BEEF controversy

Singh bling

If you want to indulge in this argument of whatabouttery or as I like to call it Deewar logic, then why did they not return awards or protest during Babri Masjid or more pertinently Gujarat 2002? 

The reasons are to introspect and not deduce by playing the whatabouttery game. As far as number of people killed in riots, it is obviously not a good metric. All other instances were largely localized, except for the Babri Masjid fiasco in which there was immediate action taken by dismissing BJP ruled governments and banning organizations like VHP.

It is lazy and trivial to equate these leading scientists, historians, and artists to Congis and call this a politically manufactured protest.

How about analyzing things a bit more to understand why they are protesting now? The intolerance is no longer some local law and order issue. It has permeated most states. It is again lazy to lay the blame on individual state governments, like it would be foolish to say Gandhi was killed due to a state government than the Hindutva ideology. 

It is no longer a question of the fringe. The PM is openly campaigning on communal divisions for a state election. This is the real existence of the RSS. They are an evil an vile organization and have spread their poison far and deep enough so the Indian society is on the path to becoming a Hindu Pakistan.

Recall the mid 70s to 80s when Pakistan became its transition to the mess it is today. It wasn't accompanied by massive riots but by gradual poisoning of the society like RSS is doing today through instruments like love jihaad, Ghar waapsi, and beef (something which should never have been an issue because cow beef is already banned in majority of states and Muslims don't really crave for it). The only reason this is being made an issue is to establish Hindu dominance. These are things localized riots from 30 years ago will not put into perspective, but I am glad The thinkers and drivers of the country can see through all this whatabouttery and Deewar logic.

No, this is called running with the crowd, Bhedchal in Hindi. Do you think country has suddenly become more intolerant than it was before or less logical than it was before or more bigoted than it was before. Bhedchal is a right word in Indian context. It is prevalent in every aspect of or life. It is like a Bollywood filmmaker found a blockbuster formula and everyone starts running after it until done to death. 

Poor modijee  :(( , he has been the WORST victim of intolerance in India .He has been metaphorically lynched every day for the past 15 years by the leftist-liberal , marxist maoist , vatican sponsored media.

And , as we all know , metaphorical lynchings are worse than the literal lynchings .

Edited by amiret

IN THE TIME OF AWARD RETURNING EPIDEMIC!

Some telephonic conversations:

One:
A: Hello…how are you Sir?
B: Fine. How have you been? I was expecting a call from you…I heard you have been calling everyone in our fraternity.
A: Yes…it’s our duty…and don’t you think that it’s high time we should show our dissent? 
B: Hmm…but…do we need to return the cash too along with the trophy? 
A: No…no…just the trophy as a manifestation of solidarity against this dysfunctional and communal central government. 
B: Ok cool…I will be joining you.

Two:
A: Hello…
B: Hello…yes I’m ready…it’s a very well timed move.
A: Yes…fourth phase of polling is yet to take place…our returning the awards is creating great impact and media is properly highlighting it…if they loose Bihar it will be a great jolt to them.
B: Yes…I've been watching all the media coverage and was eager to join the movement…this fascist government must go…I’m with you…just tell me how to proceed.
A: Yes I will tell you all the details how and when the award can be returned. But be ready for today only as we can not delay the matter…remember fourth phase of polling is on 5th Nov.
B: Yes…yes…I’m ready.

Three:
A: Hello
B: Hello…yes…yes…I’m ready to return my national award…earlier as a film maker I was a bit skeptical as it seemed to me a kind of political dissent.
A: But now we have attached FTII to it also…the spectrum of the dissent has widened. 
B: Yes of course it has…but don’t you think people will raise the eye brows? FTII strike is going on since last more than 100 days? If we were to condemn the Gajendra Chauhan’s appointment as a chairman of the institute, ethically, we should have returned the award the very first day when he got appointed. 
A: Sir…better late than never!
B: Yes…yes…that moron must go…how come these dolts can put up someone like him…an actor who doesn't know ABCD of world cinema…acted in films like ‘Khuli Khidki”! 
A: Yes that is what we are protesting for…the moronic decision of this government! 
B: Okay…okay…I’m returning the award.

Four:
A: Hello…
B: Hello…who is this? Oh…the most shrill voice that I know…tell me…you want me to return the award?
A: Yes…of course…that is why I’m calling you…
B: Yes calling me after seven or eight years…last time you called me when I was in the national jury and your film was in the race for the national award.
A: Yes it was only with your blessings that I could win 
the award.
B: Yes if I had not supported your film that time you wouldn't have won the national award.
A: Yes I know…I have always been very grateful to you for that kind gesture…so are you ready to join the movement and return the award?
B: You want me to do so?
A: Yes…of course…we want this government to come to senses and control the ills that are happening all around. In fact we want this government to go…this PM with vernacular education has disgraced the high office of Prime Minister!
B: Got it…you want me to return the award to throw out this government?
A: Yes…
B: But tell me…what is the political alternate we have…the Congress?
A: No…not exactly the congress…
B: So…then what? Speak your mind clearly…
A: If they loose Bihar all the political parties will come together…
B: And they will form a good government…ha ha ha…(pouring another drink)…an alliance of contradictory political believes…parties with fractions with in and with alliance partners…parties with corrupt and spineless people! They all are the same!!! Why are you trying to bring this country to an ANARCHY ? Hello…hello…

( The phone is cut at the other end.)

