IPL 2015 Rajasthan Royals Support Official Thread.

Sir john

Even Kohli struggled against pace, bounce and swing. Lol Before hating on someone, post something more valid.
I'm not hating on him, just posted what I'd observed during the few instances I watched him. Against Coulter-Nile the other day he couldn't middle one ball and was edging the ball a lot. The guy at the other end (Rahane I think) was facing the bowling quite comfortably.

There are still some things to ponder upon. Like for Watson, I feel he should not play as opener. He is a walking wicket given as very prone to be LBW against swing bowling. And then, Smith should play ahead of him. So Watson should play 4th or lower. Not higher at all. Secondly, should Smith remain captain? I hope that is the case. And who do you drop him for? Southee or Morris. I think both bowlers are good and I would play Southee particular for evening matches as there could be some swing.

I think Watto is not going to come into the side till RR lose a match. If RR manage to win all matches and lift the title then that will suit Watto fine. He is just sitting on his ass and collecting his pay. Means he can be fit as a fiddle for the ashes at the expense of RR. Re Watson i feel he should play as an opener. Samson and Rahane have failed to provide the acceleration. Need somebody who can hit out to open.

I think Watto is not going to come into the side till RR lose a match. If RR manage to win all matches and lift the title then that will suit Watto fine. He is just sitting on his ass and collecting his pay. Means he can be fit as a fiddle for the ashes at the expense of RR. Re Watson i feel he should play as an opener. Samson and Rahane have failed to provide the acceleration. Need somebody who can hit out to open.
Watson is still their 2nd best batsman. RR batting line-up has more quantity than quality. So Watson would improve that well. And I would still disagree with Watson as opener. In last 2-3 years, he has been poor in all formats playing as an opener. And Watson as a middle order batsman would mean he would play more spin bowling which he prefers as can easily smash them over his favorite area, mid-wicket. Also, instead of Samson, they could like Nair or play Nayar as a pinch hitter for opener role.

I'm not hating on him' date=' just posted what I'd observed during the few instances I watched him. Against Coulter-Nile the other day he couldn't middle one ball and was edging the ball a lot. The guy at the other end (Rahane I think) was facing the bowling quite comfortably.[/quote'] Rahane is a veteran in front of Samson. Rahane has developed, Samson is still developing.

Should replace Southee

That was one bad chase yesterday. Its 4 of (Rahane, Samson, Nair, Binny) that is a major batting problem. These players will take time to settle and won't take on the bowling. If all those 4 players are your first 5 batsman, RR will lose 9/10 times chasing any +160 score. They got very lucky against DD due to Hooda heroics, but that won't happen each time. They made a mess out of yesterday simply chase of 130. Thus, Watson is very important as he will add the power in the top batting order. Yet, if Watson comes, then Faulkner becomes your 3rd fast bowler, and he simply isn't good enough to be the 1st bowling change. Right now the team is more balanced in bowling than batting. Watson coming in will improve the batting, but the bowling balance will suffer. So it's a dilemma. Who else have they got among the Indian batsman for power hitting? I remember Nayar can hit big so perhaps they could try him as a opener.