting about a demoralized England or India, quite another thing facing a bowling attack with set plans to each batsman with the skills to actually execute. I do rate Warner, Smith, Starc, Johnson and Clarke when fit but the rest of them aren't world class. They'll smash teams when they're on top but wait till they play a team with a little grit and see what happens.
South Africa have set bowling plans, Australia destroyed them as well.