Test 3. Bangalore...

Ok, what are the chances of producing the deadest pitch in the history of the game?... At 1-0 with one Test left, we don't owe anybody a damn thing... Karthik out, Sehwag in... Munaf out, Kartik in... 1. Win the toss, aim for records. First team to score 1,000 in a Test innings. Any of the top order fancy a crack at Lara's record? why not?... 2. Lose the Toss, patience. Wait for them to rack up their 650 and declare on us. Get in, bat, bat, bat, if possible, bat until the end of day 5... Bad for the game, good for the series result...

Pakistan's bowling lineup seems incapable of taking 20 wickets against us in a single match. In this series till now, we have scored 1090 runs at the loss of just 19 wickets. I expect the B'lore pitch to be VERY similar to Kolkata - a slow low turner that is generally good for batting. We shouldnt have too many problems there. But i do agree with the OP in one sense, We must do all we can to win this series from hereon and if that means producing a dead-pan of a pitch, so be it. Remember, the team was criticized roundly for batting again in the 3rd test of the Eng series and not enforcing the follow on, but all that criticism is now distant memory. The only thing we remember now is that Ind won a historic series in Eng after a gap of 26 years. So, even if it means copping some criticism in the short term,we will be well-advised to have batting beauty in the 3rd test.

I want Pathan to b in the team.. He really deserves a chance.. and he wll b very handy in OZ.. so we need to give him a chance in the 3rd test. jus a qn... we have been loosing to paakis at this venue.. y then our stupid board keeps the match there in bangalore everytime they visit us.
Zubin, please read my last thread.
I want Pathan to b in the team.. He really deserves a chance.. and he wll b very handy in OZ.. so we need to give him a chance in the 3rd test. jus a qn... we have been loosing to paakis at this venue.. y then our stupid board keeps the match there in bangalore everytime they visit us.
Definitely Pathan should be in the team. Munaf just hasn't produced anything worthwhile. Give Pathan a chance in the longer version of the game to get him some practice and then take him to Australia. Plus he's a handy batsman as well.