The Costs of Hindu Extremism: New York Times

Asim

Please, read before replying.  I wrote clearly in India,  it's inefficient corruption. That itself can be the biggest problem here in India.

And then, we elected a so called "secular" government in place for nearly 60 years, and yet they had little vision, failed on development front and were selfish for personal gains.

I was talking about hhypothetical situation If there was no extremist Islam. In that case we did not have secular Govt for 60 years.without Islamic extremism other religions won't have their extremism much

Just imagine an undivided India  with communal harmony  , it could had developed much faster than China

I was talking about hhypothetical situation If there was no extremist Islam. In that case we did not have secular Govt for 60 years.without Islamic extremism other religions won't have their extremism much

You have some amateur posts. Let me give one solid factual example, post 1947 after independence, India actually had great defense building capability bar the western nations. There were many manufacturing factories around our country while our big neighbor had zero industrial base. But see today, we have to import most of our defense equipments while they make it on their own.

The sole reason and blame lies with our political parties, and thus Congress as they ruled for 60 years. Congress never had a true vision for the country, and were selfishly more interested in 5 years plan of winning elections, and so indulged in corruption and dividing people. To build a nation, you really need a long-term vision. That's the root cause for our slow development, not other things like you wrote.

You have some amateur posts. Let me give one solid factual example, post 1947 after independence, India actually had great defense building capability bar the western nations. There were many manufacturing factories around our country while our big neighbor had zero industrial base. But see today, we have to import most of our defense equipments while they make it on their own.

The sole reason and blame lies with our political parties, and thus Congress as they ruled for 60 years. Congress never had a true vision for the country, and were selfishly more interested in 5 years plan of winning elections, and so indulged in corruption and dividing people. To build a nation, you really need a long-term vision. That's the root cause for our slow development, not other things like you wrote.

So you want to say Paki's are not corrupt? Their leaders and generals were so patriotic that they are now making their own defense equipment.

You also have to accept that they received so much support from USA and later China .Just blaming everything on Congress is not answer to India's problem . many states have thrown Congress govts out of power decades earlier still they are corrupt and inefficent

So you want to say Paki's are not corrupt? Their leaders and generals were so patriotic that they are now making their own defense equipment.

You also have to accept that they received so much support from USA and later China .Just blaming everything on Congress is not answer to India's problem . many states have thrown Congress govts out of power decades earlier still they are corrupt and inefficent

Stupid post, I am talking about our other and bigger neighbor. They had nothing in post-1947 while we were the strong in manufacturing bar Western nations, Japan. We also had good access to foreign and big universities and while they had nothing of that. We had knowledge, factories and yet we missed those opportunities.

Now, they make everything in their own country while we have to import. Our Congress party never had any vision, as 15-20 year vision doesn't win elections but vote-banks, populist certainly does. They were our central government for long long time but completely failed to think beyond votes.

Edited by someone

Stupid post, I am talking about our other and bigger neighbor. They had nothing in post-1947 while we were the strong in manufacturing bar Western nations, Japan. We also had good access to foreign and big universities and while they had nothing of that. We had knowledge, factories and yet we missed those opportunities.

Now, they make everything in their own country while we have to import. Our Congress party never had any vision, as 15-20 year vision doesn't win elections but vote-banks, populist certainly does. They were our central government for long long time but completely failed to think beyond votes.

Make everything , please read some stats. Pakistan defence budget 7-8 billion USD arm imports 600-700 million USD 

India defence budget 40 billion USD arms import 2.5 billion

Congress was bad no doubt but thinking almost all countries [progressed while India lagged behind is not true

Make everything , please read some stats. Pakistan defence budget 7-8 billion USD arm imports 600-700 million USD 

India defence budget 40 billion USD arms import 2.5 billion

Congress was bad no doubt but thinking almost all countries [progressed while India lagged behind is not true

Do you have serious comprehension problems? I was talking about China. You really need some history lessons, like we had a capable defensive manufacturing bar Western nations in post 1947 while they had absolutely nothing. We also had exposure to foreign universities, so we really had the talent, knowledge, resources, factories. But our government never had any long term real vision as more concerned on vote-banks and 5 years planning and thus never did sustainable development. That's the sole reason for the development issues.

We weren't always behind, India itself had a decent base at start while many countries had nothing but yet, those countries progressed ahead of us. So don't blame our culture, diversity but rather it's all bad politics.