Super Selector Rules - I have a problem??

dial_100

Varun bhai, yaar I dont understand substitution rule in SS. Those of us who had Srisanth and Asif in our teams had to suffer big jolt when they got injured and we had to lose 50 points to find replacement. It is just not fair. We can;t have information on who will be selected which is reasonable if probable doesn;t get selected. But when they are completely injured and do not play a single game that makes it very very unfair. I think we should reimberse to all those who had Asif and Srisanth in their team. In fact I had srisanth in my team for the first test and then replaced him in the second match...He is not possibility of selection. Or we should have option of selecting 12th and 13th men as replacement for a bowler/batsmen in case of injury to any of the 11 we select...

Fair enough. Then you should not penalize if the player is being substituted if he is injured and is not selected because of the injury.
Yeah I realize that, unfortunately that'll require a bit of work on my side to first implement it, and then maintain it.. Will do it during one free weekend.

Firstly, we should commend Varun on doing such a great job. It looks so professional. I have conducted SS myself on DT and it was a pain managing everything - Varun's SS is much better, cleaner and more organised. It is great to see him be open to suggestions since it is a lot of effort for very little rewards apart from personal satisfaction. The backbone of this SS is the idea of grabbing scores from cricinfo dynamically. Idea - good and execution even better. :wtg: sir :hatsoff:

The point of penalties is to reward a person who chose a good team to begin with than others who are jumping on the bandwagon.
Absolutely agree.... there must be a penulty for substitution. No matter what. All I am saying is I should have an option of picking up 12th and 13th members in my squad as an extra Batsman and a bowler. These substitution will be allowed only if some one gets injured. There should not be any penulty if substitution happens for an injured player who wont play a single game. Example in the current series are Asif/Srisanth. For all other type of injuries, automatic substitution should happen if injured player is not playing. Depending on a batsman or bowler, substitution should be made. All such substitution should come with penulty. More than 1 injury substituion should not be allowed. All I am trying to avoid is just unfortunate event which cannot be seen up front. Besides that, I see the format very well set. Thanks