Defence News and Updates

Cricket_Hacker

^ yes its 1.6 mach in Block I. and its JV between Pakistan and China. So, its win-win for Both.
yup pak being small 3rd world state this is new so pak is excited understandable. Ind for instance was similar when they started mig 21 then su 30mki and now there is plans for pakfa similar mechanism with russia. coming to think of it this is a good start for pak, with jf17 similar to mig 21 3rd gen all metal frame, simple cheap fighter, but only slower, has bvr though so mig 21 bison.

yup pak being small 3rd world state this is new so pak is excited understandable. Ind for instance was similar when they started mig 21 then su 30mki and now there is plans for pakfa similar mechanism with russia. coming to think of it this is a good start for pak' date=' with jf17 similar to mig 21 3rd gen all metal frame, simple cheap fighter, but only slower, has bvr though so mig 21 bison.[/quote'] why are you hell bent to compare everything with India ? .... This is not a comparison thread .... and Its 4th Gen Fighter ....

why are you hell bent to compare everything with India ? .... This is not a comparison thread .... and Its 4th Gen Fighter ....
super 7 - the Chinese manufactured mig-21 , with improved inlet design + now ws13 the rd33 chinese knockoff.. :) its a very potent 3rd gen will be very effective for pak against the desert taliban :two_thumbs_up:, anyways pak does not need advanced fighters,being a service state - china will fight the real fights for it.

super 7 - the Chinese manufactured mig-21 ' date=' with improved inlet design + now ws13 the rd33 chinese knockoff.. :) its a very potent 3rd gen will be very effective for pak against the desert taliban :two_thumbs_up:, anyways pak does not need advanced fighters,being a service state - china will fight the real fights for it.[/quote'] Are you trolling with me ? So thats all you know about this Jet ? means you really dont know the difference between 3rd Gen and 4th Gen Fighters .... thats sums up your knowledge about it. The Aerodynamics of JF-17 Thunder don't related a bit to Mig-21 ... JF-17 Thunder is inspired from F-20 Tigershark and F-16s ... Its Design Resembles both ... In late 80s and Early 90s Pakistan was having a Joint Venture with Northrop Grumman in order to produce a new generation aircraft . Which they named Sabr - II . In that JV, Pakistani Engineers were doing R&D in US on this concept . Suddenly in Mid 90s Sanctions Struck the Program and Northrop Grumman Abandoned the Project . Later on Pakistan and China Decided to go on with this Concept for the Creation of Aircraft . The First Ever Prototype which was the Basic Design was named as Super - 7. From There JF-17 Thunder Got Evolved . JF-17 Thunder has 6 Prototypes. Prototype 5 and Prototype 6 Featured with DSI intakes (Divertless Supersonic inlet). Pakistan has a Large Amount of Contribution in R&D in construction of Design of the Airframe of JF-17 Thunder. Pakistan Also Produced Avionics of Thunder. Initially Pakistan was Producing Italian Fair Grifo Radars with Licence inside Pakistan and wanted to Induct those inside JF-17 thunder. But the Progress Chinese Aviation made over the years. They Came up with alot more better Multi Mode Radar KLJ 7 with Range upto 105-110 Km . Weaponry of JF-17 Thunder is Hell alot Vast and its the Thing that Gives it hell alot Punch . It include a Wide Range of Air to Air / AIr to Ground / Air to Sea Missiles making it a True Multi roll Platform . Air to Air Weaponry include SD-10 A (BVR Missiles), MAA-1 Piranha, AIM 9 L/M, PL-5E-II, PL-9C Air to Surface Missiles Include MAR-1 (Brazilian Anti--Radiation Missiles), Ra'ad ALCM (Nuclear Capable Cruise Missile), GB-6 (Air Launched Standoff Submunision Dispenser Precision Guided Weapon), CM 102 (Supersonic Anti Radiation Missile) Air to Sea Missiles Include CM 400 AKG (Supersonic Antiship Missile with Speed upto Mach 5.0), C 802 A (Anti-Ship Missile). This was a Short Summary for Your knowledge ... and If you really dont understand the difference thn atleast use ur common sense .... The countries interested to buy this jet is looking for affordable 4th Gen fighter. not for 3rd Gen. Now you can carry on with your usual trolling .... :two_thumbs_up:

Are you trolling with me ? So thats all you know about this Jet ? means you really dont know the difference between 3rd Gen and 4th Gen Fighters .... thats sums up your knowledge about it. The Aerodynamics of JF-17 Thunder don't related a bit to Mig-21 ... JF-17 Thunder is inspired from F-20 Tigershark and F-16s ... Its Design Resembles both ... In late 80s and Early 90s Pakistan was having a Joint Venture with Northrop Grumman in order to produce a new generation aircraft . Which they named Sabr - II . In that JV, Pakistani Engineers were doing R&D in US on this concept . Suddenly in Mid 90s Sanctions Struck the Program and Northrop Grumman Abandoned the Project . Later on Pakistan and China Decided to go on with this Concept for the Creation of Aircraft . The First Ever Prototype which was the Basic Design was named as Super - 7. From There JF-17 Thunder Got Evolved . JF-17 Thunder has 6 Prototypes. Prototype 5 and Prototype 6 Featured with DSI intakes (Divertless Supersonic inlet). Pakistan has a Large Amount of Contribution in R&D in construction of Design of the Airframe of JF-17 Thunder. Pakistan Also Produced Avionics of Thunder. Initially Pakistan was Producing Italian Fair Grifo Radars with Licence inside Pakistan and wanted to Induct those inside JF-17 thunder. But the Progress Chinese Aviation made over the years. They Came up with alot more better Multi Mode Radar KLJ 7 with Range upto 105-110 Km . Weaponry of JF-17 Thunder is Hell alot Vast and its the Thing that Gives it hell alot Punch . It include a Wide Range of Air to Air / AIr to Ground / Air to Sea Missiles making it a True Multi roll Platform . Air to Air Weaponry include SD-10 A (BVR Missiles), MAA-1 Piranha, AIM 9 L/M, PL-5E-II, PL-9C Air to Surface Missiles Include MAR-1 (Brazilian Anti--Radiation Missiles), Ra'ad ALCM (Nuclear Capable Cruise Missile), GB-6 (Air Launched Standoff Submunision Dispenser Precision Guided Weapon), CM 102 (Supersonic Anti Radiation Missile) Air to Sea Missiles Include CM 400 AKG (Supersonic Antiship Missile with Speed upto Mach 5.0), C 802 A (Anti-Ship Missile). This was a Short Summary for Your knowledge ... and If you really dont understand the difference thn atleast use ur common sense .... The countries interested to buy this jet is looking for affordable 4th Gen fighter. not for 3rd Gen. Now you can carry on with your usual trolling .... :two_thumbs_up:
License production is different from R&D, actually i understand its difficult for pak people to understand, they are basically different trust me, ok chinese design, pak screwdriver technology..lPAC is maintanence unit of PAF commendable job in manufacturing chinese jets, jf-17 is a good 3rd gen fighter. :two_thumbs_up:

