Sangakkara: Now THIS is form

Mr. Wicket

"Since surrendering the gloves last summer, Sangakkara has racked up 1529 runs in 14 innings, at the staggering average of 152.90. He's made seven centuries in that time, including a career-best 287, and of those times he's reached three figures, he hasn't been dismissed for less than 152." - Andrew Miller on CI ball by ball. The scary part. In his last 6 games (including this one), he's made scores of 156*, 8, 6, 200*, 222*, 57, 192, 92 and 152. Four scores of 150+ in four consecutive tests, or five in six tests. And this is spanning grounds from New Zealand, Australia and Sri Lanka. His test average right now stands at exactly 57. And while this states the obvious, he'd walk into just about any XI in the world right now.

Just off the top of my head, post 2000 seems to be the best era for batsman since a long time. I cant remember when was the last time so many contemporary batsman are averaging close to 55 in test cricket all at the same time, A few in the list = Ponting, Sachin,Dravid, Sangakkara, Kallis, Hussey, Yousuf, Hayden ( almost),

Just off the top of my head, post 2000 seems to be the best era for batsman since a long time. I cant remember when was the last time so many contemporary batsman are averaging close to 55 in test cricket all at the same time, A few in the list = Ponting, Sachin,Dravid, Sangakkara, Kallis, Hussey, Yousuf, Hayden ( almost),
please dont compare all those idiots to sachin please, he has been averaging 55+ from 1997 i think. Thats CONSISTENCY. all these moron's are making it up for the lack of GOOD bowlers.
In 2005-2006 when SL toured India, we beat them 6-1 in ODIs and we beat them 1-0 or 2-0 in Tests. KS was out of form then, thats the reason. If KS was in form, that would have been a closer series. AWESOME AWESOME player KS.
what? no.. iirc he had a huge hundred in the same game dhobi made that 183*