My take on Day 5

dial_100

There you go.... Stats dont even go close to the target that we are going to set for them. In the last 5 chases, Only 1 managed to win that too with the target of 117 @ 3RPO only. Once they realise that they cannot win, the YK is useless... He like last series will throw away his wkt... SB is a splash... He is an improved version of VS, SA.....So Akmol, MUH and YoYo are the only 3 wkts that we need to worry about... Game is still ON.

Bhajji and Kumble will have to bowl out of their skins if we are to win this match. I think bat for no more than about 20-25 mins. Leaving about 320 in around 80 overs for them to win it (if you take into account probable light issues). That requires them to score at 4 per over, for 80 overs, which is just about enticing enough for to try. Zaheer wont get much assistance from the pitch ... neither will Munaf, so that leaves a lot on the shoulders of Bhajji and Kumble. I expect Tendulkar to bowl a few overs today aswell.

I dont what happens to this match' date=' as long as Sachin makes a 100 and takes a 5-for while bowling. :D[/quote'] You may have said this sarcastically or jokingly or maybe u meant it, but there are such fans in reality - hero worshipping at the expense of not caring what happens to the "match" I'm sure there were quite a few in Calcutta crowd at Eden Gardens who were happy to just glimpse at Ganguly despite the fact that he was scratching around when we required quick runs. Their "hero" was at the crease "standing" - thats all, whether he scores at 50 SR, or 70 SR or 100 SR - does not matter to them. :angry_smile:
You may have said this sarcastically or jokingly or maybe u meant it, but there are such fans in reality - hero worshipping at the expense of not caring what happens to the "match" I'm sure there were quite a few in Calcutta crowd at Eden Gardens who were happy to just glimpse at Ganguly despite the fact that he was scratching around when we required quick runs. Their "hero" was at the crease "standing" - thats all, whether he scores at 50 SR, or 70 SR or 100 SR - does not matter to them. :angry_smile:
And what makes it incumbent on the fan to support his country in the first place ? After all, this is just sport and i watch to draw pleasure. Now if seeing my hero perform gives me more pleasure than my country winning, what stops me from rooting for my hero, rather than my country.
One thing I can never understand is how patriotism is equated to supporting a team in sports. True' date=' I support India but till not too far back Pakistan used to be my second favorite side despite everything else involved with India and Pakistan.[/quote'] Absolutely !

MM and Shwetabh, Nothing wrong if you support a player over the team's performance. Thats upto you. I dont prefer that, and in my books I dont particularly like that when someone does it. You need not care about it, but it is my opinion. Regarding patriotism, no thats not related to what I am talking about. So separate topic. Either way this is my opinion that I'm expressing. I have certain preferences and judgement on what others do *shrug*

I introduced cricket to an American friend of mine during the '03 India-Pakistan WC encounter. The guys was flummoxed by Tendulkar's batting. Whenever we meet up he still asks me to show some of his latest clips and videos.
:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:
MM and Shwetabh, Nothing wrong if you support a player over the team's performance. Thats upto you. I dont prefer that, and in my books I dont particularly like that when someone does it. You need not care about it, but it is my opinion. Regarding patriotism, no thats not related to what I am talking about. So separate topic. Either way this is my opinion that I'm expressing. I have certain preferences and judgement on what others do *shrug*
Huh? Did I say anything about my personal choices and preferences. All I said was that I don't base my likes and dislikes of someone based on whether he supports a team or an individual as long as he tries to understand what the game and it's intricacies are about.

>The pitch has not crumbled as expected but the pressure of batting an entire day when there is nothing at stake except salvaging a draw with a vociferous crowd, close in fielders, appeals every over, Kumble and Harbhajan swooping in for the kill with every delivery will be huge. One wicket can lead to a bunch in these circumstances and I would still say we have a 60-70% chance of pulling this one off if we give ourselves 75-80 overs.' Well pitch has been crumbling from day 2. I still remember those cobras that jumped off when Shoiab bowled slower ones. The problem though is that its getting slower and slower every day. Even if turns and bounce, good batsman the one who play late can still survive easily.

Good analysis dial. :top: Obviously' date=' I hope you are right but [b']I don't see us winning unless Harbhajan does well. Kumble will get his customary 2-3 but won't be able to run through like he did earlier. If Bhajji doesn't do anything, then Pak will draw this easily.
As I said, our victory rested on his performance. Harbhajan disappoints again.