Yorkshire Pujara Watch/County Cricket 2015 Thread

G_B_

how much is the paycheck that pujara gets here? because if possible, i would like bhuvi to play county cricket as well. there is nothing for him to achieve in IPL in England he is like a really useful player with all that swing and good lower order batting. anyways he wont make millions in IPL like yuvi, rohit and kohli becoz only batsmen, allrounders and pinch hitters are paid more... why shouldnt he play county?

how much is the paycheck that pujara gets here? because if possible' date=' i would like bhuvi to play county cricket as well.[b'] there is nothing for him to achieve in IPL in England he is like a really useful player with all that swing and good lower order batting. anyways he wont make millions in IPL like yuvi, rohit and kohli becoz only batsmen, allrounders and pinch hitters are paid more... why shouldnt he play county?
image.gif

Bit rich from Broad tweeting about how great it is to see Notts "putting one over on the county champions", when he hardly plays for Notts and four very important cogs in the County Champions' wheels are sitting around doing sod all except watching him and his mates struggling against an equally average West Indies team

King Sanga scores a scintillating century on debut against the mighty glamorgan :yay: Hmm..how many did the great, great, shri che pujara don score on his highly anticipated debut? :hmmm:
mighty glamorgan? lol :hysterical: They both play in division 2 :hysterical: In a way a tier 2 team suits sanga....

I love Sanga as a cricketer, just lovely to watch bat, but you have to say he's taken the easy option of plundering easy runs down in division 2. Can't blame him though, he doesn't need to prove anything at this stage of his career

how much is the paycheck that pujara gets here? because if possible, i would like bhuvi to play county cricket as well. there is nothing for him to achieve in IPL in England he is like a really useful player with all that swing and good lower order batting. anyways he wont make millions in IPL like yuvi, rohit and kohli becoz only batsmen, allrounders and pinch hitters are paid more... why shouldnt he play county?
what?? All decent Indian pacers have big contracts in the IPL which is near the Million Dollar mark. Bhuvneshwar Kumar is at 4.25 crores per year contract. Even Young Indian bowlers have very good IPL contracts with Umesh Yadav at 2.6 crores per year, Varun Aaron at 2 crores and even the likes of Jasprit Bumrah has 1.6 crores contract. County pay can never match this paycheck and that is the reason Pujara said in his interview to Yorkshire that he said "NO to Derbyshire" this year before the auction as he was hoping to be picked for IPL. It is easy for cricket enthusiasts to tell the cricketers to forego such big IPL contracts but it is delusional and does not make any sense to forego such high paying, popular cricket tournament and go play county in cold, empty stands.
What really happened to Surrey ? So much up and down in the last 10 years. I remember once they were a great team under Alec Stewart and Thorpe.
everybody goes through rebuilding.... They will have their moment. I personally feel rather than developing youth they tend to rely on big names. Kumar Sangakara is not a long term solution even if he does play for another 2-3 seasons.