Rohit Sharma V/S ABDV the awesome.

Zestian

Nohit Sharma V/S ABDV the awesome.  

11 members have voted

1. 1.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

I will take such a batsman any day who averaged 50 even without playing seam or spin well. I wish we had more batsmen with such stats in the team.

Shikars avg is also good. See what happens when you have nonsense players in the team because they have good stats rather than being in good form. I can understand being out of touch for 2-3 games but dragging him along for 4 series now is just ridiculous.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

I will take such a batsman any day who averaged 50 even without playing seam or spin well. I wish we had more batsmen with such stats in the team.

Dnt go into avgs

In 2013, He played Ct2013, Tri series , Ind-aus & Ind-sa

Ct2013 he made 2 60s in 1st two games which basically were gud conditions gud weather, last two games had overcast conditions and he didnt play well, On the contrary Dhawan scored two hundred and did score against pak as well. 

So ill say rohit did Avg

Zimbabwe series- He avg 33, for god sake that was zimb. Ill Say he did Below avg

Tri- series- Got starts didnt convert any, Cant say but not even gud . Getting out in 40-50 is a crime once ur set .

So means he was avg.

Ind- Aus, He piled on runs on flat decks , Flat track bully . But He did well . So gud marks for that

Ind- sa, well he went with full confidence after 200 and guess wat on those tracks when steyn bowled at him the diff btw bat n ball was of Kolkata n kanpur. As it turned ppl calling him legend had to eat their words. He was disastor

So Moral was simple - he is just a flat track bully

In 2014, He played 12 games n avg over 50 but but but if u take out his one innings of 264 his avg becomes 22-23, means he scored in one match only n failed in 11. How is that Consistency

In 2015,

CB series- Full marks made a 100 on flat surface but still he made it so full marks

World cup - Scored Only against Bang, wnt count minnows. 

Ind- Bang- Was avg 

Ind- Zimb- Why did he ask for rest, he was being considered for captaincy and he took rest for what. Was he a permanent fix in test that he had a tough schedule ahead or played a lot in previous yr. He was injured from Eng odi series and Cb series so Y did he need rest. 

Ind- Sa- did well in one game n also in 2nd odi made 50 but but but a flat track bully cudnt still do something which he has been expected from for yrs . On the contrary the Abdv who he is being compared scored 3-100s. 

Ill just Say he did well

Overall 2015 wud be said as done Above avg or Decent

2016- Piled runs in Aus series, Excellent

Now If u judge most series he has been pretty avg only just excelling on Flat tracks. Avg never shows complete picture. 

N what is wrong with us Just happy with mediocrity . A guy who is a flat track bully is being compared to Abdv . 

Then We do deserve not to win becoz we r happy with someone scoring on Flat tracks . 

I hve nothing against him, but its hilarious how after one innings ppl start expecting crazy stuff from him. Ru crazy this is happening since long he ll do well on flat decks and the minute pressure tournaments comes of diff condition he ll prove out to be a very avg player . How do we expect to be champions with guys performing in few games n playing for so many games after that. 

We including me desrved that Wc not coming to us, Becoz like all of us even i expected rohit to do well in wct20 forgetting tht he wnt turn up if conditions are tough and if there is pressure. 

The guy didnt even turn up on his fav ground against pak after downplaying Mohd amir. Becoz he got to face quality and his mediocrity got exposed. 

I have said this he deserves place in Odi side and there is no ques over it, but plzzzz stop over rating him  and specially stop comparing him to legend like Abdv. 

Deep down inside we all know when we wud need him really he wnt turn up 19 out of 20 times. Be it adeilade, delhi, Nottingam , Joburg, Durban, T20wc on his fav ground, WC Semi final Against Aus where he was well set  and this list will go on n on in future

The guy may have all the talent but lacks the passion n hard work of kohli, smith, root, willamson or even Abdv

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Dnt go into avgs

In 2013, He played Ct2013, Tri series , Ind-aus & Ind-sa

Ct2013 he made 2 60s in 1st two games which basically were gud conditions gud weather, last two games had overcast conditions and he didnt play well, On the contrary Dhawan scored two hundred and did score against pak as well. 

