meanwhile Tendulkar 0 - 1 - poor umpiring

heres how the discussion would go : Me : Did you see that effing deplorable decision ? Donny : what where how Bossbie Me : @#$#@%@#%#$@#%@! :banghead::banghead: Donny : Ahhh ... I see ... look at the scorecard Bossbee Me : :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: as you can see its very productive.
:hysterical::hysterical:
heres how the discussion would go : Me : Did you see that effing deplorable decision ? Donny : what where how Bossbie Me : @#$#@%@#%#$@#%@! :banghead::banghead: Donny : Ahhh ... I see ... look at the scorecard Bossbee Me : :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: as you can see its very productive.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
though i m not one of those who create threads all of a sudden on poor umpiring.. but would love to busy ppl like bossbhai N Donny in big massive discussion here' date=' hence i created this thread..[/quote'] Nothing to discuss really. Tendulkar, SR. bowled Wise 19
Predictable responses from the resident clowns after the OP. Tics, in general I respect your opinions but Reiffel or the no ball had nothing to do with Sach being beaten by a good inswinger from Wise.
well mate thats why i wrote.. that i don't whine about these decisions either.. and sachin won't either.. it's just that i created this thread for fun.. no hard feelings.. all's good
Tics, in general I respect your opinions but Reiffel or the no ball had nothing to do with Sach being beaten by a good inswinger from Wise.
It quite possibly did. Batsmen like Tendulkar pick up the length of the delivery at least partially from the position of the delivery arm and if the delivery arm is six inches further down from the maximum limit in Tendulkar's mind he would expect a delivery to be shorter than it actually turns out, and also the minor difference in pace. It was a good delivery, not the best of strokes by Tendulkar, but the scorebook has it wrong. Anyhow, hoping that the umpiring will be better in the test matches though with the foolish elite panel we have, hopes are slim.
It quite possibly did. Batsmen like Tendulkar pick up the length of the delivery at least partially from the position of the delivery arm and if the delivery arm is six inches further down from the maximum limit in Tendulkar's mind he would expect a delivery to be shorter than it actually turns out, and also the minor difference in pace. It was a good delivery, not the best of strokes by Tendulkar, but the scorebook has it wrong.
what if the bowler decided to bowl an inch or two behind the crease? Would Sachin be deceived by that?
what if the bowler decided to bowl an inch or two behind the crease? Would Sachin be deceived by that?
It's not Tendulkar in particular we are talking about, but yeah most international batsmen would be deceived by it, not by one or two inches, but let's say half a foot and some bowlers do that occasionally. The flip side is that it gives the batsman more time to adjust, so it won't be as effective. As I said earlier in some other thread, its a game of milliseconds and millimeters.
It quite possibly did. Batsmen like Tendulkar pick up the length of the delivery at least partially from the position of the delivery arm and if the delivery arm is six inches further down from the maximum limit in Tendulkar's mind he would expect a delivery to be shorter than it actually turns out, and also the minor difference in pace. It was a good delivery, not the best of strokes by Tendulkar, but the scorebook has it wrong. Anyhow, hoping that the umpiring will be better in the test matches though with the foolish elite panel we have, hopes are slim.
There are lots and lots of loop-holes in the argument and i think Shwetabh himself realizes that.
Nope. I should have actually said - the relevance of that particular argument in this case. Pardon me for not being specific.
So we agree that a batsman does judge the length of a delivery partially from the release point of the bowler's arm, which implies any uncertainty in the release point of the ball is going to lead to an uncertainty in judging the length. Seems pretty axiomatic to me.