Gaekwad not averse to replace Vengsarkar

DesiChap

Gaekwad not averse to replace Vengsarkar New Delhi (PTI): Former India coach Anshuman Gaekwad on Monday said he was not averse to taking up the high-profile job of chief cricket selector if offered by the BCCI in case Dilip Vengsarkar decided to quit, owing to his stand-off with the Board. "If such an offer comes my way I will take it. I would like to work for Indian cricket in whatever capacity I can, but I cannot say anything more at this stage," Gaekwad said. He said nobody had contacted him yet from the BCCI but "I have been getting calls from the media". "But I understand there are other candidates also," he added. "Having worked as a coach in the past should help me," said the former cricketer. Vengsarkar is on loggerheads with the Board over the guidelines that bar him from writing newspaper columns. Vengsarkar has reportedly told the Board that he would wait till Tuesday and if the guidelines were not withdrawn would put in his papers. The BCCI has, however, made it clear that there was no question of amending guidelines which prevent selectors from writing columns and interacting with the media. "...these guidelines cannot be withdrawn. So Vengsarkar is free to take his decision," BCCI Vice President Rajiv Shukla told reporters. http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/holnus/007200712040341.htm

This will be Borde's team Captain : Robin Singh Vice Captain : Munnabhai Patel Salim Jaffer Karthik Dravid Yograj Singh Gaurav Ganguly Laxman Venkatesh Prasad Gregory King Ramki 12th man : Sachin Tendulkar Bowling coach : Sreesanth Fielding coach : RP Singh Physio : MS Dhoni Computer Analyst : Anil Kumble.

This guy Vengsarkar thinks too much about himself as a writer, doesnt he ? Does he seriously believe anyone would care to read what he writes, if he relinquishes his post as a chief selector ? Dumbsucker is gonna lose both his job & his career as a writer