So ill say rohit did Avg

Zimbabwe series- He avg 33, for god sake that was zimb. Ill Say he did Below avg

Tri- series- Got starts didnt convert any, Cant say but not even gud . Getting out in 40-50 is a crime once ur set .

So means he was avg.

Ind- Aus, He piled on runs on flat decks , Flat track bully . But He did well . So gud marks for that

Ind- sa, well he went with full confidence after 200 and guess wat on those tracks when steyn bowled at him the diff btw bat n ball was of Kolkata n kanpur. As it turned ppl calling him legend had to eat their words. He was disastor

So Moral was simple - he is just a flat track bully

In 2014, He played 12 games n avg over 50 but but but if u take out his one innings of 264 his avg becomes 22-23, means he scored in one match only n failed in 11. How is that Consistency

In 2015,

CB series- Full marks made a 100 on flat surface but still he made it so full marks

World cup - Scored Only against Bang, wnt count minnows. 

Ind- Bang- Was avg 

Ind- Zimb- Why did he ask for rest, he was being considered for captaincy and he took rest for what. Was he a permanent fix in test that he had a tough schedule ahead or played a lot in previous yr. He was injured from Eng odi series and Cb series so Y did he need rest. 

Ind- Sa- did well in one game n also in 2nd odi made 50 but but but a flat track bully cudnt still do something which he has been expected from for yrs . On the contrary the Abdv who he is being compared scored 3-100s. 

Ill just Say he did well

Overall 2015 wud be said as done Above avg or Decent

2016- Piled runs in Aus series, Excellent

Now If u judge most series he has been pretty avg only just excelling on Flat tracks. Avg never shows complete picture. 

N what is wrong with us Just happy with mediocrity . A guy who is a flat track bully is being compared to Abdv . 

Then We do deserve not to win becoz we r happy with someone scoring on Flat tracks . 

I hve nothing against him, but its hilarious how after one innings ppl start expecting crazy stuff from him. Ru crazy this is happening since long he ll do well on flat decks and the minute pressure tournaments comes of diff condition he ll prove out to be a very avg player . How do we expect to be champions with guys performing in few games n playing for so many games after that. 

We including me desrved that Wc not coming to us, Becoz like all of us even i expected rohit to do well in wct20 forgetting tht he wnt turn up if conditions are tough and if there is pressure. 

The guy didnt even turn up on his fav ground against pak after downplaying Mohd amir. Becoz he got to face quality and his mediocrity got exposed. 

I have said this he deserves place in Odi side and there is no ques over it, but plzzzz stop over rating him  and specially stop comparing him to legend like Abdv. 

Deep down inside we all know when we wud need him really he wnt turn up 19 out of 20 times. Be it adeilade, delhi, Nottingam , Joburg, Durban, T20wc on his fav ground, WC Semi final Against Aus where he was well set  and this list will go on n on in future

The guy may have all the talent but lacks the passion n hard work of kohli, smith, root, willamson or even Abdv

Ok let's step back a bit tell me 5 clutch back to the wall innings of Abdv against strong sides?

in any format

19 minutes ago, maniac said:

Ok let's step back a bit tell me 5 clutch back to the wall innings of Abdv against strong sides?

in any format

Clutch back to wall innings, well U shud hold this criteria if rohit is master at it. 

I guess u hve forgottes that 33 of 220 balls. It will stand its place in history and there wud be many as such

92 & 109 v England, Centurion, 2005, where he was asked to open the innings and he is not a test opener, against Hoggard, harmison, flintoff, jones. 

106 against Aus chasing 414 at perth, 

92 against aus in 2007 Wc

70 against india in 2013 Ct match

65 notout against Nz in 2015 wc semifinal

70* against NZ in 2010 Ct

These are some that are at top of my head, M sure there are more.

