Pak qualification scenarios

Kalia_Test

What if they thrash UAE Still its better than Pakis
The only thing that can assure WI RR will be better than Pak is if :- - WI give massive massive phainta to UAE - meaning one more Gayle/Sammy/Russel show putting 350+ and bowling them out for 220 or so - unlikely - WI avoiding one more phainta by India - SA giving another similar beating to Pak Still, Pak can win massively against the 3 minnows and all above can be overcome. WI really messed up in this match
The only thing that can assure WI RR will be better than Pak is if :- - WI give massive massive phainta to UAE - meaning one more Gayle/Sammy/Russel show putting 350+ and bowling them out for 220 or so - unlikely - WI avoiding one more phainta by India - SA giving another similar beating to Pak Still, Pak can win massively against the 3 minnows and all above can be overcome. WI really messed up in this match
agree.i think windies might spring up a surprise against india but india need to finish 1st because thier is a slight chance of facing bangladesh over england

The margin of defeat to the West Indies handed out by South Africa will definitely aid Pakistan. It has lowered the West Indies NRR by a considerable margin however they are still largely ahead of Pakistan. In order for us to move ahead of the WI in terms of NRR, we must beat Zimbabwe by 180 runs(if we bat first). A very tall task but as always expect the impossible with Pakistan. It is never simple with us. We always have to rely on something!

What about rain
In case rain actually washes out match ( instead of shortening matches and messing up ), the scenarios are as below ( assuming expected results and not counting upsets ) :- Good for Pak ------------------ WI vs UAE Pak vs SA Bad for Pak ---------------- WI vs Ind SA vs Ire Pak vs Ire Pak vs Zim Pak vs UAE Ind vs Ire I am not sure of Ire vs Zim though :hmmm:
Given that Zim vs Ire is 50-50' date=' wont it be good for Ire ( and therefore bad for Pak ) if it is washout, especially if Ire vs SA or Ire vs Ind ( or even any of bad for Pak is also a washout)?[/quote'] Only if another Ireland game against big guys is washed out. Otherwise they need the 2 points desperately
Given that Zim vs Ire is 50-50' date=' wont it be good for Ire ( and therefore bad for Pak ) if it is washout, especially if Ire vs SA or Ire vs Ind ( or even any of bad for Pak is also a washout)?[/quote'] If the bad ones for PAK end up being washed out, then PAK is almost gone. So only in that case, Ire Vs Zim wash out will be bad as PAK would want ZIM winning. Multiple wash outs are not likely to happen...Also IRE is expected to beat ZIM and end with 3 wins.
even WI will thrash UAE big deal, Pak need to beat Ireland and Zim with big margin which is not looking possible
see windies will thrash uae no doubt but they might lose by a decent margin against india which might dent their rr a bit,pak(assuming they lose to saf,not too badly) still have a chance to thrash 3 minnow side and improve their nrr heavily.irfan,riaz and afridi will be too hot to handle for the minnows.though all said i have already mentioned that i feel zim might upset pak come sunday :giggle:
see windies will thrash uae no doubt but they might lose by a decent margin against india which might dent their rr a bit' date='pak(assuming they lose to saf,not too badly) still have a chance to thrash 3 minnow side and improve their nrr heavily.irfan,riaz and afridi will be too hot to handle for the minnows.though all said i have already mentioned that i feel zim might upset pak come sunday :giggle:[/quote'] I dont think this Pak team can beat Zim and Ireland with big margin. Both Zim and Ireland got pretty good batting line ups. If Zim upsets Pak than :hysterical::--D