Lalit Modi controversy

Tiger80

Vasundhara Raje is daughter of Vijaya Raje.. how difficult is to get that :wall:
Are you trying to suggest/infer something related to BJP or just stating something which is in public . If you tried to suggest that BJP is dynastic party with the example, then how it cant be a RSS party. BTW Dynastic parties are the ones where kids have free pass when young. Off late, I have started to hear Kejris kids are allready doing stings bigger than his dad. :giggle:

BTW can someone tell me the exact Law under which Lalit Modi has been declared a fugitive because he has been saying that he is not a fugitive.
From my limited understanding he is guilty of violating FEMA norms (money laundering is also one of the violations of FEMA norms). What BJP is saying is that the norms he has violated can't make him charged with anything which can cause his arrest, at max his property will be seized. Now if he can't be charged with something for which he can't be arrested, then calling him a fugitive is harsh but not unfair since he is evading a govt probe.

I will comment on what I know

I sometime do not understand the whole logic behind maligning the government: 1. Emergency imposed by Indira and Congress but we should fear BJP and Modi.
Advani Ji mentioned it
2. Ambani became the richest person during Congress era but he works for BJP.
Dont know of any scams or conspiracy theories about it.
3. Lalit Modi did all the bad works during UPA era, they did not do anything to get him back but it is Modi and BJP who are saving him.
I as a person hate congress more than anything but that doesnt mean that BJP has to be only marginally better than UPA.
4. Company of Adani had the highest profit during UPA era but he is Modi's man.
They have been buddies since Gujarat days. http://www.firstpost.com/business/corporate-business/modi-mundra-and-zeal-how-adani-made-it-to-top-10-indian-billionaire-list-2011805.html

@ndtv BJP backs Vasundhara Raje, says Lalit Modi not a fugitive, since FEMA charges have no provision for arrest: Sources Hmmm.....so even BJP is saying he isn't a fugitive.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: This is a master stroke, its like if you declare a criminal innocent then you can never be accused of helping a criminal :hatsoff: Acche Din have arrived.... NaMo NaMo

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: This is a master stroke, its like if you declare a criminal innocent then you can never be accused of helping a criminal :hatsoff: Acche Din have arrived.... NaMo NaMo
They run the most productive mutual clean chit factory. :laugh: Till the signatures of Raje came out, they were talking of getting a red corner notice against Modi and now he is no longer a fugitive.

@ndtv BJP backs Vasundhara Raje, says Lalit Modi not a fugitive, since FEMA charges have no provision for arrest: Sources Hmmm.....so even BJP is saying he isn't a fugitive.
One of the investigations against him is for money laundering. I would be really surprised if money laundering doesn't carry a jail term in India. It does in pretty much all western countries I know of.

One of the investigations against him is for money laundering. I would be really surprised if money laundering doesn't carry a jail term in India. It does in pretty much all western countries I know of.
That is because your beloved UPA government has only charged him under FEMA, which does not court an arrest and only involves provision to recover money. Perhaps, their reasoning was that he will pay up to the Gandhis and buy his escape out. Abstract from an article:
Sources said Mr Modi faces charges under the Foreign Exchange Maintenance Act or FEMA, which does not have provisions for arrest. A senior leader said the NDA government had "inherited" this fault from the UPA regime, as FEMA involves only recoveries not arrest, and that's why technically Lalit Modi cannot be termed a "fugitive".
http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/vasundhra-raje-not-asked-to-resign-by-bjp-says-her-office-775317

now Lalit Modi has made allegations against President Pranab Mukherjee's personal secretary in hawala transactions... wasnt Pranabda the finance minister when Modi went AWOL?
Yes. IIRC he was ruining the economy at that time. As I said earlier, if a proper probe is done in this thing then some big names from many parties would come out hence no proper probe will be done. I also think that Lalit Modi has materiel against many politicians that is why every few months he suddenly starts tweeting that he is going to disclose everything etc etc - that may be a warning from him to various politicians whenever the investigation against him picks up steam and suddenly he stops tweeting about it again for a long time when investigation is slowed down :hmmm:

Saw Mr Piolets son on NDTV. After long line of discussion he seemed to accept that whatever was done doesnt breaks any law. However he said, Legally it may not be wrong, But there is Impropriety on part of bjpites involved. :haha: Congressmen talking on morality

@LalitModi 1/3 Happy to meet the Gandhi Family http://t.co/43iiC6mL9w in London. I had run into Robert and Priyanka separately http://t.co/JTnaE6eX1A :rofl: he's trolling everyone.
He's taking too much pangeys...Making so many enemies... Just being in the same restaurant doesn't means meeting somebody... Unless he has more evidence that he met them personally...

sometime back' date=' BJP offered defence that there are no signature from Vasundhara Raje and they would have taken it seriously if there was. Now when her signature have been found, they have Lalit Modi is no longer fugitive.[/quote'] wait for some time Raghavji.. more names may come out

sometime back' date=' BJP offered defence that there are no signature from Vasundhara Raje and they would have taken it seriously if there was. Now when her signature have been found, they have Lalit Modi is no longer fugitive.[/quote'] Must be dirty tricks department working now. See, you can't survive in Indian politics if you play straight forward. If Vasundhara has to resigns then they'll be forced to take action against LaMo. LaMo could then, potentially come up with more damning revelations... BJP wants to use LaMo's information about Congress and other parties so might set up another deal with him...