Have we taken some risk in declaring early?

fineleg

Just now folks have calmed me down saying THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE. Grrrr....dont say all that in this thread.
Well anything is possible ... the fact that it is still slightly possible is what gives us a chance to win ... Pakistan will think they are a slight chance, will back themselves and in the process could give us wickets.

This pitch is too slow for Pakistan to score at such a pace. Their only hope is to block out the spinners. The moment they start trying to score 4-5 runs/over of the spinners, they will be in trouble. And one more wicket now, Pak will most definitely stonewall.

Well anything is possible ... the fact that it is still slightly possible is what gives us a chance to win ... Pakistan will think they are a slight chance' date= will back themselves and in the process could give us wickets.:pray:
oh, hope pak dont make it too tense a match! pls win or draw india!
Would it have mattered? Greenidge in that form would maybe have taken another 2 or 3 overs to blitz England into little pieces. That was one of his famous One Legged Man In an Ass Kicking knocks, btw...
I understand that Salil. My point is more towards how its almost impossible for any team to chase close to 350 on day 5 on a slow pitch. That must have been one heck of a match ! Greenidge ow !!
My point is more towards how its almost impossible for any team to chase close to 350 on day 5 on a slow pitch. That must have been one heck of a match ! Greenidge ow !!
Indeed, but when you suggested that no team had chased down 340 like that, I had to chip in. And not just Greenidge - Greenidge with one leg. Fully fit, he was scary. With a bad leg or two, he was a monster. Just went on a rampage to hit fours, sixes and avoid running as much as possible, and by all reports, he was among the scariest men on the planet to bowl to.
Finey, What say now ? Pak, with just one wicket down, are going at 2 RPO. They already know they cant win.
MM - So far so good. However, If you read page 1 of this thread, I had said the strategy will be to "save wickets" till near to Tea. Close to Tea (with wickets in hand) thats when they will try to attack. They will attack, and if they lose couple more wickets they will totally shut shop. If they have wickets in hand close to tea, mark my words they will TRY to attack. Whether it will come off is another thing, but they will.
MM - So far so good. However, If you read page 1 of this thread, I had said the strategy will be to "save wickets" till near to Tea. Close to Tea (with wickets in hand) thats when they will try to attack. They will attack, and if they lose couple more wickets they will totally shut shop. If they have wickets in hand close to tea, mark my words they will TRY to attack. Whether it will come off is another thing, but they will.
And that will be awesome coz that will be our only chance to win. This pitch is so slow and low, Pakistan could defend all week if they want. The moment they get adventurous with their strokeplay, that is when we will get a chance to win And dont worry, Pakistan will fall atleast a 125 runs short. They will probably end the day 225/3 or 4.

Yes, AK can... Boss Bhai. Thats correct. And that maniac or retard as some call Afretard is not there. Thats good. Because he is the idiot who will either get out on 5 or will make a 70 in 40 balls type. He will hit on top of fielders standing on the boundary. But that worry is not there today. I agree Afretard avg is shyte, but he is the weirdo who can hit.

Thank god..... we didnt have this Finey guy with us when we played Pak in 03 WC..... winning would have been a nightmare..> it was one heck of easier one... This is not even close to any competition... a tame draw...... As I said YK can only surive by scoring runs... He cannot block one side. He can only counter attack....Good show from YK..