Now lets see, has rohit even done this also, Ab deviller may be a choker like Sa but he has done so so so much and every big player wud fail in some cases. 

Ques is not what Ab devillers in Clutch games ques but what has rohit sharma even done to be even compared to Ab devillers. 

If clutch games are the criteria then plzz Compare ab devillers to kohli not to a overrated hack like No-hit

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Clutch back to wall innings, well U shud hold this criteria if rohit is master at it. 

I guess u hve forgottes that 33 of 220 balls. It will stand its place in history and there wud be many as such

92 & 109 v England, Centurion, 2005, where he was asked to open the innings and he is not a test opener, against Hoggard, harmison, flintoff, jones. 

106 against Aus chasing 414 at perth, 

92 against aus in 2007 Wc

70 against india in 2013 Ct match

65 notout against Nz in 2015 wc semifinal

70* against NZ in 2010 Ct

These are some that are at top of my head, M sure there are more.

Now lets see, has rohit even done this also, Ab deviller may be a choker like Sa but he has done so so so much and every big player wud fail in some cases. 

Ques is not what Ab devillers in Clutch games ques but what has rohit sharma even done to be even compared to Ab devillers. 

If clutch games are the criteria then plzz Compare ab devillers to kohli not to a overrated hack like No-hit

Out of all games u listed most came in losses or Draws.

i am not even going to list rohit's knock in Newzealand on a green top in 2013 or his knock in 2010 t20 wc against a express Aussie attack on a bouncy pitch.

twin 100s batting with the tail in Sachin farewell series

Cb series finals

ct opening in swinging conditions that set up all games

wc qf 2015

wc sf 2007

15 minutes ago, maniac said:

Out of all games u listed most came in losses or Draws.

i am not even going to list rohit's knock in Newzealand on a green top in 2013 or his knock in 2010 t20 wc against a express Aussie attack on a bouncy pitch.

twin 100s batting with the tail in Sachin farewell series

Cb series finals

ct opening in swinging conditions that set up all games

wc qf 2015

wc sf 2007

106 in perth , they won chasing 414,

33 which was a draw is as gud as win, batting whole day. Nohit cnt even do tht 

92,109 match got washed out not his fault.

N if winnings is the thing well ques arises on tendulkar as well 

Well coming to Nohit

Cb series, well done as newcomer specially

Ct he scored only in 1st two matches n it didnt swing at all in 1st two games as well. It was Dhawan who won u those games as well. N steyn didnt play in 1st games. N Abdv also scored 70 more which was more than rohit. N if u say india won well rohit didnt alone win u. So no point giving or taking credit from both

Wc2007 sf well done , 

But these are very few , as i said if u really wanna have upper hand from abdevillers inn that case also these innings are to to to less

But i rest my case coz u hve to blind fan to say those twin innnings 8 no team west indies is better than Ab deviller 33 batting out whole day against no 1 side aus and his 106 chasing 414 in perth or even twin innings against Eng attack  opening in test cricket . U have to be have to be n have to blind fan to say that. 

Wait did u write this Ok let's step back a bit tell me 5 clutch back to the wall innings of Abdv against strong sides ( how is West Indies a strong side and australia n eng not that to in test cricket 

But i Rest my case

N still if World tournaments are criteria- well dhawan is the greates he was highest scorer in 2015 wc and 2013Ct. He is greater than rohit 

And even sir jadeja man of the series in 2013 Ct and having 4.99 eco in 2015 wc coming after shoulder injury

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

54 minutes ago, adi B said:

A perfect example of FTB but then he is a product of the modern era of flat pitches in lois ,dhawan,smith,bailey,finch,guptil are some other examples

So true, He makes me wonder if  Carl hooper player in this era they wud have been at diff level. His avg was around 35 and had he played in this day n age he wud have avg around 45-50