Arun Shourie to India Today :

many of these people (right wing Nuts/fringe elements) draw inspiration from what was said during the (2014) election campaign this BEEF business ..if you go back to the election speeches of mr.modi himself , there is all this talk of pink revolution .So an atmosphere was created .

..his so-called Bhaktas on social-media , Modi invited those people to his house and held a reception for them . i was told that some of these people invited by modi . use the vilest of abuses on social media , So why will they not feel encouraged ?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGwTEbAIsAo4bAdDqbtWN

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/exclusive-pm-modis-silence-deliberate-says-arun-shourie/1/514366.html

Government change. People don't change. Not sure how suddenly "intolerance" would be on the rise so much so minorities cannot live in India.  As a parallel in US ,  blacks are clearly getting profiled. In some southern states it is  a routine thing. They do bring up in award ceremonies , interviews on chosen platforms. Nobody went on a spree of returning awards. Same way apart from gun freaks , many want gun regulation as it is killing 1000s of people every year. Nobody is on a mission to return awards. So it makes very little to no sense.  We had congress for so many years. Were they able to get rid of these elements? They had enough time on their hands to completely wipe out these guys.   In US we have white supremacist organization, black panther organization. No government can get rid of them. RSS is a bit like that.  I do see my christian friends post a lot about "intolerance" and talk about how unsafe for minorities to live there. If i ask them "do you feel threatened by anybody" answer has been invariable no. That is the reality for most minorities. This 24/7/365 coverage of "religious intolerance" would create false perception . From the perspective of an outsider "India is a country full of rapists and minority killers". They are not going to go into details of who actually was responsible behind it. This is why media has to be responsible about  how they present a news. Proper investigation and proper titling of news. Adding "Dalit" "christian" to every tragedy happened to a them before presenting the news will create wrong perceptions. In an attempt to smear Modi, they are actually smearing India inadvertently.  There are other ways to target Modi like they can go after his policies with proof. But focusing mainly on "minority treatment" like there is no other issue will definitely give credence to conspiracy theories.  I basically pass my judgement based on how they present the news, what kind of news they cover. Don't agree with CHetan much. But i agree with him on the point how media is destroying India's image inadvertently. Modi comes Modi goes. But image of India being intolerant will stay forever. 

I disagree with your statement that governments change and people don't. 

But coming to the comparison with the US, you've compared RSS with white supremacist organizations in the U.S., which I agree with. However, if the party in power or the president were to identify with these white supremacist organizations there would be a major protest. When an innocent kid was racially profiled in the US, Obama sent out a clear message that this isn't right even though US is a more federal structure than India. He did not say it's a state law and order issue.

I am no fan of Indian media, but to allege that world renowned people like Rushdie, Murthy, Ashoke Sen etc. are being manipulated by Rahul Gandhi is preposterous. 

No, this is called running with the crowd, Bhedchal in Hindi. Do you think country has suddenly become more intolerant than it was before or less logical than it was before or more bigoted than it was before. Bhedchal is a right word in Indian context. It is prevalent in every aspect of or life. It is like a Bollywood filmmaker found a blockbuster formula and everyone starts running after it until done to death. 

India has become more intolerant. You just have to look at the people who are protesting. If they were prone to following bhedchaal they wouldn't have achieved the international stature that they have today. 

As an example, Rushdie's novel was banned by the Congress in India. What selfish motive does he have to support a movement against BJP? None. 

Ashoke Sen is cited thousands of times in Astrophysics for his ground breaking contributions. Is he doing this for some false publicity when his work has already been acknowledged and respected by the best in his field? Is he trying to enter politics at the age of 80? 

Think about it. Dissent against Modi and the intolerance he is fostering is not being done at the behest of Rahul Gandhi.

Another secular person, joins the intolerance crowd...Him speaking of intolerance reeks of hypocrisy. He is welcome to go to a neighboring country where tolerance is preached and practiced at elementary levels.. Here is speaks about getting a national award and then returning it! :facepalm: 

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/politics/theres-extreme-intolerance-in-india-says-shah-rukh-khan-on-50th-birthday/

Actor Shah Rukh Khan Monday joined the chorus against “growing intolerance” in the country, saying that “religious intolerance and not being secular…is the worst kind of crime that you can do as a patriot”.