chinese design, pak screwdriver technology..lPAC is maintanence unit of PAF commendable job in manufacturing chinese jets, jf-17 is a good 3rd gen fighter. :two_thumbs_up:
again, says who ? an armchair expert ?
BTW i can read wikipedia.
Sure you can, But whatever i have posted in my previous post u wont find few key ponits in Wikipedia. and if you trust Wikipedia so much thn you should accept this too .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth-generation_jet_fighter#Fourth-generation_jet_fighters_compared Other sources: http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/4th-generation-fighter-aircraft.asp http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=758 http://aircraft.wikia.com/wiki/JF-17_Thunder :two_thumbs_up:

As i said before, Jf-17 can do a job if it is inducted in heavy numbers. Its not a technological fighter. The chinese developed it as an export plane to countries in africa and rest of asia (those who are not in competition to them) One thing i am not sure is its weight and the claim to multirole. Its is rather too light compared to other multirole fighters around the world. Even those inducted in the PLAAF.

^ for now The jf-17 Block II has a different role in PAF, Its main role to defend the borders. but The Block III will be the different from Current batch. we should wait till the Block III get Induction in PAF thn we will know the true potential of this Jet. I have seen it and thre are many Pics of Jf-17 flying with different armament/Missiles .... from wiki:

Armament Guns: 1× 23 mm GSh-23-2 twin-barrel cannon or 1x 30 mm GSh-30-2 Hardpoints: 8 in total (4 × under-wing, 2 × wing-tip, 2 × under-fuselage (Joint Hardpoint); pylon stations number 3, 4 and 5 are wet-plumb capable) with a capacity of 3,400 kg (7,500 lb) for external fuel and ordnance Missiles: Air-to-air missiles: MAA-1 Piranha (Short-range)[121] AIM-9L/M (Short-range) PL-5EII (Short-range)[122] PL-9C (Short-range) PL-12 / SD-10 (Beyond visual range)[122] Air-to-surface missiles: MAR-1 (Anti-radiation missile)[75] Ra'ad ALCM (Nuclear capable Stealth Cruise missile)[123] CM-400AKG supersonic anti-shipping missile, export version of YJ-12[124] C-802A Anti-ship missile CM 102 supersonic Anti radiation missile GB-6 Air-Launched Standoff Submunition Dispenser Precision Guided Weapon Bombs: Unguided bombs: Mk-82 (general purpose bomb) Mk-84 (general purpose bomb) Matra Durandal (anti-runway bomb) CBU-100/Mk-20 Rockeye (anti-armour cluster bomb) Precision guided munitions (PGM): GBU-10 (Laser-guided) GBU-12 (Laser-guided) LT-2 (Laser-guided) H-2 (electro-optically guided) H-4 (electro-optically guided)[5] LS-6 (satellite-guided glide bombs)[120] Satellite-guided bombs[5] Others: Rocket Pods Countermeasures (Flares, Chaff) Up to 3 external drop tanks (2 × under-wing 1,100 litres (240 imp gal; 290 US gal), 1 × under-fuselage 800 litres (180 imp gal; 210 US gal)) for extended range/loitering time
Avionics: DEEC electronic warfare suite NRIET KLJ-7 multi-mode fire-control radar Night vision goggles (NVG) compatible glass cockpit Externally mounted avionics pods: KG-300G self-protection radar jamming pod WMD-7 day/night targeting pod

again, says who ? an armchair expert ? Sure you can, But whatever i have posted in my previous post u wont find few key ponits in Wikipedia. and if you trust Wikipedia so much thn you should accept this too .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth-generation_jet_fighter#Fourth-generation_jet_fighters_compared Other sources: http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/4th-generation-fighter-aircraft.asp http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=758 http://aircraft.wikia.com/wiki/JF-17_Thunder :two_thumbs_up:
ur post is from wikipedia, i can read that directly there you dont have to post it again here. But i never said i trust wikipedia, but you seem to agree that wikipedia is not trust worthy always so no worries there, in that people can say jf17 is stealth fighter and it will remain till someone deletes it. JF17 is good 3rd gen fighter, all metal frame, 3rd gen design, but with 4th gen avionics, bvr and weaponization, rd33 engine which has so much trouble in mig29 ( indian fighter 4th gen, it has two of those engines lol).