Breaking news: Aus Tour selection [Merged]

talksport

Guest HariSampath
Well....a little bird has just emailed me...selectors have been asked by India team management to take a closer look at Pankaj Singh and also Praveen Kumar....breathe easy thalil...theres hope yet... I vote Pankaj Singh....built well, rhb, nippy and gets genuine caught behind/edge dismissals at almost 140K and after all plenty of first class wkts....surely that MUST mean something, on our pitches
LOL take a look at the above......I got this spot ON. Sehwag too...against ALL odds, I got spot on !! I had also said KKD will be retained ( despite my preference for Parthiv ) :yay::yay::yay::dance::dance::dance:
Guest HariSampath

thaleel....double celeb for us....and as a reward, I strongly absolutely demand that my OP on Sehwag be upgraded to an article...Anil READ it ( by email), and I heard about Sehwag's selection directly through him. Cheeka too was strongly pitching for Sehwag here on ICF.....Against ALL odds, TWO ICFrs have MADE it happen !!!!:hysterical::yay:

Guest HariSampath

Boxing day Test 11 With Sehwag's selection, interesting possibilities are open for the playing 11 for the Boxing day test. I feel that we should select a 11 that has best chances of getting a big score as quickly as possible, and most importantly take 20 wkts to win the game. Aussies have traditionally won most of the series when they have won the first test, and hence we should not be playing for a draw. If the selection of Sehwag is any indication, Kumble is all for forcing a win as evident from his various press statements. My playing 11 for the first test would be. 1. Sehwag 2. Jaffer 3. Tendulkar 4. Ganguly 5. Yuvraj 6. Dhoni 7. Kumble 8. Irfan or Bhajji 9. Zaheer 10.RP Singh 11. Ishant sharma Yes, I would leave out Dravid and Laxman from the first 11, Laxman because he may not recover soon enough, and Dravid because he is the least in form in midle order. Or if an additional batsman is required, I wouldn't mind if Bhaji or a seamer ( left arm) is dropped for possibly Dravid or laxman