At a press conference in Mumbai, when asked whether he would return an award — on the lines of what writers and filmmakers have been doing as a form of protest — he said, “No one can force me to do anything I don’t want to, but let me get a National Award, and then I will return it.” He added that he respected the writers for what they are doing.

BJP politician threatens to "behead"  , CM of Karnarka :

A senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader in Karnataka’s Shimoga has threatened to “behead” chief minister Siddaramaiah and “play football” with his severed head over the latter’s statement that he will eat beef.

and it is the media's fault for reporting this .

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india/bjp-leader-threatens-to-behead-karnataka-cm-over-beef-remark/story-nMaiQpIJP7Vn2iu7QoIBCI.html

BJP politician threatens to "behead"  , CM of Karnarka :

and it is the media's fault for reporting this .

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india/bjp-leader-threatens-to-behead-karnataka-cm-over-beef-remark/story-nMaiQpIJP7Vn2iu7QoIBCI.html

BJP leader has his freedom of expression too like Siddaramaiah has. Why are you so intolerant towards the BJP leader statement and not the same intolerance towards Siddaramaiah statement. Is he too not inciting communal hatred now? :bandit:

BJP leader has his freedom of expression too like Siddaramaiah has. Why are you so intolerant towards the BJP leader statement and not the same intolerance towards Siddaramaiah statement. Is he too not inciting communal hatred now? :bandit:

Making death threats is freedom of expression :hysterical:

Won't be long riots and lynching will be defended under freedom of expression in ICF .

That was pretty lame attempt at sarcasm of u think what Siddaramaiah said and Channabasappa are equatable .

No, my point, was Amiret didnt have to say anything about Siddaramaiah, a state CM, issuing such a statement.  How responsible it is from his side. He is a CM and not an ordinary politician. You cannot compare his statement to a politician who has no responsibility in government. Let that leader say anything, arrest him for that death threat, but CM's statement was far worse seeing the position he holds.

Edited by rkt.india

If they can threaten the CM of a state with decapitation , imagine what they do to poor truck drivers who transport the carcasses of animals .

Late last year a dalit from Valmiki community was murdered by a lynch mob outside delhi for doing his Job ; transporting carcasses of cattle for cremation . He had been contracted by the Delhi Municipal corporation to do this job .

He was murdered because the mob thought he was slaughtering cows.

http://www.dailyo.in/politics/bihar-polls-beef-ban-dadri-lynching-narendra-modi-church-attacks-delhi-assembly/story/1/7043.html

Moderate voice, I am sure a lot of agree on this. There is a rising intolerance from the sanghis and chaddis now that their party is in power, but no way as much as the Congi Liberal brigade is turning this into, It is purely electoral politics. I am sure the rise in intolerance will go back to tolerant levels once Bihar election results will be out.

And make no mistake. The current campaign heralding the rise of “intolerance” to levels “not seen since the Emergency” is utterly political, apart from being utterly false.

The language used by the artists is instructive: “goon brigades”, “cohorts”, “repression”, “contempt”, “bigotry” and “social violence”.

These sentiments were conspicuously absent during incidents of communal violence and brazen corruption under the Congress-led UPA government in 2004-14. As Jay Panda sensibly observes: “In any event, it is surely no coincidence that, real or exaggerated, this narrative of rising intolerance has been peaking around elections. Just as in the earlier phase of reported church attacks bunched around the Delhi state election, so too now the crucial Bihar election is undoubtedly a catalyst.”

What these Machiavellians and their media henchmen don’t realise is that using artists, scientists and writers to raise the cry of intolerance can backfire. In one telling opinion poll, 60 per cent of respondents hold the media responsible for creating an atmosphere that sparks sectarian and communal violence. The more the media distorts the narrative, the greater the polarisation.

The Bihar elections may be an immediate target of the Opposition and its media underlings. But the collateral damage their campaign might cause to the national interest and to India’s global image could rebound on them. When 2019 rolls along, the Machiavellians may discover they’ve overplayed their hand. The electorate could surprise them.

The prime minister has not handled the political campaign to “delegitimise” his government particularly well. The campaign is so transparently mendacious that it could have been exposed long before it reached – to use our scientists’ colourful phrase – “nuclear criticality”.

^^ To paraphrase : "A conspiratorial campaign  orchestrated by a Machiavellian Lutyen's cabal in the heart of delhi and their media henchmen"

:laugh:  A conspiracy theory worthy of being generated by the fevered imaginations of our western neighbors.

Meanwhile , the BJP loon who threatened to cut off the Chief Minister's head and play football with it in a non-Anarchical manner , claims he was only referring to a non-literal , metaphorical BEHEADING.

The police had earlier filed a case of criminal intimidation against Channabasappa, who said the threat was “just a figure of speech “but challenged the state government to arrest him.